A safety specialist works for manufacturers and offices to ensure safety and health. A safety specialist’s responsibilities are inspecting equipment for any faulty functioning, identifies repairs that need to be made, measuring noise, measuring substances levels, managing the storage of hazardous materials, and ensuring employee safety at all times.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Safety Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Safety Specialist resumes for your reference.
Safety Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Recognized by the Vice President for exemplary safety performance; utilized safety procedures; communicated with the fire department to ensure emergency alerts were met.
- Participated in an orientation program to ensure company standards and adherence to OSHA guidelines.
- Awarded outstanding quality award, customer satisfaction awards, and a safety performance award. Managed a team of three who performed tasks such as inspection, coordination, and pre-engagement of contractors.
- Developed a separate section of the site plan, reflecting additional requirements under construction as well as existing facilities. Worked closely with engineers to interpret requirements as applied to the client’s project.
- Contributed to the building of a new corporate office located in downtown Chicago.
Safety Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Earned award for being a champion for safety; personally demonstrated safe work habits.
- Authored an article on safety in industries; presented the article at the regional Safety & Health Conference.
- Presented at the regional Safety & Health Conference regarding portable extinguishers; earned appreciation for demonstrating effective extinguisher usage.
- Created poster regarding best practices for working with abrasive blasting materials; presented at National Safety Conference in Kansas City, MO
- Provided input into emergency action plan; implemented emergency drills to ensure all workers were prepared in case of emergency (testing).
Safety Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Invented new safety processes and procedures to reduce accidents.
- Achieved the highest level of safety consultant certification from the state of California.
- Developed a new training program that met or exceeded OSHA standards for compliance with all construction-related regulations and industry standards for hazardous materials awareness.
- Attended annual conferences on fire prevention, safety, and medical/psychological first aid.
- Maintained records of medical attention rendered as a safety officer for more than 200 employees at three job sites during the years 2000-2004.
Safety Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Achieved top spot in all safety training, certifications, and attendance.
- Ensured that all the safety leaders in the organization were knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures.
- Earned excellent score in the annual safety meeting.
- Increased awareness of safety issues by providing written materials to all staff on hazards associated with working for the company in regards to confined spaces, hazardous materials, confined area entry, fall protection, etc.
- Recruited more than 50 new employees into the department; interacted with potential employees at their home to get information about their families and daily activities to ensure that they understood what was expected of them when they joined the department.
Safety Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Utilized worker’s compensation safety guidelines to coordinate employee safety programs.
- Wrote 100+ newsletter articles on OSHA safety standards for the company newsletter; received outstanding correspondence award.
- Created safety testing procedures for employees on site; recognized by OSHA for high performance.
- Identified and corrected worker’s compensation policy violations according to labor guidelines through proactive communication with labor representatives.
- Prevented multiple on-the-job injuries according to local, state, federal labor guidelines through proactive communication with employees regarding safety practices.
Safety Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Maintained a relationship with all contractors and subcontractors on a daily basis to ensure safety compliance on the job site. Assembled an emergency response team from all trades to be on-call for any emergencies.
- Achieved award for the breakdown of an emergency response team by an inspector, foreman, and supervisor. This teamwork produced positive change in the company’s safety procedures while benefiting the company financially.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data that made safety improvement within the company more efficient.
- Achieved award for being on-site for over 200 days during the year in order to maintain safety compliance on all job sites.
- Received commendation from the City of Los Angeles Fire Department for outstanding efforts in fire prevention and compliance.
Safety Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Recognized as a Safety Ambassador.
- Achieved award as a Safety Specialist; ensured all job sites met OSHA safety standards and performed as requested.
- Achieved award as a Safety Champion; performed as directed and exceeded customer expectations.
- Earned recognition as a result of meeting performance goals and exceeding customer expectations regarding process improvements and safety-related procedures, procedures for safely working at height, improved injury reporting mechanism, and proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Received merit award for continuous quality improvement; provided thorough documentation to ensure that all documentation was completed in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Safety Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Managed a team of 7 supervisors for a project involving some of the largest companies in the world.
- Received award as Safety Coordinator for preventive efforts as a result of no OSHA recordable incident on site after three years of operation.
- Created and delivered a hazard assessment presentation that resulted in an OSHA recordable incident being reduced to a compliant status with OSHA but also influenced OSHA to change their inspection procedures.
- Verified compliance with all OSHA standards on more than 20 sites throughout the country by becoming OSHA certified within 3 months from initial employment at the company. Also, inspected more than 50 sites throughout the U.S. on my own time while monitoring compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Participated in new employee training for OSHA regulations and management on the proper procedure to handle asbestos issues on construction sites.
Safety Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Undertook a 37-hour OSHA course, and offered assistance to employees by teaching about accident prevention at the construction site where I was employed.
- Wrote a safety manual for traditional brick masons, and designed an app that keeps track of safety hazards on construction sites.
- Won recognition from management for maintaining a satisfactory accident rate.
- Suggested the use of an AirFence that would keep birds from interfering with traffic near the airport runway. Was honored with a commendation from the FAA for this innovative idea.
- Enabled deeper insights into construction accidents by developing a database based on employee interviews and feedback surveys.
Safety Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Coordinated safety-related projects performed at various construction sites across the nation, which included managing high hazard locations, developing safe site procedures.
- Managed safety-related projects at multiple companies in the construction industry.
- Actively participated in inspects, audits, and investigations to ensure safe work practices.
- Collaborated with management to recommend needed changes in safety policies and procedures.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; demonstrated outstanding ability to identify and meet company expectations.
Safety Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Reviewed construction site conditions for the absence of hazardous materials.
- Obtained certifications for Power Jacks, Gas jacks, punch lists.
- Inspected construction sites for various safety violations.
- Conducted inspections of piping systems to ensure the integrity of the punch lists.
- Supervised the construction of turnarounds by following up on punch list items and ensuring that workers were safely traveling to completion sites.
Safety Specialist Resume Sample 12
- Conducted on-site safety inspections and prepared inspection reports without missing a single item; ensured compliance with HUD, FHA, and building codes.
- Gained notoriety as a Safety Committee member; provided innovative safety solutions and implemented the best practices that resulted in improved safety records and decreased insurance costs.
- Presented a series of educational seminars for all employees; effectively focused on the current topics and covered various topics related to hazards, human factors, accident prevention, risk management, and worker’s compensation.
- Instrumental in revamping safety program after identifying its weaknesses during an audit by the government agencies; increased training budget from $5 per employee to $60 per employee.
- Committed to the safety of all employees through proactive training; created special training programs for supervisors and management personnel to educate them on specific safety issues.
Safety Specialist Resume Sample 13
- Prepared a safety plan for a project, which was approved by the company president, and was a factor in a $5 million savings.
- Oversaw safety of over 100 workers at any given time; worked with management to ensure that safety training and equipment were available to workers on the job site.
- Redesigned company accident reporting form to include more information on worker training and on-the-job hazards; received recognition for implementing this change.
- Redesigned all safety posters to include photographs for increased worker comprehension; recognized by management for an outstanding redesign.
- Achieved award for meeting employee satisfaction guidelines as a supervisor on a job site.
To become a safety specialist, a bachelor’s degree in occupational health is required, in addition to ASP certification. A safety specialist must be alert, must be engaging, must be detail-oriented, must have excellent communication skills, must be knowledgeable about hazards and dangers in the workplace, must be able to work in a team, and must have computer skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Safety Specialist Resume Samples
- Safety Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Safety Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Safety Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Safety Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Safety Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Safety Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Safety Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Safety Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Safety Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Safety Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Safety Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Safety Specialist Resume Sample 12
- Safety Specialist Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up