A landscape foreman supervises and coordinates maintenance of landscape projects and proper building construction of outdoor spaces. This job entails allocating resources, providing material and cost and time estimates, assigning tasks to workers and managing grounds keeping teams, ensuring construction adheres to safety protocols, overseeing maintenance of grounds and progress of construction, as well as supervising and ensuring proper equipment use.
Landscape Foremen hold a high school diploma with a degree in Horticulture recommended, sometimes a relevant certificate such as a Commercial Driver’s license, with several years of experience. Essential skills include excellent written and verbal instructions, knowledge of landscaping tools and horticulture, attention to detail, experience with pesticides and chemicals, strong leadership and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment, and proficient use of heavy equipment.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Landscape Foreman Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Landscape Foreman resumes for your reference.
Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 1
- Managed twelve employees, ensuring quality site preparation and landscape installation for 18 projects.
- Delivered labor tasks, equipment coordination, and production distribution on-site to satisfy project deadlines.
- Oversaw use of proper safety equipment complying with OSHA standards, resulting in zero accidents during a 10-month period.
- Promoted from Lead Worker to Foreman after two years of demonstrated responsibility and performance as a team leader.
- Implemented measures resulting in $80,000 less excavation costs than estimated at the beginning of the project by suggesting an alternative plan to parkway landscaping design. The company received an award for the innovative landscaping solution at the 17th annual convention.
Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 2
- Worked with architectural team members to create landscaping plans using AutoCAD.
- Developed designs for front and backyards of new residential homes, including rock gardens, waterfalls, ponds, outdoor kitchens and fireplaces.
- Coordinated work crews in order ensure that all phases of the project are met on time; developed innovative techniques to complete projects efficiently while maintaining highest quality standards.
- Maintained positive staff morale through encouragement and recognition; recognized staff member’s outstanding performance during monthly safety meetings by administering awards in the form of gift certificates or trophies.
- Developed budget estimates according to client specifications; maintained compliance with labor regulations when hiring subcontractors.
Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 3
- Managed three-person crew during task of landscape installation.
- Hired and managed seven employees, overseeing the planning, creation, and maintenance of more than 16 acres of plantings for commercial projects.
- Completed $56,000 renovation of outdoor areas at new facility within budget by coordinating resources with subcontractors.
- Developed skill to clearly communicate team direction to help complete large-scale landscaping project ahead of schedule.
- Received recognition as an industry leader after co-authoring best practice for submission to state regulatory agency concerning environmental stewardship practices in natural resource management.
Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 4
- Finalized all construction and landscaping projects on time and under budget; recognized by the General Manager for outstanding performance.
- Set up efficient plan to improve schedule of landscape construction.
- Achieved award for developing creative solutions to difficult design problems; gained acceptance from customers who had previously been skeptical about new ideas.
- Pioneered new systems that reduced costs by 20% without compromising quality; managed a team of 15 individuals.
- Developed optimum distribution system resulting in increased profits of 17%; reduced distribution cost by 10%, and decreased customer complaints.
Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 5
- Designed and executed landscape projects utilizing the latest methods in sustainable site design.
- Oversaw labor force during peak seasons; ensured employees worked efficiently and productively to maximize productivity.
- Initiated a paperless office by designing a customized computer system that included cloud access, instant messaging, digital calendars, voicemail, electronic billing and inventory management.
- Promoted from Crew Foreman within one year of joining company due to exceptional work ethic and positive attitude. Received three merit raises over two years for outstanding achievements throughout the company’s operations.
- Transform previously unusable space into highly functional outdoor areas with creative designs using knowledge of plants, soils, water systems through hands-on experience in a green industry.
Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 6
- Planned and directed the construction of a multi-million dollar commercial park.
- Developed creative solutions to resolve environmental problems related to soil erosion, drainage, and flooding on new sites.
- Proven knowledge of all aspects of landscape design from laying out designs for residential sites to managing crews for large commercial projects.
- Implemented drought resistant landscaping during four years as Director of Horticulture at the Arboretum; presented plaques and awards for continued excellence.
- Neighborly attitude and positive work ethic led many residents to recommend me as a trustworthy person; earned their respect for maintaining attractive housing areas. For each job you list, ask yourself this question: “What did I accomplish during my employment?” List the accomplishments (key duties and responsibilities) you performed and skills you used that are relevant to your current or future job search.
Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 7
- Supervised a team of 50+ landscape construction workers.
- Constructed a 7-acre office park with parking lots, trails, ornamental garden areas.
- Managed operation from start to finish on an $11 million dollar project that included building retaining walls and planting nearly 100,000 bulbs for landscaping.
- Developed marketing strategies over a three year period leading to a more than 300% increase in business during my tenure as manager of the Chicago branch location.
- Established new classifications for specific levels of proficiency within crews resulting in improved production and customer satisfaction.
Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 8
- Led a team of 12 people to maximize profits by completing orders on time, maintaining quality workmanship, and ensuring all tools and equipment are fully operational.
- Introduced new client retention program; led company in providing high-quality service that met or exceeded customer expectations.
- Oversaw plant inventory for greenhouse facility; maintained accurate records to ensure materials were available when needed for jobsite production.
- Maintained constant communication with clients during projects; quickly responded to any inquiries or concerns regarding project status or changes in scope of work.
- Reorganized departmental procedures to enhance efficiency and promote continuous improvement within the organization.
Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 9
- Supervised a team of landscape professionals to complete a 500-acre subdivision in less than four months.
- Assembled a crew of 15 workers and completed 3,000 square feet of concrete removal in two hours using only crowbars and sledgehammers.
- Earned an “employee of the month” title for completing all projects ahead of schedule.
- Negotiated with fourteen utility companies to update underground lines from stumps to telephone poles at 300 homes in under six weeks.
- Installed over 20,000 square feet of sod throughout the entire city, saving company 1/3rd on materials and man-hours while meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations.
Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 10
- Managed laborers, equipment, and supplies to complete landscape development projects on time and within budget.
- Determined the severity of problems encountered during project construction; effectively resolved conflicts between subcontractors.
- Utilized best practices in horticulture to install plantings that responded to site conditions; design design installed under challenging construction schedules.
- Led an effort to create a new garden bed by designing and laying brick pavers throughout for walkways; received praise from advisory board members.
- Presented proposal for large project restoration to restore park area damaged by heavy machinery used in renovation of elementary school facilities.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Landscape Foreman Resume Samples
- Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 1
- Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 2
- Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 3
- Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 4
- Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 5
- Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 6
- Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 7
- Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 8
- Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 9
- Landscape Foreman Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up