A preschool aide assists a preschool teacher in taking care of preschool children. Duties include planning activities, feeding children, supervising social development activities, preparing snacks, teaching children to count, teaching children colors, and teaching children shapes.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Preschool Aide Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Preschool Aide resumes for your reference.
Preschool Aide Resume Sample 1
- Proved first rate multitasking skills by keeping on top of 27 children and 3 aides, as well as maintaining cleanliness of the environment.
- Trained new employees to ensure same caring standards were kept for all children.
- Managed time during many conflicting situations, dinner rush being the most challenging.
- Made post-meal cleanup easier by keeping extra trash bags stocked in each room.
- Collaborated with teachers to fill needs, whether it be borrowing resources or safeguarding areas against damage or destruction.
Preschool Aide Resume Sample 2
- Assisted with planning and implementing of activities to ensure children’s safety, health, and well-being.
- Fostered communication skills among children by teaching group games and songs.
- Promoted physical fitness through equipment set up on the playground during recess time for each age group.
- Aided in providing first aid care as a member of the school’s first response system on multiple unforeseen incidences that occurred during after-school hours.
- Guided children in learning experiences using creative presentation including stories, skits, puppetry, songs, art projects, games, sensory play mixtures or presentations on global themes such as outer space or endangered animals.
Preschool Aide Resume Sample 3
- Prevented a child from accessing a household iron by promptly securing the cord.
- Provided children with sensory materials for stimulating learning and discovery.
- Rescued a choking infant by performing Heimlich maneuver; honored as Employee of the Month.
- Instructed new employees on childcare procedures, safety, first aid, CPR, and AED use.
- Promoted to caregiver after demonstrating effective communication skills, leadership abilities, creativity in activities programming, and problem solving techniques.
Preschool Aide Resume Sample 4
- Aided children in all areas of development; included discipline, proper nutrition and hygiene, and socialization skills.
- Supervised children in left- and right- hand activities including: art projects, reading books, and outdoor play time.
- Assisted lead teacher instructor in planning and organizing daily routines for preschool.
- Improved knowledge of educational methodology as an assistant teacher for a Head Start program; increased understanding of age-appropriate curriculum.
- Improved myself as a professional caregiver by attending workshops on child behavior analysis as well as technique classes to improve my techniques with the children I care for.
Preschool Aide Resume Sample 5
- Provided care to children age 6 weeks to 2.5 years, including feeding, diapering, dressing, and bathing according to facility policy and procedures.
- Aided in the stimulation of preschoolers’ physical, social, emotional development through activities such as reading books; playing games; performing arts & crafts; singing songs; counting; dancing; working on puzzles; acting out stories with puppets, toys, and dress-up clothes.
- Fostered self-expression (artistic expression) through dramatic play for instance by providing various costumes (hats, masks), allowing children to perform skits about given topics (e.g., going shopping).
- Switched from a part-time to a full-time role to meet demand and provide care for more children; recognized by regional managers as an exceptional employee.
- Assisted children in developing self-help skills such as toileting; feeding; dressing; and caring for personal belongings (e.g., toys).
Preschool Aide Resume Sample 6
- Provided individualized care to children by building rapport and trust while working in partnership with parents.
- Enhanced self-esteem of students by encouraging each child’s interests, strengths, and talents through differentiation.
- Promoted independence by developing positive work habits such as adequate toileting/hygiene, hand washing, teamwork, following routines, etc.
- Assisted teachers with day-to-day classroom activities including art projects, outdoor playtime, snack preparation/serving/cleanup, indoor cleanup after naps / group time / story time.
- Managed behavior of a class of 18-22 preschoolers for the entire morning prekindergarten session without supervision from a teacher.
Preschool Aide Resume Sample 7
- Provided individualized care for children by feeding, playing with, and changing diapers of infants under my supervision.
- Supported all areas of development possible while working closely with parents to support their parenting needs and goals.
- Preserved a safe environment for children and furniture by supervising playtime and cleanup efforts; prevented injuries during accidents such as spills and falls.
- Improved current programs through ideas on activities, exercise regimes, meal plans, safety standards, rules of games/playground equipment usage.
- Performed all duties in accordance to licensing standards including mandatory background checks and CPR certification verification.
Preschool Aide Resume Sample 8
- Aided children with activities and homework; insured compliance to school standards.
- Developed a positive, fun environment for kids during the day-care program by creating educational games and utilizing new toys weekly.
- Promoted self-esteem by leading arts & crafts that allowed kids to paint, color, cut, paste, stick, glue into forms art projects.
- Provided a daily snack for students incorporating healthy foods such as fresh fruit and vegetables so children could grow up strong and fit.
- Improved quality of life in our community by serving as a teacher’s aide in Head Start Program providing guidance to underprivileged preschoolers.
Preschool Aide Resume Sample 9
- Aided children with daily tasks, including hygiene, playtime activities, and naps.
- Monitored behaviors of children to ensure their safety during outdoor activity times.
- Assisted teachers with organizing play dates for younger children transitioning into the preschool setting.
- Initiated learning activities relating to numbers, colors, shapes, letters through games, crafts projects, songs and stories.
- Delivered inclusive care that met professional standards by using age appropriate strategies when communicating with children exhibiting special needs.
Preschool Aide Resume Sample 10
- Provided positive leadership to young children in the classroom by developing creative, fun lessons that encouraged interaction and imagination.
- Effectively compiled data regarding student progress for up-to-date reports to parents at meetings.
- Greeted over one hundred children daily while maintaining a safe environment with the use of monthly checklists.
- Volunteered 16 hours/month planning curricular activities for special events, holidays, field trips, group projects, and school festivals.
- Implemented organized fundraisers throughout the year for new children’s books, art supplies, learning games, etc., totaling over $1500 dollars donated.
Preschool Aide Resume Sample 11
- Provided individuals with a safe, healthy environment to learn and grow; maintained an organized daily schedule for up to 20 children.
- Followed proper procedures and completed documentation for all cases of suspected child abuse or neglect.
- Enabled families within the program to maintain financial independence while also functioning as members of the community through job search support and life skills development opportunities.
- Cultivated personal growth in participants by organizing monthly field trips according to age group, working closely with parents during weekly socialization groups, and following curriculum guidelines related to each developmental stage during two months of hands-on experience.
- Ensured compliance with licensing standards by taking part in facility inspections semi-annually.
Preschool Aide Resume Sample 12
- Provided service responsibly to children aged 3-5 years.
- Consistently maintained safe, stimulating environment for children by following age-appropriate rules of conduct and policies of the center.
- Communicated effectively with parents regarding individual child’s activities, interests, progress toward goals, and developmentally appropriate behaviors.
- Supported the curriculum by acting as a role model of positive behavior; praised children when they displayed desired behaviors or made desirable choices.
- Prepared healthy snacks for all students on rotating weekly schedule according to age groups dietary guidelines.
A High School Diploma or equivalent, and the ability to pass a background check are the core educational requirements. Skills to be successful include the ability to communicate, the ability to be patient, the ability to remain on feet for prolonged periods, strong attention to detail, ability to lift over 40 pounds, basic reading and writing skills, and basic math skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.