Banking Analysts are responsible for analyzing investment-banking transactions to offer investment guidance. Their main duties include preparing financial analysis and models to aid in investment decisions, identifying potential markets and market trends, conducting due diligence investigations of client companies, researching and making recommendations to the company, supporting the preparation of detailed memoranda and presentations, scouting potential buyers/investors and participating in marketing events for the company.
To work as Banking Analyst, you need a bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, finance or a related field. Banking Analysts must demonstrate ability to streamline functions, interpersonal skills, presentation skills, communication skills, strong financial modelling experience and ability to self-start.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Banking Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Banking Analyst resumes for your reference.
Banking Analyst Resume Sample 1
- Evaluated the advantages and disadvantages of proposed loan programs; organized data relating to customer loans.
- Scrutinized financial data supplied by customers for accuracy throughout the credit process.
- Restructured residential mortgage loans, utilizing underwriting software, to ensure that nearly 100% would qualify for sale on the secondary market.
- Increased profits through supervision of processing operations; recognized by Regional Manager for outstanding production records.
- Promoted as Loan Processor II following one year’s tenure in primary position, after processing 120+ files per month.
Banking Analyst Resume Sample 2
- Re-engineered business process leading to improved efficiencies in the processing of TARP loans.
- Established procedures for continual review of loan data, resulting in identifying errors not evident through automated reconciliations.
- Recognized by bank leadership for outstanding performance in supervision of financial reporting and preparedness; further recognized as one of four employees out of 900+ for this accomplishment.
- Spearheaded an initiative providing customers with electronic access to their account history and preferences; scheduled system implementation and met deadlines on time while expanding customer service initiatives across all channels.
- Provided analysis and input regarding proposed lines of credit; developed new reports on market trends competitor activity, resulting in increased bargaining power for the bank.
Banking Analyst Resume Sample 3
- Assessed and recommended new products and services.
- Developed a detailed system for tracking customer satisfaction levels by product/product line to ensure accurate and reliable feedback for business decision makers.
- Designed office procedures, such as lending guidelines, sales quotas, branch layouts, staffing models, and sales support tools.
- Trained Delaware employees on consumer loans; developed training manuals and materials; trained more than 50 associates.
- Determined the balance sheet impact of proposed mergers and acquisitions; ensured that all compliance regulations were followed in accordance with federal regulations through research and analysis of financial data.
Banking Analyst Resume Sample 4
- Identified areas where underwriting guidelines were more restrictive than requirements of the Federal Housing Authority. Analyzed market conditions and economic trends to determine impact upon bank loan production.
- Received Senatorial Citation for contributions in stabilizing low-income housing tax credit financing.
- Earned Presidential Commendation for achievements in facilitating international trade transactions between United States and Brazil.
- Achieved distinguished rating during performance review; cited for ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, learn quickly, handle pressure well, set priorities, work independently with authority, anticipate needs before they arise.
- Presented findings at community banking conference on market analysis techniques for commercial real estate lending; subsequently hired by local bank to implement and improve their market and economic analysis.
Banking Analyst Resume Sample 5
- Managed the technical aspects of all phases of complex financial transactions, including preparation of analysis to support pricing decisions.
- Authored several internal memos summarizing issues and recommendations concerning reporting requirements and procedures for new legislation.
- Fostered collaboration within team during stressful situations by demonstrating tactfulness, empathy, and respect while working on a cross-functional project with 7 other groups in an unofficial lead position.
- Achieved award for recommending best practices for new mobile technology used by loan officer associates; recognized as one of the top 12 professionals in their division two months later.
- Recognized three times for exemplary customer service and achievement leading up to promotion to supervisor.
Banking Analyst Resume Sample 6
- Managed over $100 million in assets and $35 million in loans.
- Initiated, managed, and reached budget goals for assigned departmental group; recognized as Top Performer by Branch Manager.
- Spearheaded new retail banking division resulting in increased annual profits by $10,000,000.00.
- Established reputation as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the community and industry through consistent contributions to online forums and professional organizations.
- Sentenced to death for stealing money from bank depositors… Okay maybe not but I’m sure you get my point! 😉
Banking Analyst Resume Sample 7
- Achieved the highest ranking of excellent on performance evaluation; recognized by senior management for outstanding contribution.
- Authored two white papers on financial services trends and industry-specific factors effecting customer profitability.
- Focused efforts on advancing quality initiatives to meet corporate goals; updated guidelines, trained staff, and successfully passed certification exams.
- Identified cost saving opportunities through analysis of fees charged by competitors’ accounts.
- Championed web application development program that was ranked number one in customer satisfaction surveys within the global network.
Banking Analyst Resume Sample 8
- Performed detailed financial analysis on investment properties.
- Tracked delinquencies throughout foreclosure proceedings to increase cash receipts.
- Initiated internal research project measuring the impact of foreclosures on surrounding home values.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and overseeing multiple monthly reports required by management staff.
- Monthly reporting responsibilities included compiling study results, creating PowerPoint presentations, cross-referencing spreadsheet data with property records, analyzing regression trends in market changes over time, and summarizing findings orally at monthly business meetings.
Banking Analyst Resume Sample 9
- Provided resources to branch managers regarding appropriate lending guidelines.
- Assisted in the preparation of reports for Bank of America’s government affairs department.
- Directly communicated with senior-level executives, including members of the executive management team, and Federal Reserve officials. Participate in conference calls discussing national monetary policy.
- Analyzed credit applications for loans exceeding $250,000; developed loan products targeting small businesses and individuals based on market research.
- Achieved sales goals for project involving sales floor remodeling by 2% over projected numbers. Worked with building services to ensure all business needs were met during construction process.
Banking Analyst Resume Sample 10
- Successfully handled loan processes for ten borrowers totaling $100 million.
- Established and conducted personal contacts with bank trustees to ensure compliance with treasury regulations.
- Assisted in managing foreign currency accounts, which included opening new accounts and monitoring activity on existing ones.
- Was first to detect a computer malfunction that caused an incorrect draft of a check issued from a trust account; saved the bank from significant loss.
- Authorized loans to real estate professionals after conducting accurate inspections of properties submitted as collateral.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Banking Analyst Resume Samples
- Banking Analyst Resume Sample 1
- Banking Analyst Resume Sample 2
- Banking Analyst Resume Sample 3
- Banking Analyst Resume Sample 4
- Banking Analyst Resume Sample 5
- Banking Analyst Resume Sample 6
- Banking Analyst Resume Sample 7
- Banking Analyst Resume Sample 8
- Banking Analyst Resume Sample 9
- Banking Analyst Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up