Salon receptionists are the first point of contact with the salon’s customers. Their duties include greeting customers upon entry and showing them to their beautician, scheduling and confirming appointments by phone, text, or email, processing cash or credit card transactions, ordering supplies, updating client records, managing the phones, and assisting the beauticians when necessary.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Salon Receptionist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Salon Receptionist resumes for your reference.
Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 1
- Kept schedules, dealt with customers, and took phone messages to the fullest extent of my capabilities.
- Received excellent customer testimonials; displayed positive attitude and good posture.
- Gave up free time to attend a company class on interior design and helped develop new styles for the salon.
- Created a new ‘unique’ style for our salon to use; brought the vision into reality in a very minimal time frame.
- Promoted personal interest by inviting my family members out for lunch during an audition at an area restaurant.
Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 2
- Handled multi-task responsibilities as a receptionist at full staff salon, during which she was responsible for scheduling new clients, ordering product supplies and products, maintaining books, answering phone calls and taking messages, creating expense reports and records.
- Answering phones from 10:00 am to 7:00pm; promoting exclusive sales lines; entering information into computer for accounting records.
- Adhered to the schedule of previous stylists performing their duties at the same time providing customers with their services on time.
- Organized appointments to accommodate each customer’s schedule; kept files organized by type of service needed.
- Assisted customers with choosing proper hairstyle; provided customer with appropriate products.
Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 3
- Responsible for sales and professionalism in the salon.
- Responsible for sales, professionalism, and customer service.
- Answered phone calls; answered customers’ questions; processed orders as well as matched new clients with clients.
- Cross-trained in hair cutting while taking care of the clients’ needs by providing tips on how to maintain their hairstyle.
- Retained her position after being promoted to Manager after a year because of exceptional management skills, leadership qualities, and commitment to excellence.
Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 4
- Appeared dedicated, energetic, and enthusiastic in all aspects to meet and exceed customer expectations; handled as many as twenty appointments at one time.
- Achieved a dual sales/client servicing award for outstanding work in retail sales.
- Maintained regular communication with clients by phone, email, and computer; established trust by asking for feedback about experiences prior to each appointment.
- Within one year of employment, completely remodeled the entire salon from carpeted floors to tile floors, from light fixtures to counter tops.
- Received outstanding quality award; exceeded personal goals for income.
Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 5
- Consistently handled customer complaints, keeping waiting and total store times within the target time limits.
- Received employee of the month award for attendance and work quality; delivered timely services to multiple customers per day utilizing efficient methods.
- Performed a winning service attitude while demonstrating business-minded leadership qualities through exemplary customer service.
- Independently assigned skills & duties to support management’s operating requirements while incorporating personal interests and talents, such as creativity, into job responsibilities.
- Completed on time delivery of 80% of all tasks requested under supervision, demonstrated ability to multitask with proficiency and effectiveness, and gained Superstar status in salons operations.
Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 6
- Chaired meetings for clientele and vendors with a friendly personality and high energy level.
- Founded more than 100 beauty tips/tricks/and article ideas by interviewing staff, clients, and competitors.
- Reliably scheduled appointments using advance technology to promote customer satisfaction.
- Recruited a team of over 100 people while maintaining positive contact with each one; the majority of those interviewed accepted the position even without compensation.
- Managed extensive telephone calls during peak hours with efficiency; delivered detailed messages to personnel in a timely manner, resulting in increased productivity and happiness among employees.
Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 7
- Assisted customers with styling, color and cut choices for new hair styles, applied hair products, provided facials and massages.
- Trainee of a multi-county area salon team of professional stylists. Continued to provide exceptional customer service.
- Continued to train as a stylist while simultaneously promoting the salon’s core values as an extension of its staff members’ lives.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal skills in handling requests and other requests for assistance from patrons who wanted to schedule an appointment or individuals who needed an additional lesson in their class schedules, while also making sure all customer needs were met promptly and professionally.
- Received a letter of thanks for outstanding customer service by the salon’s owner.
Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 8
- Performed clerical duties including: scheduling appointments, answering phones, running credit and background checks, filing reports, ordering supplies.
- Achieved rate of one hundred percent on customer satisfaction assessment survey.
- Gathered salon client feedback and encouraged weekly staff meetings to enhance progressive group morale.
- Achieved outstanding quality rating in areas of responsibility and compliance.
- Completed two nominations for outstanding performance awards; presented two awards to staff in recognition of exceptional responses to customer needs.
Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 9
- Effectively scheduled the day-to-day operations of a high volume salon.
- Cultivated a friendly, attentive, and positive environment for the customers; became known for excellent customer service.
- Recognized for outstanding performance with an annual award; achieved by demonstrating productivity and efficiency in contributing to job tasks.
- Maintained honest, friendly relationships with co-workers; established as role model for all employees to emulate in warm, cheerful demeanor and friendliness.
- Redesigned entire lobby area of salon to create a more open and comfortable atmosphere.
Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 10
- Developed and maintained a client base of loyal customers; easily accommodated walk-ins.
- Accepted responsibility to address customer concerns regarding products, services, and procedures to ensure complete knowledge of orders.
- Processed payments quickly and accurately; relieved clients’ anxiety by helping them settle accounts.
- Administered gift certificates for new accounts; extended enticing offers to increase sales.
- Ensured smooth operation of the 10-chair salon by conducting scheduled maintenance checks and ordering needed supplies.
Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 11
- Handled customer calls with a friendly and accommodating attitude.
- Effectively resolved customer issues and complaints.
- Gave customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintained the salon’s appearance for the clientele by performing various duties including, but not limiting to, sweeping, dusting, raking, vacuuming, polishing shoeshine stands, replacing light bulbs in the bulbs room, washing window glass displays and shampooing carpets with a commercial cleaner while keeping an eye on the inventory of chemicals.
- Effectively presented facts, figures, and information to the clientele.
Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 12
- Accurately scheduled client appointments according to client’s needs, and efficiently communicated with clients via telephone, email, and text messaging.
- Forged strong relationships with clients by providing friendly communication regarding new hair style or beauty regimen.
- Met with prospective clients and performed eye-catching hairstyles for 3D Challenge for Hair Magazine.
- Created positive impressions of the salon by interacting positively with salon’s customers from all backgrounds; recognized as most popular stylist in salon by peers and customers alike.
- Collaborated with the Salon Manager to develop a do-it-yourself haircutting kit in order to reach out to new customers.
To work as a salon receptionist, you need a high school diploma or its equivalent. Salon receptionists must show outstanding communication skills, demonstrate computer experience, be cordial under pressure, show organization, be a good multi-tasker, and be committed to customer service to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Salon Receptionist Resume Samples
- Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 1
- Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 2
- Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 3
- Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 4
- Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 5
- Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 6
- Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 7
- Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 8
- Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 9
- Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 10
- Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 11
- Salon Receptionist Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up