Radio Announcers deliver news and entertainment through broadcasting. Their duties include providing newscasts, sharing playlists of music, informing listeners of local weather and traffic conditions, providing news in sports, writing reviews and public service announcements, operating the control board for studios and ensuring program times are met.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Radio Announcer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Radio Announcer resumes for your reference.
Radio Announcer Resume Sample 1
- Won a contest and received the media prize; wrote and submitted blog posts to an editorial website with expert knowledge on current events.
- Launched a weekly radio segment as a marketing guru; wrote marketing articles as well as the weekly planning schedule for content, contests, and social media promotion.
- Interviewed with radio station owners; presented multiple marketing plans that utilized radio to spread the word about our products and services.
- Received letter of appreciation from My Favorite Band and added their song and upcoming tour dates to our website and Facebook page.
- Designed a unique web interface for our media partner’s website.
Radio Announcer Resume Sample 2
- Spearheaded the creation of the first FM radio station in our region; increased advertising revenues by 200% during its first year of operation.
- Coordinated the selection of programs and music for our station, which provided entertainment for local citizens, area businesses, and tourists.
- Increased listener ratings 1/3 above its closest competitor by airing news items that were relevant to the region’s audience.
- Revamped evening news program with an emphasis on active lifestyles, attracting sponsors & increasing ratings.
- Organized and taught a public relations class for local area students; responsible for the public relations program, hired professional publicity consultant.
Radio Announcer Resume Sample 3
- Hosted the most-listened-to-talk show on local radio.
- Received top honors for exceptional broadcast performance; recognized by the Director of Broadcast Operations for outstanding creativity, knowledge, and professionalism.
- Promoted to host the highest-rated show in the state; increased by over 9% the number of listeners.
- Earned recognition as a Radio Star; consistently attained top ratings based on Arbitron rankings.
- Hired to host international broadcast of a baseball game; recognized by Sky Sports, United Kingdom, for exceptional ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people in regards to sports broadcasting.
Radio Announcer Resume Sample 4
- Adeptly handled all types of programming, including specialized segments geared toward specialized audience demographics.
- Charted the preliminary format for the new network, integrating programs with various formats to enhance audience appeal.
- Conducted research to update the company’s media library; efficiently retrieved accurate information for executives.
- Charted new trends in ratings based on regional and national audience research; determined how to effectively recalibrate marketing campaigns in order to meet audience needs.
- Initiated a training workshop for new employees to properly execute job functions utilizing state-of-the-art equipment.
Radio Announcer Resume Sample 5
- Was an integral part of the pre-recorded radio announcements for weekly section meetings.
- Recited text of news releases using dictionaries, encyclopedias, and handbooks.
- Achieved outstanding ratings in all sections of four companies, including ABC Radio Network, Innovative Broadcasting Networks, iHeartMedia, Reach Broadcasting.
- Received superior rating in Section “X” that broadcasts to the entire South Texas market.
- Competed in the regional competition in the area of sports/entertainment broadcasting for “Best Sports Announcer.
Radio Announcer Resume Sample 6
- Achieved excellence as a reader of scripts and a writer for radio, television, and documentaries.
- Maintained a weekly radio program to a positive rating of 4.8/5 stars on iTunes; performed live at the People’s Choice Awards twice.
- Received outstanding quality award; performed comedy routines with 15 seconds worth of props, incorporated audience interaction into a routine to enhance timing, and used skillful persuasion to inspire listeners to donate money for charity or buy an item from the charity’s website.
- Received outstanding quality award; worked with an editor to write, revise, improve, and edit scripts for CBS television news documentaries.
- Received outstanding quality award; worked as a radio announcer on the radio station’s morning show.
Radio Announcer Resume Sample 7
- Announced and executed special events such as the Super Bowl, the Academy Awards, and American Idol.
- Recruited contestants for wiffleball games to benefit local charities.
- Researched various sports statistics and announcers to produce entertaining promos.
- Produced the weekly “Cattitude” segment on KELLY FM’s “Kissin’ Country” show; developed a witty and entertaining take on country music and entertainment news.
- Interviewed clients who bought Heely’s Shoes.
Radio Announcer Resume Sample 8
- Recognized for providing a high level of professionalism in announcing the evening news.
- Earned praise from superiors for writing, voicing, and producing a PSA that was broadcast across the city.
- Adhered to strict deadlines when working on multiple projects simultaneously; recognized by supervisors for meeting deadlines while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Awarded Employee of the Quarter; recognized by employees as someone who is laid-back yet performs above expectations under pressure.
- Received certificate of appreciation; acknowledged by superiors for contributing to the improvement of departmental operations.
Radio Announcer Resume Sample 9
- Interviewed heads of major corporations, politicians, and movie producers to gain insights into their processes for producing/directing/marketing their projects.
- Organized the entire media room for our company’s trade conference; prepared presentation materials, conference kits, and public relations kit for conference speakers.
- Selected music for live performances at our company’s trade show booth; developed a script describing the function of our new product line.
- Arranged interviews with state-wide candidates at my company’s annual fundraiser; selected reporters who covered elections in key states that had large populations.
- Managed the live performances of celebrities and musicians at our company’s annual celebrity gala; developed effective Q&A guidelines.
Radio Announcer Resume Sample 10
- Handled on-air responsibilities while broadcasting twelve hours during the day; ensured smooth, seamless transitions between programs.
- Managed interactions with on-air guests while keeping show topics on target.
- Edited feature stories for our news documentary.
- Performed live broadcasts of breaking stories at the scene of accidents, political rallies, parades, etc.
- Supervised off-site locations for camera crew at newsworthy events.
Radio Announcer Resume Sample 11
- Provided radio audience with information about current happenings in the community.
- Enhanced audience knowledge of local businesses through community calendar segments.
- Provided radio audience with an opportunity to learn about topics related to health, social security, environmental concerns, and world affairs.
- Achieved award for outstanding scriptwriting; wrote the script for annual spring telethon that raised $100,000 for local children’s hospital.
- Received award for superior voicing skills; received recognition for ability to remember long-winded scripts while adhering to strict time constraints.
Radio Announcer Resume Sample 12
- Helped establish and maintain a presence for a local band.
- Helped form and manage an all-female dance group that has won several awards and represented the company at school shows.
- Created and produced a weekly news program, writing and editing the scripts and managing expectations of interns and co-workers.
- Produced news segments five days a week by coordinating with sports directors, station managers, interns, DJs, anchors, etc. Received positive comments for professionalism in news coverage of high school sports events.
- Expertly ran the sound system during the 2006 Holiday Concert with over 9 bands on ten separate stages with four different formats simultaneously.
Radio Announcer Resume Sample 13
- Demonstrated the ability to balance and organize multiple responsibilities through organization and prioritization.
- Proactively participated in meeting deadlines at all levels, completing projects and tasks on time.
- Adhere to established broadcasting ethics while treating customers, other employees, and media outlets with respect. Report assignment to supervisor when threatened by other employees.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional organizational system that was developed from interviews with media executives across the United States to keep up-to-date on current news issues while maintaining a collaborative daily working relationship with peers.
- Demonstrated strong verbal skills while communicating effectively with different audiences in a professional manner both via phone and in person.
Radio Announcer Resume Sample 14
- Produced three-way intercom links as a part of a radio station promotion; effectively kept the dialogue flowing.
- Hosted a radio program for two hours each morning; consistently engaged listeners by interviewing guest speakers and highlighting local talent.
- Executed live broadcasts of charity events and auctions; effectively announced and scheduled all scheduled events and performers.
- Ran soundboard during live broadcasts; ensured that sound was properly mixed and tuned in accordance with FCC standards for broadcasting.
- Volunteered at community-run stations; contacted sponsors to help fundraise for the purchase of donated computers.
To work as a Radio Announcer, many positions require a bachelor’s degree while some accept experience in place of education. Radio Announcers must demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills, strong organization, effective time management, ability to be socially informed, be charismatic, proficienct in media production and have excellent pronunciation.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Radio Announcer Resume Samples
- Radio Announcer Resume Sample 1
- Radio Announcer Resume Sample 2
- Radio Announcer Resume Sample 3
- Radio Announcer Resume Sample 4
- Radio Announcer Resume Sample 5
- Radio Announcer Resume Sample 6
- Radio Announcer Resume Sample 7
- Radio Announcer Resume Sample 8
- Radio Announcer Resume Sample 9
- Radio Announcer Resume Sample 10
- Radio Announcer Resume Sample 11
- Radio Announcer Resume Sample 12
- Radio Announcer Resume Sample 13
- Radio Announcer Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up