Patient Service Associates are responsible for taking care of the administrative needs of patients. Their duties include checking in patients when they arrive, checking the patient chart for correct information, collecting co-pays, scheduling appointments, coordinating appointments with specialists when needed, helping with insurance claims, and answering phones.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Patient Service Associate Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Patient Service Associate resumes for your reference.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 1
- Proactively addressed all customers’ concerns during a patient call.
- Handled multiple customer calls and provided excellent customer service based on company standards.
- Supervised patients with exceptional care skills; demonstrated leadership through participation in clinical interventions and direct care of patients.
- Attended to all administrative needs in the exam area; kept units in working order and were calibrated on schedule according to facility guidelines.
- Provided quality customer service representative experience; helped new hires successfully adjust to company culture, values, policies, and procedures.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 2
- Accurately processed refund payments within the time frames requested by the Payout department while adhering to the insurance company’s guidelines.
- Accurately processed additional funds requests.
- Followed deadlines as set forth by other employees.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 3
- Provided a positive Patient Service experience for prospective and current patients by greeting them, determining needs, and positively impacting their experience.
- Met daily quota of newly acquired patients, often exceeding the goal by 20%. Recognized as “Patient Ambassador” by the Regional Manager.
- Became known as an advocate for Patient Services; received an award from corporate office for going above and beyond.
- Enhanced patient service experience by creating a database of patient satisfaction scores through calls to patients’ homes who had previously visited the facility.
- Oversees scheduling department, meeting weekly goals while maintaining optimum customer service to visitors and referring physicians.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 4
- Provided personal attention to each customer. Handled customer receipts and answered incoming calls while awaiting the next clients.
- Accurately input data into computer system using an electronic scanner (MICR reader).
- Reorganized filing cabinets and other records to ensure efficient filing and retrieval.
- Enrolled patients in pharmacy refill program to reduce costs of out-of-pocket expenses.
- Created new brochures, workshops, classes, and seminars designed to promote the education of more than 5000 annual students assigned per year.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 5
- Processed medical insurance and billing via fax, phone, and e-mail.
- Verified account balances with the vendor, if necessary; filed a correct tax return with Internal Revenue Service.
- Prepared, stamped, and printed thousands of 1099 forms for the company.
- Handled mail and orders received at the front desk as well as general housekeeping duties. Received numerous awards for outstanding customer service.
- Performed administrative and clerical duties as requested.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 6
- Attended customer service training courses; smiled at customers and engaged in a friendly chat.
- Trained customer service line to use proper greetings with all customer types.
- Trained co-workers to be patient with customers during busy times. Instructed them on how to make the customer first, second, and third priority.
- Achieved award for customer satisfaction; volunteered for Customer Service Representative (CSR) or Mediator hours.
- Achieved award for productivity; approached 150 calls per day for CSRs or Mediators in 3-4 hour shifts.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 7
- Adhered to hospital’s guidelines regarding patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Accurately answered phones and assisted patients and visitors regarding hospital services, departments, and policies.
- Prepared medical reports; timely completion contributed to award.
- Achieved award for job performance; consistently provided exceptional customer service regarding pharmacy services, appointments, and expenditures. Achieved award for the highest number of patient referrals within 7 months of hire.
- Achieved award for excellent customer service; consistently exceeded customers’ expectations by providing the highest quality of service while adhering to regulations relating to hospital rules of conduct.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 8
- Obtained top certification for ITIL Assurance level 1. Designed specific policies and procedures for IT service management.
- Managed the day-to-day operation of the call center in a fast-paced environment.
- Effectively directed employee participation, staff training, and scheduling of work activities.
- Achieved award for team building; was instrumental to hands-on customer service experience, which impacted sales goal(s).
- Achieved productivity award; proactively managed employee time through daily production reports. Set standards to enhance customer and patient satisfaction while maintaining all required outputs at the time requested by management.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 9
- Provided valuable customer service to patients, including answering their questions, scheduling appointments, and assisting with their medical histories.
- Handled confidential medical information carefully by abiding by HIPAA standards.
- Assisted physicians with difficult appointments and explained treatment plans and processes to patients.
- Achieved award for exceptional service; always provided a warm smile to patients regardless of the situation.
- Recognized by three physicians as a trusted source of information; received a special appreciation certificate from one physician for her outstanding work ethic.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 10
- Accurately completed forms for medical providers, nurses, physician’s assistants, and pharmacies.
- Completed regulatory process for obtaining a license from the State of Ohio; received full endorsement from the State Board of Nursing and State Board of Social Workers.
- Received a score of outstanding in all areas on nursing school placement test (GRE) entry examination; graduated at the top of the class.
- Made significant strides in computer skills by proficiently utilizing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; proficient in the use of the Internet, email, faxes, and phone systems (SBCS).
- Achieved award for work ethic; has demonstrated consistency to exceed expectations.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 11
- Accurately answered 100+ customer inquiries per day, with at least 60% of the inquiries on patients’ accounts.
- Permanently assigned 72 patients through the use of a patient portal, resulting in an increase of 105% in patient satisfaction scores.
- Helped develops and launch a new division within the corporation; launched a new division providing services to Medicare patients in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
- Managed two monthly payroll cycles for five employees; managed six employees as payroll managers for various projects.
- Developed and implemented policies and procedures for newly hired staff; successfully introduced documentation requirements and educational standards for employees’ training programs.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 12
- Effectively communicate with patients and families to ensure treatment plans were understood; ensured all insurance/referral requirements were met.
- Provided detailed information to patients on scheduling and payment procedures; established a positive rapport by effectively communicating with co-workers, patients, and families.
- Used computer software to schedule appointments and communicate with physicians’ offices.
- Completed required training on company guidelines for documentation of accounting, billing, collections, legal issues, medical records policies; received a certificate for completion of a training program.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; provided 1st-class healthcare by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with patients, families, and other healthcare workers.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 13
- Provided patient assistance with filing insurance claims and appealed denials; saved the hospital $24,000+ per month in denied charges.
- Managed multiple tasks, ensuring patients’ safety and comfort during the time of treatment; productive and proactive in completing tasks.
- Dealt with difficult staff members; ensured resolution to complain without conflict or repercussion to department or self.
- Interacted effectively with patients, ensuring a positive experience; professionally handled complaints while maintaining a high level of customer service through prompt response to requests and questions.
- Achieved award for exceptional customer service skills; a model employee who strives for excellence in her job performance.
Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 14
- Helped keep a clean and organized facility; appeared professional and ensured customers’ satisfaction on all transactions.
- Responsible for maintaining GLA budget while meeting customer’s needs; reconciled monthly GLA budget with daily receipts.
- Adept in calculations; actively involved in product enhancements, continued education, and loan approval reviews.
- Achieved award for customer service; had a positive impact on the organization’s customer satisfaction.
- Achieved productivity award; kept up with 25+ customers per day with 9-10 pm shift availability.
A high school diploma is needed for this job, along with experience in customer service. Skills needed to be successful are good math and computer skills, courtesy, professional demeanor, ability to be a team player, customer service skills, positive people skills, patience, and friendliness.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Patient Service Associate Resume Samples
- Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 1
- Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 2
- Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 3
- Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 4
- Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 5
- Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 6
- Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 7
- Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 8
- Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 9
- Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 10
- Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 11
- Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 12
- Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 13
- Patient Service Associate Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up