A quality manager is responsible for ensuring that products are manufactured properly. Duties include planning and organizing employees, completing inspections, maintaining records, preventing problems, and examining finished products. The top skills for this position are customer service, problem-solving, mathematics, decision-making, and computer technology. A bachelor’s degree is required for this position, along with knowledge of business management, industrial equipment maintenance, and computer technology.
The Best Quality Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Quality Manager resumes for your reference.
- Document and maintain the QMS, and the development of Quality Procedures and their subsequent revisions.
- Ensure that the processes needed for FPC’s QMS are established, implemented, and maintained.
- Perform scheduled audits of the QMS as implemented within the organization and report results to FPC’s President & Management Team.
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS to Management and any need for improvement.
- Cross-trained and supported the quality of manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for ensuring that quality standards are defined and followed by internal and external organizations.
- Serves as the Management Representative for the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Responsible for Tracking/Reporting Quality Metrics (KPIs), trending, and implementing process improvements based on data analysis.
- Responsible for ensuring that quality standards are defined and followed to meet the highest degree of satisfaction by our customer base.
- Reviewed, corrected, and resolved manufacturing defects to ensure product quality.
- Quality Manager for an electrical systems integration business supporting multiple US-based facilities.
- Developed and Implemented policies, SOPs, document control, and training for the company.
- Implemented a formal production and quality gate system that helped reduce defects by 16% in 2016.
- Managed the accuracy of measuring devices according to specifications.
- Secured orders for additional measuring equipment in a timely manner.
- Designed and implemented inspection AQL standards for incoming materials and components.
- Created a defective product return evaluation and analysis process for Class I and II medical devices.
- Developed and implemented the supplier evaluation and performance assessment process.
- Conducted ISO 13485 and FDA training for process owners and internal auditors.
- Trained an employee to perform all new equipment installations including troubleshooting and calibrating machines, such as die grinders, lathes, threaders, etc.
- Active role in project management relative to engineering, operations, and qualityâ€” each project cost averaged $15 million.
- Proactively launched a safety action item list to prevent injuries in the Quality department.
- Implemented ISO9001:2008 and Caterpillar Quality Management System (CQMS) in a new facility (170 employees).
- Reduced defects to a level below the industry standard.
- Initiated an informal Quality Improvement Team that reduced line time by over ten minutes per cycle.
- Establishing, implementing, and maintaining the quality management system.
- Participates in regularly scheduled production meetings and provides input on the cost of quality.
- Reviews quality trends and leads efforts in the development and implementation of defect-reduction programs through root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions, including verification of the effectiveness of actions.
- Responsible for holding weekly corrective action meetings and reporting progress to the management team. Maintains IQMS CAR system up to date and accurate.
- Orchestrated solutions to prevent defective products from reaching customers.
- Assist with developing HSE plans that comply with Company policies and procedures as well as client requirements.
- Ensure training, toolbox meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s offshore training and HSE program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc.
- Investigate and complete the process for closeout of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit lessons learned to the Regional HSE Manager for promulgation to the management.
- Cultivated and supervised a team of professional quality engineers; trained others in Quality Control and Inspection techniques.
- Supervised a team of quality engineers, creating a Quality Management System with the intent of reducing defects to a level below the industry standard.
- Continuously assess and review the effectiveness of the Quality Management System and Safety program and take the necessary actions to ensure compliance with the Specified requirements where required.
- Assessing the product specifications of the company and its suppliers, and comparing them with customer requirements.
- Monitoring and tracking of project Action Items, NCR, CAR, PAR, MOC, Contingency planning, Risk Assessment, Management review, and supplier assessment.
- Responded to the toughest customer problems for seven years.
- Achieved record-setting production levels for three consecutive years by encouraging, educating, and motivating employees.
- Recorded and investigated nonconformances for the root cause, then created new procedures, updated work instructions, and/or training as needed through CAPA.
- Performed ISO9001:2015 Internal Audits of processes to related ISO clauses, procedures, forms, WI, labels, etc.
- Conducted management review meetings with a review of NCR, SNCR, CAPA, Internal Audit results, risk, and opportunity assessment, and customer feedback questionnaire results.
- Recognized as a leader in problem-solving and continuous improvement.
- Recovered $100K per year in avoided scrap and rework using statistical process control techniques.
- Extensive use of Value Stream Mapping (VSM) to reduce cycle time.
- Developed VB software, and product index so that Sales Associates could quickly find the parts a customer needs.
- Developed WAN-based VB software for multiple facility change approvals using network user names as security.
- Developed Cost of the Quality system used in Pareto analysis of top 5 defects to focus improvement efforts.
- Presented procedures at state-of-the-art seminars on six occasions in front of colleagues and peers.
- Review products, processes, and systems on an ongoing basis to determine where improvements can be made.
- Direct involvement in the product manufacturing process to ensure quality.
- Actively participate in production meetings with the manufacturing team.
- Determine and identify risks and opportunities relating to the Quality management system.
- Maintained quality and safety standards by implementing systems that ensured quality control and safety of products being manufactured.
- Established a document control system and procedures for maintaining laboratory documents.
- Applied a process control program that increases early detection capabilities and reduces waste.
- Developed and implemented a quality management and safety program.
- Created a module-based training program to reduce the necessity of personnel retraining and the incidence of errors.
- Enforced process improvement plans in conjunction with regular audits.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.