A retail director manages the operations and functions of a store to maximize revenue. A retail director’s responsibilities include hiring staff, training staff, delegating tasks, making store budget, resolving customer issues, and recommending solutions to improve the function of the store.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Retail Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Retail Director resumes for your reference.
Retail Director Resume Sample 1
- Recruited, trained, and supervised approximately five retail salespersons.
- Increased sales by 18% – 15% per store per year.
- Developed three new retail salespersons, who achieved a 19% increase in retail sales per store.
- Nailed every retail sale in spite of the store’s “closed” sign with new product lines.
- Converted more than 50 stores to the ABC Retail System which increased profits dramatically.
Retail Director Resume Sample 2
- Achieved outstanding customer satisfaction ratings for the entire retail establishment.
- Contacted customer to resolve the problem with a delivery; pleased the customer and increased number of returning customers.
- Increased sales of home furnishings by implementing an effective online program.
- Transformed a small retail shop into a thriving business; increased revenue by $100,000 in double time.
- Created a new marketing program to promote products; earned an 8% increase above the previous year’s profits.
Retail Director Resume Sample 3
- Effectively supervised the operations of the retail division, including customer service, merchandising, and sales.
- Achieved exemplary results in increasing sales volume while decreasing inventory.
- Recognized for exceptional customer service; exceeded customer satisfaction goals by providing outstanding services to customers during stressful situations.
- Trained multiple employees in new technologies; coached employees regarding effective communication with customers.
- Empowered employees to establish their own goals and develop a customer perspective.
Retail Director Resume Sample 4
- Promoted to store manager of a metro store while managing an inventory of retail products exceeding $500,000.
- Redeveloped an underperforming souvenir section into a highly profitable and efficient operation with a 20 percent increase in sales.
- Increased sales of home decor goods by 40 percent; implemented merchandising strategies that reduced return rates and improved customer satisfaction.
- Reinforced employer’s policy on customer service skills through training sessions for all staff members; subsequently received a commendation for outstanding performance from the senior management team.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines; further rewarded with a management opportunity due to increased sales and profitability.
Retail Director Resume Sample 5
- Focused on the sales of the company’s products in a way that created excitement and made customers feel special.
- Achieved Superstar status as frequently as possible by personally walking the floor as well as conducting motivational sales calls to boost morale.
- Developed exceptional customer relationship skills through personal calls in addition to phone banking; won Golden Outstanding Coach award twice.
- Optimized store’s image through buying and display of high-quality stainless steel merchandise; organized weekly specials with partner stores.
- Recognized for making exceptional quality purchases which, in turn, allowed the company to achieve revenues above plan with profit profits more than 50% profit margins.
Retail Director Resume Sample 6
- Established a new store brand within a 6 to 12 month period.
- Directed and supervised a retail staff of 0-8 employees; planned and implemented employee recruitment, job training, and compensation.
- Developed the essential product line for the store based on customer feedback, sales projections, and market research.
- Performed all management duties from initial proposal to final closing of a project; recognized by management for exceeding production goals while adhering to design specifications.
- Earned award for exceeding sales goals in the departmental category of clothing; successfully developed new product lines according to craftsmanship guidelines with consideration given to purchase order guidelines.
Retail Director Resume Sample 7
- Developed and implemented a plan to increase store traffic, sales, and profit.
- Increased sales by more than 35 percent in less than 6 months. Created a successful tracking system to follow sales and employee performance.
- Received bonus for 20 percent increase in business over prior year; presented with the trophy for 1,000th customer greeting.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality improvement; developed program that instructed employees on critical aspects of retail store operations including greetings, eye contact, smile support, personal hobbies of customers to create conversation with customers resulting in increased sales and customer satisfaction.
- Received outstanding achievement award for exceeding goals; recognized by the owner for 25 percent increase in sales and number of repeat customers.
Retail Director Resume Sample 8
- Developed new departments by evaluating current areas of business and streamlining profit, commission, and customer service.
- Improved customer satisfaction and increase sales through the development of sales incentives.
- Developed a promotional plan that resulted in an increase in sales, net profits, and overall store performance while decreasing expenses.
- Achieved award for outstanding store performance.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to merchandise product line performance and conducted weekly inventories during the month of January.
Retail Director Resume Sample 9
- Created and implemented store goals based on earnings, customer loyalty, and employee performance.
- Directed personnel for store operational efficiency and prepared new stores for commencement of business.
- Developed procedures for financial control and reporting to upper management.
- Personally supported Independent Merchants’ Ass’n of Albuquerque sponsored class; furthering a positive image in the community.
- Hired individuals who possessed the leadership skills necessary to ensure success in retail establishments.
Retail Director Resume Sample 10
- Maintained profitability of various sales strategies for the retailing stores.
- Helped create products; a key factor in the company’s growth and expansion into new markets.
- Designed and presented advertising campaign to increase store gross sales; increased sales by over 25%.
- Promoted to buyer, evaluated and selected national vendors that met the needs of the business.
- Responsible for inventory; maintained and reduced in-store inventory.
Retail Director Resume Sample 11
- Set up, staffed, and managed the successful store for over 120K in sales and profitability.
- Managed store profitability by making improvements to store layout and design; maintaining proper lighting; re-training employees on customer service and gaining new business.
- Acquired new clients while building a strong base with existing customers; set up, staffed, and managed the successful store for over 120K in sales and profitability.
- Recognized by Regional Manager for outstanding performance and was awarded a bonus of $15K; interpreted trends in merchandise market demographics to make the right product selections.
- Received award for meeting store sales and customer satisfaction goals; was a key factor to the overall growth of store sales.
Retail Director Resume Sample 12
- Recruited and hired an exceptional staff resulting in increased sales.
- Worked with vendors and outside agencies to develop strategies to increase retail sales.
- Redesigned and renovated entire retail store resulting in increased sales of all products sold, especially the highest margin items; recognized as the fastest-growing division within the company.
- Pre-approved customer purchases which led to higher revenues; recognized by V.P. for increasing customer traffic in the high volume sectors of the store (Q1, Q2, and Q3).
- Kept customer lines moving quickly without decreasing sales or increasing the wait time.
Retail Director Resume Sample 13
- Increased sales levels by providing birthday, holiday, and “one-time” promotions at a profit margin of 30% over cost.
- Achieved success in increasing sales at a profit of 15% during the last quarter.
- Increased sales with a double order quantity during the corresponding increase in customer demand; presented the opportunity to produce new retail accounting software over the next two years.
- Recognized as Top Salesperson in the Store by district manager; successfully introduced new payroll system that increased round-the-clock productivity by 30%.
- Set inventory and sales goals that resulted in an increase of 10% over last year’s results.
To become a retail director, a bachelor’s degree in business administration is required, in addition to years of experience in the retail industry. A retail director must have excellent leadership skills, must have excellent communication skills, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent time management skills, must be adaptable, must be a problem-solver, and must be detail-oriented.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.