A nursing supervisor manages nurses to promote adequate patient care. The duties of a nursing supervisor are to delegate patients to nurses, create schedules for nurses, train new nurses, problem solve conflicts that pertain to nurses, create plans to maximize efficient patient care, communicate with patients as emotional support, and ensure hospital safety standards are always met.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Nursing Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Nursing Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Nursing Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Supervised the initial start-up of an emergency room, including hiring and training new staff with potential for health care careers.
- Supervised the first-aid and emergency room staffing, scheduling, and quality of care at a community hospital’s emergency room.
- Installed computerized systems to ensure adequate inventory control and patient flow at a local hospital.
- Coordinated with physicians’ offices throughout a four-county region in the development of their own electronic medical record programs.
- Conducted training for nurses and administrators on how to use a sophisticated medical billing system as well as automated tracking of patient information.
Nursing Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Supervised and managed over 240 staff at the hospital; proficiently carried out administrative and clerical duties.
- Evaluated patient safety issues; effectively relayed medical policy within the office, department, and hospital.
- Initiated and maintained employee databases, process improvement initiatives, policies, manuals and procedures.
- Always remained open to any new ideas regarding work process improvements; continuous self-education through collaborative relationships with peers in other departments and departments across the hospital.
- Effective problem solving and conflict resolution skills; utilized communication, collaboration, negotiation and leadership to ensure a positive workplace environment.
Nursing Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Conceived and supervised the successful implementation of a numbering system for patient identification and record keeping at three nursing institutions.
- Supervised staff assigned to a fifteen-bed unit, with special consideration for the critical care needs of patients and a bed ratio of no more than three to one at all times.
- Assisted in the creation of an excellent work environment by maintaining open communication with employees and acting as a resource to the managers in training within their respective departments.
- Volunteered my time during natural disasters, such as hurricanes, so that families would have food available during their crisis.
- Participated in a hospital-wide clinical simulation lab that furthered my managerial skills and gave me valuable insight into the clinical environment.
Nursing Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Interacted with employees in a very positive, professional manner. Misunderstood and undermined employee morale.
- Developed new competencies and knowledge during assisting staff of over 50 healthcare professionals during respiratory care unit shift change.
- Delegated responsibilities to able subordinates in a timely manner. Identified and explained all organizational policies regarding medical procedures performed at work, pertaining to HIPAA, government regulations, and applicable legislation.
- Opened new vistas of professional growth by mentoring more than 100 nurses in the performance of their duties throughout their tenure as supervisors. Engaged in assisting staff members before regular, after hours, and weekend hours when necessary.
- Accomplished tasks and responsibilities in a timely manner. Obtained high-performance ratings and commendations from supervisors, excluding myself.
Nursing Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Awarded for Excellence in Supervision Award; conducted quality observation of nursing staff, assisted in the administration of clinical procedures, participated in staffing activities, and facilitated communication among staff.
- Multiple-time recipient of Employee’s Self-Esteem Award; received the highest rating possible by all employees.
- Served as the lead person on the team that secured additional space (400 sq. ft.) to accommodate patient care areas and public restrooms.
- Trip to Japan, China, and Taiwan as a part of International Exchange program sponsored by J-1 Visa Program taught valued multicultural values to international students.
- Served as mentor to five foreign students from Japan, China, and Taiwan who were attending local universities; further developed understanding of international medicine in their home countries.
Nursing Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Increased the efficiency of daily operations with streamlined procedures, better communication, and more direct involvement in day-to-day facility operation.
- Reduced hospital infection rate by 50% by sponsoring regular cleaning and sanitation sessions; organized uniform and badge distribution.
- Promoted awareness of professional nursing standards through seminars and lectures to nurses who were new to the facility.
- Increased number of patient admissions by 15% through accurate registration procedures for new clients on computer applications.
- Effectively managed two large staffs of nurses; coordinated large volume patients to provide high quality health care services.
Nursing Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Handled staff scheduling and personnel issues with efficiency, promptness, and common sense.
- Administered training programs to provide staff with the skills necessary for the successful operation of the department.
- Trained supervisors on their responsibilities, including supervision of clerical staff, record keeping, and billing.
- Established a program designed to improve quality of care while cutting costs through uniformity in work techniques among nurses.
- Developed procedures for effective scheduling of patient care; made minor modifications to ensure that patients receive the same level of care regardless of the facility they select.
Nursing Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Lowered unit costs with proactive employee scheduling to ensure a balance of available resources with demand for service.
- Increased job satisfaction by training associates to identify, prioritize, report, and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Restructured departmental policies to reduce bottlenecks and increase productivity; identified quality improvements resulting in awards from the Health Care Institution.
- Provided medical care through a variety of health specialties including surgery, pediatrics, internal medicine, pharmacy, and dentistry.
- Volunteered more than 250 hours annually to an interdenominational Christian outreach ministry; organized annual events including concerts, food sales, and craft shows.
Nursing Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Served as a Patient Care Supervisor at the Veterans Administration Hospital for four years where I ensured that…
- Personally integrated a new patient information system into daily operations.
- Expanded a patient handling and transfer program from ten to fourteen floors of the hospital building.
- Developed and implemented procedures for effective discharge planning to ensure quality of care, cost-effectiveness, and efficiency throughout the hospital.
- Wrote job manuals detailing my duties and position responsibilities in conjunction with my Management Team.
Nursing Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Designed, developed, and implemented a complete standardized protocol system to ensure quality of care and safety in the operating room.
- Planned and implemented a comprehensive staff education program to ensure all departmental personnel complied with newly enacted federal guidelines.
- Recognized for exceptional community relations; promoting hospital programs in the public school system.
- Qualified for highest level of staff nurse status in less than two years; providing team leadership and serving as role model for other nurses.
- Awarded license from state Board of Nursing; passed specialty exams in Pediatrics, OB/GYN, Oncology, and Operating Room immediately upon receiving license.
Nursing Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Managed ten nursing supervisors in four different areas of nursing.
- Supervised over 100 nurses, registered nurses, patient case managers, and clerical staff.
- Developed a positive work environment through continuous feedback and development of new skillsets.
- Successfully dealt with numerous problems ranging from common to lengthy transfers of patients in less than forty-five minutes.
- Assisted with developing policy for nursing teams; drafted six new administrative guidelines for the hospital.
The job of a nursing supervisor requires a bachelor’s degree in nursing As a nursing supervisor, you will need to be able to multi-task, lead teams of nurses, have skills pertaining to organization, customer service, with the ability to adapt to new environments, flexibility, and have basic computer skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.