WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Nutritionists guide clients to reaching their health goals. Their duties include acting according to protocol, providing assessments considering all aspects of a client’s condition, keeping medical records, monitoring clients’ immunization status, making referrals to various social services, providing nutritional counseling, and promoting programs and services related to the WIC program. Educational requirements vary, but you most likely need to be a Registered Dietitian (RD) which includes a Bachelor’s degree in a Nutrition-related field as well as hands-on experience, and you may need to be bilingual. You must show confidentiality, good judgement, strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, computer skills, attention to detail, the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, multitask, and understand various cultures.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best WIC Nutritionist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real WIC Nutritionist resumes for your reference.
WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 1
- Designed, implemented, and analyzed data on the effectiveness of innovative health education classes for pregnant women.
- Provided nutrition screenings to 2,400 mothers at WIC clinic; identified high-risk patients through extensive research regarding nutritional risk factors.
- Authored reports using knowledge of computer spreadsheets and Microsoft Word; recognized by Supervisor as leader in revamping handouts to support efforts.
- Succinctly summarized research findings during weekly meetings with medical professionals; revised diets to meet local WIC guidelines.
- Earned appreciation as an authoritative source for nutritional information within the community; effectively addressed concerns related to breastfeeding cessation, prenatal care habits, and postpartum dieting practices.
WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 2
- Promoted to lead family nutritionist with a wellness focus for eight Nutrition Education Specialists and 30 County Clerks.
- Provided timely information and support in achieving an affirmative pregnancy outcome for over 400 women annually.
- Dedicated to improving the quality of life for our clients through education, networking partnerships, and outreach efforts.
- Recognized by management as a valuable team member after completing training program from Medical University of South Carolina.
- Awarded certification as a WIC Specialist by the American Academy of Family Physicians, 2005.
WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 3
- Trained and supervised up to six physicians, medical assistants, and nurse practitioners in the management of patients with eating disorders.
- Assessed each client on intake form to determine dietary needs; designed daily menus that met all nutritional requirements while minimizing out-of-pocket food costs for clients.
- Promoted best interest of clients by providing counseling services to promote healthful choices, such as increasing fruit and vegetables in family diets.
- Collaborated with school officials to design a computer application used by Community Health Workers (CHWs) to support pregnant teens who desired reduction in infant birth weight.
- Earned Exceptional Performance Award for top 5% employees at National Headquarters for meeting all nutrition education requirements.
WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 4
- Produced 5% increase in Washington’s WIC breastfeeding rate; alongside peer, plans and implements group counseling sessions.
- Developed work-flow guidelines to help increase productivity and reduce dependency on supervision & clerical support.
- Expanded outreach program that provided monthly nutritional sessions (e.g., cooking classes) for over 40 Washington State locations; recognized by Governor for exceptional performance.
- Identified and implemented new outreach strategies while reducing organizational costs by $322,000 statewide; recognized by Regional Director for exceptional performance.
- Collaborated with law enforcement to promote community awareness of domestic violence during Mother’s Day celebration through media release and proactive outreach initiatives; created a supportive environment conducive to the wellbeing of all.
WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 5
- Advocated for maternal and child health by conducting home visits with medically-needy pregnant mothers.
- Averaged 97% WIC certification rate for new applicants; recognized by supervisor for outstanding performance.
- Enhanced client awareness of disease prevention through food handling safety, sanitation, and nutritional education.
- Maintained confidentiality in all aspects of case management while maintaining legal responsibilities towards clients under WIC.
- Promoted breast feeding within the community to reduce infant illness rates during four outreach events held at local churches.
WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 6
- Trained staff how to perform and improve each assigned task.
- Helped gather information on healthy food choices to implement in WIC education programs.
- Fluent in Spanish; presented bilingual health education presentations to Hispanic families and adults.
- Carrier leader responsible for the administration and supervision of three other employees including recruitment, training, and scheduling duties.
- Collected data on client requests, needs, and feedback; presented findings at monthly team meetings.
WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 7
- Prescribed healthy diets to pregnant mothers, infants, and children.
- Provided nutritional counselling for patients with chronic diseases through collaboration with physicians and healthcare providers.
- Promoted economic wellness by conducting workshops for WIC recipients in financial literacy, nutrition planning, and discount programs.
- Acted as a liaison between medical staff and patients; facilitated appointment scheduling and communicated patient’s progress to family members.
- Developed nutritional guidelines that helped increase breastfeeding rates among low-income women.
WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 8
- Educated 70+ individuals in breastfeeding and nutrition during each session with groups twice a year.
- Completed an internship for specialized learning with physicians regarding health conditions that impact pregnant women, infants, and children’s healthcare needs.
- Trained up to 25 staff members per quarter on standardization of meal counts taken by field workers.
- Resolved customer complaints via written form or verbal communication with parents about their child’s eligibility status.
- Achieved excellence in finance through record-keeping abilities of funds used for department projects.
WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 9
- Provided nutritional education for WIC families, including meal planning and shopping tours.
- Promoted positive self-esteem in young women during group meetings by providing mother/daughter activities.
- Earned recognition as outstanding staff member for her dedication and active efforts at home visiting to increase breastfeeding rates among WIC recipients.
- Collaborated with medical professionals to share information regarding prenatal and postpartum conditions and their effects on nutrition and lifestyle changes.
- Identified food resource gaps, target populations, and assessed the feasibility of potential programs or interventions during comprehensive client assessment process.
WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 10
- Evaluated clients to determine eligibility for WIC program; educated and counseled participants regarding nutrition, life skills, health promotion and disease prevention.
- Contributed to a significant increase in the number of WIC participants and overall service quality by developing new initiatives and conducting training sessions on program policies.
- Convened stakeholders to develop recommendations for simplifying the process of ordering infant formula under WIC.
- Implemented administrative guidelines related to Department updates including changes in time requirements for clinics before termination of certification, medical provider qualifications, application denial/approval criteria, acceptance into Spanish Program, etc.
- Saw that all children received proper food packages at various early childhood education centers.
WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 11
- Provided for the nutritional needs of pregnant women, new mothers, infants and young children up to 5 years old in accordance with Federal nutrition guidelines.
- Ensured specialty food requests were filled in a timely manner.
- Conducted seminars on proper use of WIC coupons including customer relations techniques.
- Determined eligibility for WIC benefits through determination of applicant’s financial position.
- Expanded customer base by adding 35 new applicants in final three months at agency; recognized by Supervisor for outstanding performance.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best WIC Nutritionist Resume Samples
- WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 1
- WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 2
- WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 3
- WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 4
- WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 5
- WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 6
- WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 7
- WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 8
- WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 9
- WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 10
- WIC Nutritionist Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up