Funeral Assistants prepare all aspects of a funeral. Their duties include handling floral arrangements, setting up the facility with chairs and photos, preparing all related documents, preparing the casket for viewing according to regulations, completing basic office tasks, serving as an usher and driver, greeting families and meeting their needs, and running various errands.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Funeral Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Funeral Assistant resumes for your reference.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Accomplished policy compliance by assisting with patient pre-planning, scheduling appointments for service arrangements, and process payment of funeral expenses.
- Recognized for extraordinary service by achieving an understanding of hospital procedures and compliance with policies, attending to the needs of visitors, and offering courtesy to patients’ families.
- Achieved award for time management; effectively communicated status reports relating to patient conditions and treatment schedules.
- Earned award for exceptional customer service; effectively offered guidance regarding end-of-life decisions while supporting family members through difficult times.
- Achieved award for creating patient comfort; effectively supported patients and their family members through difficult times.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Motivated team to achieve operational excellence; motivated team to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Leveraged her technical proficiency in mortuary science to improve the efficiency and profitability of the facility.
- Developed an online survey application (SCRIP) for employees of the funeral home to assist with employee evaluation; ensured all assessments were completed.
- Initiated and supervised the preparation of temporary road closures for emergency vehicles.
- Achieved senior-level mentoring with her supervisor, specialists in their industry.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Performed funeral services at numerous funerals, memorial services, and wakes.
- Possessed outstanding skills in time management skills; utilized appropriate tools for efficiency in locating the deceased source’s family members to provide the funeral service with the utmost respect.
- Participated in preparing and setting up caskets; learned proper embalming technique for eliminating odor in caskets.
- Complemented any necessary funeral merchandise.
- Saved lives in assisting in medical situations; demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills with handling these situations professionally.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Recognized for providing compassionate service to the community of East Palermo.
- Presented with the Outstanding Employee Award for time spent in community outreach programs.
- Selected to represent Funeral Director’s Association at Mental Health Summit; presented “Mental Health Care in the Workplace” to Mental Health America.
- Recognized by the employer with a $1,000 cash reward for outstanding results in customer service surveys.
- Promoted to Career Development Specialist; successfully coordinated training sessions on customer service and telephone skills in conjunction with Human Resources Department for a full staff of twenty-two Funeral Assistants.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Played an integral role in the coordination of services related to the death of a high-profile individual.
- Executed all tasks associated with funeral arrangements for six families in a single week with no errors.
- Provided exceptional service to clients who were suffering from severe grief.
- Developed positive relationships with families suffering from severe grief.
- Developed skills in providing dignified, prayerful cremation services in a timely manner.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Provided compassionate and spiritual support for families as they made difficult decisions.
- Assisted families in selecting appropriate memorial items from an extensive selection.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service; exceeding customers’ expectations with timely processing of paperwork and coordinating visitation.
- Received a quality award for receiving a 5-star rating from all customers who had visited the funeral home over a six-month period.
- Managed personnel according to training guidelines, efficiently scheduling personnel assignments and supervising personnel performance.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Provided care to the family at all hours of the day, including weekends.
- Resolved customer complaints effectively.
- Achieved award for the number of rooms cleaned in a timely manner.
- Received outstanding quality award; constantly maintained high standards for delivering quality customer service to guests, honored by management and guests alike.
- Achieved award for exceptional customer service; recognized by guests as an exemplar of strong customer service, honored by management and guests alike.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Exhibits exceptional credibility in the handling of funeral services; helped families mourn their loved ones with dignity and grace.
- Coordinated funerals in a compassionate and efficient manner; handled administrative duties in an organized fashion.
- Managed funeral service programs in a caring and professional way; worked with families to assist them during their time of need.
- Earned recognition for exceptional professionalism when dealing with the bereaved; assisted families in celebrating their loved ones’ lives.
- Maintained positive relationships with funeral directors by answering all telephone calls promptly and describing the services provided by the company using phrases such as “our family cares about yours.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Assisted in processing paperwork, prepping caskets, and staging the scene.
- Adjusted personal time schedules to accommodate funeral hours.
- Appropriately communicated with family members.
- Created a positive atmosphere by maintaining a constant smile and being optimistic.
- Learned from previous funeral experiences and continued learning from mistakes, creating a positive environment for the families of the deceased.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Provided exceptional services during visitation and memorial services for families who experienced the death of a loved one.
- Extensive knowledge of funeral protocols and procedures; provided support to hospital staff during physical examinations, autopsies, and funerals.
- Assisted in coordinating interment services with funeral directors; ensured deceased were given proper burial rights per family’s requests.
- Provided exceptional customer service by effectively assisting patients’ families with preparing paperwork for reimbursement or payment.
- Promoted to the rank of Lead Funeral Assistant after displaying organizational skills by effectively scheduling cases, keeping records updated, and communicating with hospital staff regarding families’ needs.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Helped professionals and families make funeral arrangements for 20+ families within 72 hours.
- Compiled and filed death certificates; verified credentials; notified the Social Security Administration on the deceased’s account and account number.
- Resolved issues concerning personal effects and procedure of cremation; attended funeral services and cashiers.
- Opened files, filed invoices, and filled out burial permits; served as the main point of contact for families that had questions regarding final arrangements.
- Created correspondence to hospice patients’ relatives about their loved one’s death; answered questions regarding cremation, viewing permits, burial information, etc.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Gathered information from family members of deceased individuals to compile a personalized memorial tribute.
- Terminated cable television services on behalf of the funeral home.
- Handwrote entry in records related to the casket and urn for cremation.
- Performed the duties of a mortuary aid by cleaning and stocking the funeral home following the close of business at night.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance; maintained cemetery ground maintenance while assisting in the coordination of funeral services.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Greeted visiting guests according to the funeral home’s guidelines; confirmed any special requests for services.
- Maintained files of deceased clients; created custom folders using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Arranged for flowers, obituaries, and service items; located online sources for grave markers.
- Inspected caskets; checked that caskets were clean and arranged linens according to family preferences.
- Contacted families of deceased clients to collect payment information; prepared an invoice detailing services offered.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Consistently up-to-date with local, state, and federal regulations; attended all required training sessions for each of the four continuing education courses.
- Submitted a research paper for publication in the national Funeral Service Journal; earned special recognition from the President of the American Institute of Funeral Service.
- Volunteered for the cause of Arthritis Foundation; handled bereavement counseling and conducted memorial services for families in crisis.
- Received award of appreciation from veterans’ organization and Post Commanders and Commanding Officer at Ft. Knox (Ky.) (major installation), military base/post community for service rendered at dedication service held in Memorial Gardens, Ft. Knox, Ky.
- Served as a mentor to 10th, 11th, and 12th-grade students at the local high school.
Funeral Assistant Resume Sample 15
- Maintained a clean and orderly facility while preparing the deceased for visitation.
- Added a new task to the funeral director’s responsibilities by assisting with cremation.
- Educated the facility staff on the procedures of cremating human remains, scheduled all necessary visits from caretakers, and coordinated a proper presentation of the deceased for viewing.
- Maintained a clean and orderly facility while preparing for a funeral service.
- Assisted in scheduling casket-ordering appointments; organized all pertinent paperwork.
To work as a Funeral Assistant you must have a high school diploma or GED, and you may need an Associate’s degree in Funeral Service or Mortuary Science. You must be detail-oriented, outcome-oriented, reliable, interpersonal, flexible to changing work environments, and show teamwork, composure during stress, and the ability to meet deadlines.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.