The Child Life Specialist works with children and families through illness, injury and disability. Their duties include supporting families through their medical experience, developing age appropriate treatment to minimize trauma, advocating for child, maintaining accurate documentation, educating families and collaborating with professionals for child’s care.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Child Life Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Child Life Specialist resumes for your reference.
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Monitored safety and implemented emergency response guidelines for emergency situations.
- Supervised safety and emergency drill for 30 children, demonstrating leadership skills by making decisions on behalf of the staff.
- Developed skills of making decisions on behalf of staff members with a minimal amount of verbal directions.
- Recognized for customer service with customers who provided positive feedback to bank management.
- Achieved commendation by the Regional Manager for exceptional customer service.
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Supervised and developed the training skills for aides; developed goals, weekly objectives, and lesson plans; provided quality care for children; prioritized daily to ensure that each child had a positive experience.
- Trained staff members in the use of therapeutic techniques, which enabled them to provide more effective care.
- Developed a training plan for a new aide, which included a script-based program to be run through a “pi” afternoon schedule.
- Trained all staff members on new safety guidelines regarding child abuse and neglect.
- Holds an active certification from Child Abuse Prevention Association (CAPA).
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Has completed agency training and has demonstrated mastery of child-related knowledge and skills.
- Performed preventative child care, such as play activity, storytime, and outdoor activities such as puzzles and games.
- Achieved 5 stars for the past two years on the quality care rating scale; exhibited top-quality performance by excelling in all five categories.
- Received a perfect attendance award for three consecutive years.
- Personally raised over $500 for the United Way drive.
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Achieved outstanding service award for the child care center. Identified and assisted families that had expressed interest in care for their children.
- Recognized by facility administrator for consistently high attention to detail; effectively-researched and made recommendations regarding staffing patterns, schedules, and equipment replacements.
- Received quality awards for exceptional performance; effectively performed quality control checks of the daily program of study.
- Achieved outstanding quality of work award; recognized by members of the scheduling committee as well as the families of the children who attended.
- Achieved excellent work achievement award; effectively maintained files on all children attending on a daily basis.
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Coached and mentored staff on proper handling of children’s teeth and preventative oral hygiene.
- Trained daycare providers on safe sleep guidelines; implemented policies for optimal safety and fun.
- Assigned child care providers; effectively worked with child care providers to develop positive relationships.
- Accomplished training on first aid and CPR for parents and staff.
- Trained staff on new operations procedures for the foster family placement program.
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Coordinated interdisciplinary care during life-threatening situations involving a child.
- Supervised and presented a group based on the needs of premature infants.
- Monitored a patient’s progress after a suicide attempt.
- Actively participated in conferences focusing on parental involvement with young patients.
- Recommended outside agencies to assist families who required bio-social services that were not provided by facilities where I worked.
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Provided care to terminally ill children in hospitals, nursing homes, and children’s homes.
- Promoted the healing process of the hospitalized patients through activities such as play therapy, humor therapy, pet therapy, exercise therapy, art therapy, music therapy ad creative expression.
- Made appeals to family members for donations of art supplies for the art room for terminally ill children.
- Discovered the needs of terminally ill children and their families by identifying their concerns, problems, fears, and dreams.
- Practiced positive communication with patients’ families by expressing empathy, establishing rapport, encouraging communication, and enlarging patients’ support network.
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Established a resume-building program for children undergoing therapy while at the center.
- Created an environment that encouraged independence and self-esteem in children through the use of art/crafts and other projects.
- Helped to reduce the length of time spent in therapy, thus saving over $20,000 in therapy costs annually.
- Was responsible for building a fund drive from scratch that raised over $10,000.
- Helped coordinate and implement a design plan that improved the appearance and morale of over 100 staff members by implementing interior design suggestions throughout the center.
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Effectively managed daily operations of the Child Life department; promoted an environment conducive for child care activities.
- Provided exceptional service to families through coordination of services regarding children’s health, mental health, and other needs which will contribute to the overall well-being of the child.
- Organized monthly school supply drives, Thanksgiving meals, and holiday events for children in the hospital.
- Maintained positive relationships with families, physicians, nurses, hospital staff members, insurance representatives, medical supply agencies and community groups.
- Identified specific needs of families by addressing their fears and concerns associated with their child’s illness or injury.
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Worked in an outreach program that fostered the development of a healthy, well-rounded child.
- Helped children grow in self-confidence.
- Provided a supportive environment for children to socialize during activities and crafts.
- Helped children learn new skills through play.
- Planned daily activities with parents and staff members to ensure family participation in programs, workshops, and field trips.
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Volunteered at the local children’s hospital to entertain and educate patients.
- Provided emotional support to children from low-income families who were hospitalized due to medical concerns.
- Assisted in planning and organizing monthly activities for children at the hospital and encouraged participation.
- Provided information and research funding options for parents in order to pursue licensure for their dream careers in child care.
- Received award for providing exceptional customer service; utilized positive communication, time management skills, and effectively resolved conflicts.
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 12
- Demonstrated positive interactions with children, provided support and reassurance to the children, communicating with parents on behalf of the children, and properly address parents’ concerns on behalf of the child.
- Kept the classroom orderly, helped children with their workloads by providing materials and information.
- Helped each child develop self-confidence through activities, encouragement, affection.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a child care license.
- Received outstanding quality award; provided a safe and secure environment for a child.
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 13
- Completion of the training program in First Aid and CPR; met all requirements for certification by American Heart Association.
- Trained in Basic Life Support techniques; met all requirements.
- Licensed by State of Texas Department of Health Services to perform child life services in a hospital or home health care setting.
- Met certification and licensing standards for becoming a Board Certified Child Life Specialist.
- Successfully completed the APNA advanced certification process.
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 14
- Developed a variety of educational activities to meet the needs of both children and parents.
- Established a strong rapport with children and their parents by playing music, engaging in creative activities, and heading up a field trip.
- Facilitated play groups throughout the nursery; created opportunities for various groups to interact with each other through structured activities.
- Participated in daily learning group at the child care center.
- Managed staff through weekly meetings, set guidelines for staff performance, and maintained attendance records.
Child Life Specialist Resume Sample 15
- Trained new staff members in the areas of pediatrics and child development.
- Assisted in training new parents in infant care and safety.
- Developed a plan for parents who had been placed on a baby watch to be discharged from the hospital, which was implemented by an administrator.
- Monitored the work schedules of other employees to ensure that appropriate coverage was available during peak times.
- Facilitated an employee appreciation dinner; gained support from management and spearheaded successful planning and implementation.
To work as a Child Life Specialist, a bachelor’s degree is required. Some employers require a master’s degree. Child Life Specialists must demonstrate a firm understanding of child development, ability to comfort patients through traumatic experiences, empathy, compassion for families, case management skills, strong written and oral communication skills and ability to manage time effectively.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.