A Preschool Teacher Assistant is responsible for assisting head teachers with daily tasks involving the students, as well as administrative work. Their duties include interacting with the children, occasionally teaching the children, plan daily activities, help feed the children, evaluating the progress of students, and organizing the classroom.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Preschool Teacher Assistant resumes for your reference.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Supervised students during recess and lunch periods by rules, regulations, and school policies.
- Developed success plans for students with special needs; taught non-reading and non-math skills to elementary students.
- Recognized as “Teacher’s Assistant of the Month” for motivating students in a classroom environment; raised student test scores by 20%.
- Achieved “Most Improved Student Test Scores Award”; met goal to improve test scores by 15%.
- Received commendations for helping maintain a clean, safe, and orderly classroom.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Achieved a 100% student attendance record for two years; drove parents to school in the morning and picked them up in the afternoon.
- Recognized by Director of Preschool for outstanding quality assurance, communication skills, and initiative.
- Highlighted by the principal as a role model for young children; earned recognition as an outstanding teaching assistant.
- Recognized with a recognition award from the principal. Received recognition award from assistant teachers. Received recognition award from the director of preschool and kindergarten.
- Earned “Mom” of the Month award from parent committee during this same period due to exceptional performance during that period.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Achieved outstanding ratings by parents of preschool children for classroom performance, instructions, and activities.
- The Director of Childcare Operations for a Preschool in the Hampton VA Medical Center (HVMCH) recognized her for exceptional performance during a personal visit within her work area.
- Demonstrated good administration of discipline and conflict resolution skills.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Managed discipline and well-being of students through group activities.
- Supervised children in the classroom and provided appropriate responses to questions asked.
- Helped manage class by providing effective encouragement, positive reinforcement, and encouragement.
- Supervised students as they practiced skills including turn-taking, sharing, following directions, and more.
- Assisted in the development of a successful childcare program by participating in curriculum planning.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Instructed children in sign language and fingerspelling, providing them with the ability to communicate; developed unique routines that encouraged the children’s interest.
- Organized team efforts to celebrate a student’s birthday and provided an enjoyable party experience; coordinated games and activities, including face painting and a pinata.
- Formed a group for parents to visit their children’s classrooms every Thursday evening; assisted parents with child care and nurtured parent/teacher communication.
- Introduced books that promoted reading among parents who had limited literacy skills; fostered positive parent involvement.
- Selected as an employee of the month based on outstanding performance reviews by students, teachers, administrators, and parents.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 6
- A performed variety of tasks such as seating children, completing forms, helping children with reading and handwriting, storytime preparation, and activities.
- Maintained daily attendance sheets in a timely manner while adhering to the district’s attendance policy.
- Assisted students with independent problem-solving activities and helped students with on-task behaviors such as following directions, listening attentively, having books in their hands/bags, not talking out loud/in class; received recognition from Principal for supporting daily activities while still being attentive to her own needs.
- Provided excellent support to students by working independently and confidently using the appropriate tools according to their individual needs.
- Held students accountable to the district’s behavior and safety policies while using appropriate tools and techniques.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Helped preschool teachers during classroom management procedures; presented with an award for exceptional performance.
- Participated in training programs and seminars as a representative of the District.
- Exhibited good attendance; an outstanding performer who strives to exceed expectations.
- Demonstrated a high degree of responsibility by contributing to the welfare and success of elderly residents at Golden Age Estates, a long-term care facility in a rural community.
- Achieved award for outstanding teaching assistant performance, improving reading skills of preschool students in the district.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Achieved a 3.0 GPA, 3.0 GAF, and met grade mastery standards.
- Conducted an extensive study of child development and worked with children with various neurological disabilities and developmental delays.
- Participated in parent education programs for kindergarten through elementary school-age groupings.
- Monitored children throughout the day to ensure safety, health, and welfare; maintained discipline in the classroom in accordance with CDC guidelines of behavior management system requirements; communicated effectively and courteously to parents.
- Led parent education program taught 4-6-year-olds twice per month for about a year; taught at least 40 different families at different times during the week.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Directed a group of 3- and 4-year-olds to help in the classroom, classroom set up, activities, and cleanup.
- Supervised three preschool assistants; assisted with testing and evaluations.
- Conducted individual child care schedules; tracked student data such as attendance and behavior.
- Participated in family fun or special events when available.
- Supervised three daily activities of preschool children including cleanup duties and setting up the room for teacher’s lessons according to schedule plan.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Assembled playmats, puzzles, and games for classroom activities.
- Set up tables at the school’s annual Fall Festival; enjoyed a month of special attention from students.
- Worked with preschool students to develop fine motor skills by using Playdough, fingerpaint, and clay.
- Demonstrated positive reinforcement when assisting teachers in the classroom; developed a rapport with the children that enabled me to teach numeracy and reading skills in a supportive manner.
- Successfully communicated with mainstream teachers providing one-on-one assistance to ELL (English Language Learner) children; used bilingual books and manipulatives to develop their language skills.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Gave effort in every aspect of the job.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and communication skills as I was responsible for both the preschool and the infant room director.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership skills as I have been a leader in all aspects of my job from planning activities to managing staff.
- Demonstrated a high interest in education; considered myself an educator (teacher) and loved working with children.
- Achieved award for exceptional teaching effectiveness; received teacher’s license from Illinois State Board of Education February 2010.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Participated in the field trips for the school children; ensured all the children were accounted for and safely returned to the classroom.
- Discovered a child crying and comforted him until his mother arrived to pick him up from school.
- Kept an accurate attendance book; recorded daily attendance of all students, including absences and tardy students.
- Assisted in creating a safe environment while leading group activities with children; maintained control while leading a group of energetic preschoolers playing on playground equipment.
- Collaborated with colleagues to ensure that students followed rules and guidelines outlined by the school board.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Assembled art supplies as needed by preschool teachers during lessons that used such materials.
- Demonstrated proficiency in assisting young students with physical activities, including swimming and playing games requiring physical movement.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Remained vigilant during stressful situations; assisted special needs students and those with behavior problems to remain calm.
- Maintained classroom control; remaining firm in my decisions, which allowed for effective classroom management.
- Coordinated a special event for the parents of preschool children; organized games and provided snacks for the mothers who attended.
- Supervised children at the playground; remained vigilant and ensured the safety of children in my care.
- Provides transportation to and from school; ensures that all students arrived home safely after school.
In order to work as a Preschool Teacher Assistant you will need a high school diploma or equivalent. Preschool Teacher Assistants must demonstrate excellent communication skills, patience, teaching skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, writing skills, and childcare skills in order to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Samples
- Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Preschool Teacher Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up