Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Officers aim to increase traffic to certain websites. Their responsibilities include producing content with keywords and phrases, testing various designs and advertising strategies, utilizing a working knowledge of keyword research and how search engines work, staying up-to-date with the SEO workings, being willing to adapt and learn during the process, and understanding the clients’ needs.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best SEO Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real SEO Manager resumes for your reference.
SEO Manager Resume Sample 1
- Impacted online advertisement by determining keywords within each advertisement, making changes to advertisements on each website.
- Educated clients of social media marketing by setting up new accounts on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Minimized the customers’ advertisement costs through the use of social media postings of customers’ associates.
- Trained new employees in social media formats after acquiring new employees from an e-commerce agency.
- Increased online customers through Google Search results positioning of clients’ competitors by tailoring the customers’ content to the Google search engines.
SEO Manager Resume Sample 2
- Identified and advanced positive reviews, reviews, and resources on web pages of large corporations. Provided content that affected visitors’ thoughts and behaviors. Helped maximize marketing campaigns.
- Created a design for a marketing campaign to introduce a new product launch. Managed day-to-day production through internal team members’ review of copy, photos, layout, wording, and color schemes until the project’s completion on time for release on schedule.
- Assisted in creating an external/internal network for effective communication with vendors during the planning stages of a major rebranding campaign while maintaining appropriate public appearances for positive recognition within company culture.
- Learned and improved upon SEO skills by researching the company’s competitive market to develop new opportunities for improved site traffic growth within reasonable timelines.
- Created new marketing campaigns for customers to increase sales of products already in the marketplace.
SEO Manager Resume Sample 3
- Worked with a team of ten in the development and implementation of a marketing plan for a start-up company.
- Directed the SEO for three national print advertising campaigns from late 2006 to date.
- Created a blog that was consistently ranked number one among its category in all search engines by mid 2009.
- Used keyword submission to create shortcuts with original content on searches for SEO.
- Created a guide on building widgets to track portfolio company websites for use by staff in marketing efforts.
SEO Manager Resume Sample 4
- Applied SEO principles to build awareness of clients’ offerings to increase sales for their wholesale clients.
- Maintained web site at the highest levels of search engine rankings; utilized professional link building techniques in an innovative manner; maintained socially responsible appearance.
- Developed, implemented, and supported search engine marketing strategies that resulted in increased traffic (hits) for web site hosting service providers.
- Increased traffic to company’s website by 25% realized through Google Adwords campaign placement.
- Increased company’s online presence by less than 6 months after launching website; viewed as industry leader in environmental issues management.
SEO Manager Resume Sample 5
- Researched web site keywords; created targeted list of over 700 keywords; successfully ranked sites in search engines.
- Conducted internal and external company website audits; conducted internal employee training with SEO basics.
- Created internal podcast episode to bring SEO expertise directly to fellow employees for training purposes.
- Managed SEO-related projects for more than 10% of company traffic every month, generating over 30% increase in website page views monthly.
- Trained employees on five international websites successfully including domains in the US, UK, Germany, Japan, and France.
SEO Manager Resume Sample 6
- Scrubbed more than 70,000 URLs related to SEO, accounting for 65% of all growth rates on the web.
- Won the All-American Marketing Award for two consecutive years.
- Received an industry award for $400,000 of free advertising on Google.
- Submitted monthly reports to students of Marketing 101 for promotions and social media strategies.
- Recognized as “Professionalism” by the local chamber of commerce and awarded a 100% rating by students at their Business Law class.
SEO Manager Resume Sample 7
- Performed as a master of SEO techniques, fostering new website traffic and increased media placements.
- Used advanced analysis of search engine data to develop a more effective process for keyword bid adjustments.
- Adhered to daily/weekly protocols set forth by senior management for new website task assignment and execution. @4: Generated a 27% increase in monthly revenue output using various SEO strategies; selected as elite Search Engine Optimization Analyst.
- Implemented fresh content strategies with existing clients; enhanced site navigation and usability on most high-traffic web pages.
- Recognized for entering the top ten results on Google for multiple specified keywords.
SEO Manager Resume Sample 8
- Executed Internet marketing campaigns for qualified clients; effectively launched company’s online presence through Facebook, Twitter, and blog.
- Independently analyzed industry data; identified trends and potential growth opportunities.
- Successfully implemented SEO strategy with client businesses; was retained as SEO Manager for additional projects.
- Established leadership position; produced creative results for two years, cultivating new business relationships.
- Analyzed SEO elements for over 200 websites in the entertainment industry. Conducted keyword research, produced reports, and evaluated website consistency.
SEO Manager Resume Sample 9
- Provided SEO assistance to over 20 distinct corporations that ranged in products from life insurance to e-cigarettes.
- Completed SEO projects by incorporating, evaluating, and presenting data for multiple domains in the music industry.
- Upgraded corporate webpage search engine visibility after conducting technical audits on major domain hosting server software.
- Collaborated with sales department on two internet marketing campaigns resulting in increased sales.
- Positioned a business to be on of the first 10 search results for a key term found on Google, Yahoo, and MSN.
SEO Manager Resume Sample 10
- Tracked and implemented changes to keyword strategies, domain name rankings, and site content of 7 websites after conducting extensive keyword research.
- Obtained jobs from top industry jobs sites including CareerBuilder, SimplyHired, Monster, and Dice for a client that had no prior jobs posted by salary done.com.
- Achieved success with AdWords campaigns by attaining monthly budgets of $5k to $10k without the need of a budget cap increase from management over a four-year period; received an award for exceptional performance.
- Pledged $50k to $60k of hard-earned profits to startup companies and charities and helped to start a new company from scratch.
- Managed SEO campaigns for over 30 clients gaining over 2,000 new customers, increasing direct traffic to client websites by 400% in less than two years.
SEO Manager Resume Sample 11
- Increased google rankings, developed content strategy and developed detailed keyword research and analysis.
- Created Google Rich Snippets and wrote articles for client sites to optimize google rankings.
- Developed search engine optimization campaigns for client’s websites and improved sales through lead generation.
- Managed a team of five SEO specialists, built an in-house Knowledge Base, created a Content Management System (CMS), and wrote detailed instructions on search engine optimization to clients receiving 60%+ revenue growth within six months.
- The Best SEO Manager Resume Samples
- Wrap Up
To be an SEO Officer, you must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or Information Technology and several years’ experience in online marketing. You must demonstrate independence, teamwork, organization, time management, creativity, strategic and analytical thinking, problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills, and familiarity with Google analytics.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.