A Route Delivery Driver drives a company vehicle to deliver company products. Duties include delivering packages, picking up packages, keeping accurate records, accurately scanning packages, performing daily inspections of delivery vehicles, dealing with customer concerns, and communicating with the dispatcher.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Route Delivery Driver Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Route Delivery Driver resumes for your reference.
Route Delivery Driver Resume Sample 1
- Met the needs of senior citizens by delivering medications; earned award for being on time.
- Worked with little supervision and demonstrated initiative in making deliveries during inclement weather conditions.
- Supported the company’s commitment to community service by taking donated items to area shelters.
- Pioneered a competitive driving route that reduced fuel consumption in comparison with competitors’ routes.
- Proved to be a dependable, courteous, and conscientious driver; received recognition for delivering without fail even in bad weather conditions.
Route Delivery Driver Resume Sample 2
- Met 100% of delivery schedule without fail; consistently met customer satisfaction ratings.
- Earned award for running the best route in the Chicago area.
- Merited recognition as a Route Driver with Safe Driving Award of Distinction.
- Awarded Employee of the Month; participated in company-sponsored community events, such as blood drive, to support local charities.
- Put in extra effort to achieve outstanding service rating after realizing that customers were dissatisfied with unreturned phone calls and late deliveries.
Route Delivery Driver Resume Sample 3
- Adhered to safety policies and procedures; recognized by Regional Supervisor for meeting and exceeding Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) inspection guidelines.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer satisfaction with FedEx Express, PTL Division; met customer demands without compromising safety or quality of service.
- Recognized for going above and beyond the call of duty when aiding in the delivery of a priceless piece of art from Washington D.C. to New York City; received thanks from Art Institute of Chicago for delivering their most valuable piece to their gallery on time, as promised.
- Recognized by regional manager as an “Employee Inspiring Excellence”; earned award for meeting and exceeding customer satisfaction standards.
- Achieved award for exceptional service with FedEx Ground; maintained high quality of customer service while minimizing complaints.
Route Delivery Driver Resume Sample 4
- Exhibited a safe driving record, verified by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration compliance.
- Delivered all outbound shipments within 3 hours of pick up during busy season; recognized for exceptional performance by the Team Leader.
- Exhibited an exceptional safety record while handling hazardous materials as verified by the Department of Transportation; awarded “Safe Driver” award at the end of first year.
- Received recognition for improved customer service as evidenced by consistently high ratings on customer satisfaction surveys.
- Consistently acknowledged for customer focus and problem solving skills during direct customer contacts; received outstanding performance award for positive attitude and outstanding customer service skills.
Route Delivery Driver Resume Sample 5
- Delivered goods to the correct destination in a timely manner.
- Achieved award of the month for on-time performance; completed multiple deliveries within 40 minutes of daily schedule.
- Received award of year for outstanding customer service; received recognition by company’s Assistant General Manager for exhibiting high degree of initiative, initiative, and motivation in fulfilling duties.
- Achieved award for superior performance; demonstrated improvement in service levels during six months following 15 days as a temp driver.
- Recipient of Employee Excellence Award for dedication and commitment to company goals.
Route Delivery Driver Resume Sample 6
- Achieved 99% on-time delivery performance.
- Delivered on truckload and less-than-truckload shipments of industrial equipment, medical supplies and building materials across the Midwest.
- Responsible for loading, securing and transporting all cargo in a safe manner while achieving desired service levels, profit margins, safety regulations, and productivity goals.
- Met internal monthly delivery quota by 3%; provided feedback that led to streamlined routing of product through the warehouse resulting in an 18% increase in efficiency.
- Handled vehicle maintenance, including minor repairs; took preventative measures to ensure high level of vehicle reliability to decrease downtime costs for customers.
Route Delivery Driver Resume Sample 7
- Recruited, hired, trained and supervised a team of route drivers to ensure accuracy of delivery attempts and to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Successfully completed a weight lifting program in order to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Successfully completed a training course pertaining to the proper care and maintenance of utensils and safety equipment used in the course of delivery.
- Maintained excellent driving records while simultaneously earning outstanding customer service ratings from customers who had applied for a loan.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively assigned routes according to strict vehicle availability requirements while adhering closely to banks’ guidelines (as per actual mileage traveled during each routing).
Route Delivery Driver Resume Sample 8
- Drove a truck to transport merchandise to customers; met delivery time standards.
- Ensured prompt and thorough delivery of merchandise by following traffic laws, effectively using air horn and other alarms.
- Received a commendation for accident-free driving for over three years within a busy metropolitan area.
- Achieved recognition for outstanding performance; was instrumental in achieving inventory goals and in enhancing customer satisfaction scores.
- Received award from customers for accurate billing and delivering merchandise to their satisfaction.
Route Delivery Driver Resume Sample 9
- Received driving credentials from the state of Hawaii; achieved completion of driver’s education course and attained good driving record from one company.
- Billed a client for 8-10 deliveries within 45 days; received compliment of proficiency from Regional Manager for high reliability performance.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; recognized by the senior department manager for excellent customer service and superior performance.
- Achieved merit as a motor vehicle driver; effectively fulfilled deliveries while adhering to company’s guidelines regarding customer delivery requirements and safety procedures.
- Keys were hung on left side of truck following passenger seat lock.
Route Delivery Driver Resume Sample 10
- Handled requests for local deliveries by delivering packages within a reasonable time frame.
- Effectively completed deliveries in timely and efficient manner; received several company-wide awards for being the top driver.
- Maintained vehicle according to required specifications, resulting in efficiency and low maintenance costs.
- Provided services with positive attitude, which resulted in high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Receives several commendations for always going the extra mile to assist customers with their requests.
Route Delivery Driver Resume Sample 11
- Met and exceeded the sales quota while maintaining an exceptionally high rate of customer satisfaction; earned the Sales Representative Award.
- Awarded the Safety Achievement Award; never received a written warning in three years on the job.
- Competitive team member who participated in several marketing campaigns, including Mall-Meeting Madness, Holiday Gift-Wrapping Contest, and Win-a-Trip to Las Vegas; received second place in Marketing Campaign Winner Contest.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had requested package pick-up or delivery services.
Route Delivery Driver Resume Sample 12
- Increased my driving distance by 12% within first 60 days of employment; recognized for exceeding company’s expectations.
- Shifted from day-shift to night-shift in one (1) year while maintaining the same delivery average, which resulted in a greater number of deliveries each month.
- Reorganized the shipping department and tripled its efficiency; approved by upper management.
- Received commendation for following driver’s safety rules; effectively announced stops when backing vehicle up to ensure that no pedestrians were present in the vicinity of the truck.
- Received outstanding quality award; recognized for being an exceptional example for other employees, not only at work but in the community as well.
Route Delivery Driver Resume Sample 13
- Handled 300 pounds of freight daily; safely navigated employees through the various routes.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; trained to safely handle HazMat, Toxic load and dangerous materials.
- Earned appreciation as an active driver who followed company guidelines.
- Received outstanding quality award; successfully completed a proficiency test and received a ‘pass’ result on the test.
There are no minimum educational requirements for this job, but you must be 21 years of age. You must have these skills to do this job: be dependable, trustworthy, punctual, and good at customer service; be able to multi-task, have a clean driving record, have good communication skills, be a good listener, and have high attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.