Freelance Fashion Designers are responsible for taking on independent design projects for a particular client. Their duties include creating concepts for new designs, sketching designs, developing seasonal trends, researching development, finishes and fabrics, and working with the production department to source sample garments.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freelance Fashion Designer resumes for your reference.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 1
- Awarded a scholarship from a prestigious culinary school to study the culinary arts in Europe.
- Demonstrated skills in culinary pursuits that were passed along to others who attended my cooking classes.
- Contributed recipes that were published in several leading magazines; received more than ten awards and certifications.
- Served as a spokesperson for national brands of food products, appeared on television and radio; recognized as an expert in the field of food and cooking.
- Created multimedia presentations that educated audiences about foods attributes as they related to regional differences, health concerns, and cultural influences.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 2
- Created and edited a food section in a weekly publication.
- Conducted research, wrote articles and prepared images to accompany features.
- Worked with professional writers, editors, and proofreaders to produce assignments; worked closely with the senior editor on projects assigned by the editor-in-chief to meet company deadlines.
- Compiled material useful for print media or weekly news reports.
- Advertised the company’s products through press releases, newspaper ads and coupons.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 3
- Performed professional tasks for the following organizations:
- Traveled around the nation writing material on regional food trends.
- Wrote op-ed pieces on current issues within the industry.
- Worked closely with food professionals to facilitate introductions and raise awareness of the client’s brand.
- Managed an editorial calendar to ensure follow-through and assignment completion.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 4
- Edited food articles that were syndicated in major publications.
- Thoughtfully crafted food reviews for each of the publications in which he was published.
- Wrote a series of articles about the design and architecture of Manhattan’s best restaurants.
- Developed a blog that showcased the best and worst in New York City’s food scene on any given day.
- Appeared regularly on numerous television and radio programs.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 5
- Established author presence in major food trade publications.
- Developed a national reputation for excellence through continuing education in food and beverage writing.
- Started invitation-only Facebook page, which reached over 17,000 people within two months.
- Won national award as “Best New Food Writer” from the Blog World Expo.
- Represented the company’s products at events around the country through tastings, contests and giveaways.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 6
- Reviewed product and restaurant menus to ensure accuracy.
- Considered guest’s preferences, likes, dislikes and allergies when creating menus.
- Increased sales by at least 10% by developing menu suggestions that harmonized with customers’ lifestyles.
- Created a monthly newsletter of food recipes.
- Conducted product demonstrations/product reviews to maintain product lines in the marketplace.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 7
- Compiled extensive recipes, tested and evaluated the success of new recipes.
- Posted reviews on food blogs, including The Baker’s Dozen and Foodies Anonymous.
- Provided tips on cooking to friends via Twitter and Facebook.
- Broke down significant recipe failures into manageable tasks.
- Developed business plans for food lines, with goals for sales and profits.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 8
- Wrote articles for magazines, websites and newspapers.
- Conducted interviews with top chefs and food industry professionals.
- Trained staff at a chain of restaurants on proper cooking techniques for Italian Food.
- Edited cookbooks for several award winning chefs.
- Shared insights into the “food world” with the public to increase awareness of the latest trends, products and services from around the world.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 9
- Developed and executed public relations campaigns to achieve specific marketing and promotional goals
- Developed strategies to keep food industry professionals updated on industry events and trends.
- Wrote press releases customized to each client’s needs.
- Assisted clients with proper press release etiquette as well as written media pitches.
- Created brochures, business cards and marketing collateral that were designed with professional graphic design guidelines.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 10
- Maintained a professional relationship with clients and prospective clients.
- Strengthened the image of my employer’s clients by promoting the most appropriate positioning of their products and services.
- Coordinated public relations programs, including press releases, social media, advertising campaigns and other marketing/promotional activities to help increase awareness of my employer’s clients.
- Received awards for creativity and outstanding performance for maintaining positive relationships with top executives at high-profile firms across the United States.
- Earned a reputation for providing customized communications strategies; developed effective press release strategies.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 11
- Wrote a weekly food column for a local newspaper.
- Wrote recipes that were sold to entrepreneur who specialized in creating recipe e-Cards.
- Acted as spokesperson for various food companies that provided products and services to contributors.
- Redesigned website that was viewed by more than one million visitors annually.
- Compiled annual cookbook (with technical support) for promotional purposes; profits from cookbooks were donated to charity in each year of its publication.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 12
- Acquired a reputation for writing engaging pieces that were published in various food-related magazines and newspapers.
- Authored a cookbook, which was published by a major publisher and sold over 15,000 copies.
- Offered food preparation tips on local television programs; gained recognition as an expert in the culinary arts.
- Provided nutritional information to clients who were interested in losing weight; helped them prepare healthy meals that were low in calories, fat and cholesterol.
- Gave lectures at major universities about how to address obesity through proper nutrition.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 13
- Designed and produced hats, bags, wallets, and other accessories for clients; landed freelance opportunity after working as a fashion model.
- Featured in New York Times newspaper article about budding designers; credited for outstanding portfolio of finished products.
- Performed best-in-show award at annual fashion convention; discussed my work in a lengthy interview with Vogue Magazine on its website.
- Collected multiple design awards based on innovative use of materials, textures, and print ads; showcased my work at Texas-based event for designers.
- Worked part-time as a designer while attending college full-time to gain invaluable experience in the field.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 14
- Launched a new business with a limited clientele and realized profit.
- Launched online fashion label; achieved an award from the Royal British Fashion Institute.
- Developed a line of T-shirts with a percentage of profits being donated to charity.
- Received feedback on closet that showed style identity and provided professional recommendations for future clients.
- Self-employed, five years in business; received endorsement as “trendsetter”.
Freelance Fashion Designer Resume Sample 15
- Stocked inventory and noted price changes in all departments (Textiles, Accessories, Fine Jewelry, and Footwear)
- Assessed the progress of all design orders accurately.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had contracted with me to create a fashion design.
- Recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance; met procedures regarding authenticity and disclosure of my work under licensing agreements.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to fashion design orders.
To work as a Freelance Fashion Designer you’ll need a degree in design and experience in the design field. Freelance Fashion Designers must demonstrate creativity, knowledge of the market, ability to work under pressure, strong hand and computer sketching skills, thriving in a fast paced environment, organization and high quality communication skills to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.