A Release Manager is responsible for the release life cycle and coordinating various aspects of production into one integrated solution. Their duties include working with development teams and system administrators, releasing software application updates, collecting and providing feedback, directing efforts of release and developed management standards, and defining roll-out and ongoing project management for professional provided services.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Release Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Release Manager resumes for your reference.
Release Manager Resume Sample 1
- Communicated with all levels of management, technical staff, customers, software vendors, and hardware manufacturers to develop product. Gathered requirements from stakeholders for new products by researching capabilities at trade shows and attending user groups meetings.
- Met productivity goals through the production of manuals, help files, release notes, FAQs, and marketing materials to assist users.
- Ensured compliance to company standards during the quality assurance process by project managing testing efforts. Outlined test plans based on business goals for effectiveness in meeting objectives.
- Tripled assigned budget after developing strategy for distributing preferred server subscriptions; recognized as a candidate for promotion as division manager.
- Managed multiple projects simultaneously; effectively assisted in the coordination of global resources, resulting in successful releases.
Release Manager Resume Sample 2
- Increased software development team productivity by 24% (525 hours) compared to the previous year, resulting in an annual cash cost avoidance of $250,000.
- Provided direction for programming department across six geographically dispersed teams.
- Implemented milestone tracking process resulting in increased confidence that milestone objectives would be achieved on time; recognized by project sponsor as key contributor.
- Led four-person team responsible for scanning and indexing all documents related to Microsoft’s flagship products Visual Studio and MSDN Library.
- Contributed ideas to corporate strategic planning sessions through creative problem solving techniques which improved business outcomes.
Release Manager Resume Sample 3
- Developed and executed release schedule for three different products.
- Defined, designed, and implemented procedures to effectively bring new releases into production environment.
- Acted as the lead escalation negotiator for several customer escalations; build strong relationships with development teams and management by proactively providing solutions that were in best interest of company and customer satisfaction.
- Identified and corrected performance issues that directly impacted end user productivity; empowered team members through training to make sound decisions supported by facts.
- Introduced innovative technical solutions to enhance process efficiency; mentored team member improve their software development skillset by 300%, resulting in increased impact on overall project initiatives.
Release Manager Resume Sample 4
- Freelance writer with experience in writing for various topics.
- Managed the installation release process, including development of test scripts and training project staff in preparation for software installation testing.
- Detected critical defects, which negatively impacted system performance, by developing automated test cases to be executed automatically on a nightly basis.
- Evaluated new technologies, identified business opportunities through market research, and developed product proposals to facilitate future roadmaps .
- Led an effective team of 35 engineers after proving capability for increasing group cohesiveness by introducing fun activities during monthly outings while minimizing turnover rate during 2 years leading up to company’s acquisition.
Release Manager Resume Sample 5
- Trained and mentored program staff on new software, methods, and procedures.
- Re-engineered department project management workflow with an enterprise resource planning system that reduced record turnaround time from 72 hours to 1 minute.
- Resolved customer issues by updating programming code before products were released for sale.
- Managed documentation development of all company release notes and programmer reference guides; prepared items for publication.
- Implemented bug-tracking database and autogenerated product defects reports so developers could track and fix bugs before they were released to clients.
Release Manager Resume Sample 6
- Spear-headed transition from legacy system using Waterfall to Agile methodology.
- Improved release reliability by 26% through efficient troubleshooting and restoration of data from test environments.
- Achieved monthly release goals by improving team velocity, increasing focus on unit tests, and reducing technical debt.
- Faithfully executed company’s record retention policy for four years resulting in zero Federal Trade Commission complaints or security breaches.
- Contributed numerous ideas to improve process flow within the department which saved time and resources while exceeding productivity targets. In addition, proposed changes that improved responsiveness to customer needs.
Release Manager Resume Sample 7
- Designed error reporting, diagnostic, and logging strategy for all Microsoft Windows applications.
- Authored SUS (Software Update Services) white paper for the IT professional community.
- Implemented EAP (Employee Assistance Program) to increase employee wellness awareness and reduce unplanned attrition rates.
- Initiated release management process that combined VSTS(Visual Studio Team Services) web-based access with TFS (Team Foundation Server). This streamlined several manual processes to save time and resources while improving product quality by introducing automated quality gates at each step of the release cycle.
- Evaluated requirements engineering efforts; simulated production; showed where bugs can occur; recommended solutions; presented results at quarterly release meeting.
Release Manager Resume Sample 8
- Demonstrated leadership in creating and implementing modified automated build system to support product release methodology.
- Introduced new, enhanced ways of cross-platform logging techniques by restructuring compilation process; recognized by Senior Developers.
- Optimized software releases for several media titles, leading to an average savings of $12,000 across the board.
- Achieved results without sacrificing quality or excitement through carefully structured testing phases; top rated performance resulted in the company’s recognition at the 2009 Quality Awards Ceremony.
- Managed projects that contributed significantly to improving code quality and testability while completing multiple game launches on time and within budget.
Release Manager Resume Sample 9
- Met with senior management and business area representatives to discuss project requirements and update on status.
- Created multiple schedules for milestone project deliveries; organized resources and helped the team meet deadlines.
- Implemented configuration management process by writing policies, creating checklists, performing audits, and developing training materials.
- Tracked requirements during design phase in work breakdown structure that was used as a basis for change control system documentation.
- Gained extensive experience improving efficiency of software build processes through utilization of different build tools such as Ant, Maven, NAnt, CruiseControl .NET and Hudson/Jenkins.
Release Manager Resume Sample 10
- Acted as mediator between quality assurance personnel and management personnel, making recommendations to improve work flow.
- Reviewed software requirements documents for functional specifications; revised documents to ensure accuracy by application developers.
- Administered AIX/LINUX computer system; guaranteed proper backups of databases were performed daily.
- Managed international lab technicians in all aspects of the release process including development, test, and finalization phases.
- Performed code reviews to ensure development teams met criteria for code quality before it was merged into the mainline branch.
Release Manager Resume Sample 11
- Improved processes for product release to meet new business requirements.
- Managed daily builds for all branches in one of the most successful releases ever executed.
- Co-directed the development of a Quality Assurance framework that ultimately increased code coverage, developer productivity, and quality.
- Introduced more frequent test suites with the goal of improving regression test time by 50%.
- Systematized end-to-end continuous integration workflow to ensure high software quality with 100% passing tests coverage.
To work as a release manager, you need a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field. A Release Manager must have at least 2 years’ experience, a solid understanding of project management, 8 years experience in information systems operations, advanced knowledge of software development, the ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams, have advanced communication skills, and general knowledge of PC’s.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.