A Safety and Occupational Health Specialist collect and analyze data on work procedures and environments to ensure safe working conditions. Their duties include enforcing safety standards, educating workers on workplace safety, demonstrating safe equipment use, identifying environmental risks and potential dangers, implementing workplace procedures to prevent employees from hazardous conditions, and preparing written reports on findings and recommendations.
To work as a Safety and Occupational Health Specialist, you must have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a related technical field (and sometimes a Master’s degree in a specialized area such as Industrial Hygiene or Health Physics). Safety and Occupational Health specialists should demonstrate attention to detail, knowledge of technology, excellent communication skills, ability to enforce standards and regulations, experience with occupational safety management, and strong problem-solving skills.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Safety And Occupational Health Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Safety And Occupational Health Specialist resumes for your reference.
Safety And Occupational Health Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Worked as a Safety and Occupational Health Specialist for three years. Contributed to company’s safety program by leading team of engineers, technicians, scientists, physicians, etc., to examine the work environment at identified plants or sites.
- Prepared detailed reports that help management make decisions related to safety issues in the workplace.
- Provided consultation and conducted training for employees on safety procedures; improved safety awareness and implemented new procedures that enabled the company to avoid many lost-time injuries and illnesses.
- Developed a site-specific health and safety program for an Eastern European airport, including occupational hazard assessment, evaluation controls measures, etc.; trained all employees in use of equipment.
- Organized site-specific training for company employees to ensure compliance with government regulations and to meet requirements set forth by OSHA, ISNetworld, ISO standards, etc.; trained all employees in use of new equipment.
Safety And Occupational Health Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Monitored the work operations at over 500 sites for compliance with safety, health, and environmental laws; ensured that each plant met standards by studying records, reviewing tests, inspecting work areas.
- Advocated worker productivity through innovative training techniques which resulted in 25% increase in productivity.
- Reduced accident rates by 40% by developing company specific training plan.
- Introduced new safety programs which improved environmental awareness and reduced waste.
- Created health management program monitored by corporate HMO for over 100,000 employees.
Safety And Occupational Health Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Prevention of injuries for employees at large manufacturing plant, analyzed injury data to determine frequency and severity rates.
- Directed all phases of investigation ensuring OSHA compliance including interviews, record review, hazard assessment, and problem resolution.
- Specialized in ergonomic analysis of physical postures requiring a high degree of mental concentration or physical effort.
- Received excellence recognition from management team for initiating the development of company’s first safety manual specific to job duties/processes.
- Achievement recognized by National Safety Council as one among 75 nationwide out of 70,000 members for demonstrating expertise in occupational safety policies and procedures.
Safety And Occupational Health Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Directed the Occupational Medicine Program at a multi-site, five state facility.
- Performed over 100 field visits to investigate workplace exposures resulting in both medical surveillance and treatment of employees.
- Provided community outreach programs including environmental surveillance, assessment, risk communication, research coordination, and intervention with workers families affected by cancer clusters or occupational diseases.
- Developed Emergency Response Plan for 12 million residents within a potential nuclear detonation radius; recognized by National Security Council as one of only two experts in the country who meet NSC qualifications to develop response plans for catastrophic disasters.
- Oversaw four citywide inspections ranging from food manufacturing through inspection of childcare facilities assisted with the development of four citywide inspection protocols.
Safety And Occupational Health Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Deliver occupational health and wellness seminars, training courses, and presentations to employees of over twenty companies.
- Maintain a safety portfolio containing evaluations of 20 different business sites.
- Promoted as a subject matter expert in the area of ergonomics for recruitment purposes at new job.
- Improve compliance with OSHA standards through application of knowledge from related medical fields such as fire science.
- Recognize new potentials for employee growth by providing guidance on career development opportunities within company.
Safety And Occupational Health Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Participated in the development of a training program for new employees on occupational health concerns, rights and responsibilities.
- Investigated conditions that affect work safety and identified ways to prevent accidents from occurring.
- Promoted a cooperative relationship with management while representing employees’ interests when implementing company programs.
- Invented a safer way to trim trees near power lines by developing an automatic system for removing branches according to established standards.
- Employed sound judgment when formulating recommendations based on the outcome of accident investigations; effectively anticipated problems before they occur.
Safety And Occupational Health Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Enforced safety requirements for over 300 employees.
- Developed training programs on safe handling of hazardous materials and equipment to prevent injuries, illnesses, property damage, and pollution.
- Reduced number of safety incidents by 66% in three years; recognized by manager for outstanding performance.
- Eliminated need for safety inspections within the division through innovative applications of PPE (personal protection equipment).
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction rating after modifying process flowchart to decrease the number of accidents involving internal customers who had come into contact with blood borne pathogens.
Safety And Occupational Health Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Recognized for successfully leading a team that managed a record number of annual county-wide workplace safety and health inspections.
- Issued over 100 written warnings and more than 50 disciplinary action documents, after having conducted over 800 hours of training sessions to managers and employees.
- Resolved all complaints from the compliance administration on fire prevention programs, emergency response procedures, hazardous material handling, personal protective equipment, respiratory protection programs, noise exposure monitoring records, confined space entry permits.
- At the forefront in developing new standards for occupational health program during three years dedicated service with a prestigious international company.
- Initiated company-wide campaign focusing on the improvement of community relations through outreach activities that effectively educated over 1000 business professionals on the importance of safety, health and sustainability.
Safety And Occupational Health Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Aided the development of a comprehensive risk management program for a major international company.
- Contributed to numerous health and safety-related initiatives including hazard identification, mitigation, and prevention; implemented OHSAS 18001 compliance standard worldwide.
- Worked collaboratively with engineers and plant employees to reduce workplace accidents by 50% in less than two years.
- Assisted 10 different companies in injury reduction efforts resulting in $300k/year savings; calculated cost of injuries for each project totaling $650k.
- Developed extensive knowledge of OSHA regulations along with recognized authority on occupational safety issues; widely recognized as subject matter expert (SME) within the industry.
Safety And Occupational Health Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Set and monitor the standard for safety and occupational health within a 5,000+ employee global manufacturing company.
- Developed and implemented quarterly training seminars to promote chemical hygiene practices, safe working procedures, and chemical safety; trained over 200 employees.
- Redesigned processes to ensure efficient compliance with government regulations regarding management of hazardous materials inventory records, workers compensation claims files, MSDS files, use-of-force forms, medical record confidentiality forms.
- Promoted awareness of occupational hazards by developing an annual self-assessment questionnaire to include all job descriptions in order to identify potential injury hazards.
- Provided a safer work environment by drafting a comprehensive policy that standardized hazard communication guidelines for the company worldwide.
Safety And Occupational Health Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Implemented a comprehensive safety program in the laboratory, pharmacy, and central supply departments.
- Redesigned emergency action plan after identifying new safety hazards. Curbed accident rate by 15% within six months period.
- Presented at national conference on bloodborne pathogens after developing infection control guidelines for several medical departments.
- Trained 40 service workers to recognize safety hazard related injuries; reduced work-related illness by 20%.
- Prevented health care associated infections while providing education and support to patients and families during hospitalization for surgery or chemotherapy treatment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.