Montessori Teachers are educators who allow children to make more independent decisions and have more control over their own education. The duties of a Montessori teacher include ensuring the safety of children, providing learning materials in the classroom, developing lesson plans, organizing field trips, resolving conflicts between children, and meeting with parents and guardians.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Montessori Teacher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Montessori Teacher resumes for your reference.
Montessori Teacher Resume Sample 1
- Successfully created a classroom plan for each child; managed a classroom with four children of different ages.
- Instructed and taught Montessori methods in the classroom; successfully taught the students how to solve problems, read and write.
- Instructed students on different ways to do homework such as doing it independently or in groups.
- Used creativity to make lessons fun and exciting for students.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality rating from parents of children enrolled in Montessori children’s programs.
Montessori Teacher Resume Sample 2
- Prepared for early morning children’s class using resources and materials provided by Montessori; observed children to understand their strengths, weaknesses, and areas of development.
- Developed lesson plans and activities to enhance communication, motor skills, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated compassion through understanding of basic needs.
- Reached highest levels of performance on job evaluations; taught strategies for success through prior experience with special needs children.
- Received outstanding quality award; earned appreciation from parents for her efforts in teaching their children.
Montessori Teacher Resume Sample 3
- Transformed student who was disruptive and unresponsive into a model student; earned the award of “Most Improved Student” from the school administration.
- Developed curriculum which increased the average test scores by six percent; received commendation from Principal.
- Directed fundamental Montessori curriculum at the preschool level according to precise guidelines.
- Earned appreciation as a member of faculty; effectively served as a role model for students and other members of faculty.
- Achieved award for outstanding achievement in teaching Montessori concepts through practical application; presented with award from school administration.
Montessori Teacher Resume Sample 4
- Performed a 120-hour training session to achieve Level 1 National Montessori Certification.
- Taught three classes and guided students in developing their reading, writing, and math skills.
- Supervised students while they explored an independent project that allowed them to develop their creativity.
- Created a schedule of weekly topics and taught the class using theme-based instruction.
- Maintained daily routines for the class including sign-in/sign-out procedures, clean-up activities, snack, story time, and classroom management.
Montessori Teacher Resume Sample 5
- Effectively taught multiple grade levels, as well as provided instructional support to students who were completing standardized assessments.
- Effectively utilized curriculum-based instruction strategies to enhance student learning.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Coached students in mathematics, reading, social studies and science. Maintained a classroom atmosphere of caring and respect for each student’s individual needs regardless of age or ability level.
- Adopted a Montessori philosophy of education; it is one that supports the child’s inherent nature while cultivating their development in mind, body, and spirit through appropriate use of materials and methods.
Montessori Teacher Resume Sample 6
- Provide the highest quality Montessori education by having students in class prepared for the lessons of the day, structuring activities to improve students’ independence, and setting high expectations for every child.
- Efficiently run classroom by organizing materials and making sure room was clean and ready before class started each day.
- Collaborate with teachers to deliver effective lesson plans and strategies that encourage student success.
- Did not allow disruptive behavior in class; held students accountable by utilizing a ‘check-in’ system.
- Developed curriculum for a second grader who did not want to learn; taught her how to read within six months.
Montessori Teacher Resume Sample 7
- Assured a positive classroom environment for students and parents.
- Developed educational activities to increase students’ knowledge of the Montessori Methodology.
- Identified students with learning disabilities, monitored their progress, and worked with the school psychologist to determine appropriate remediation.
- Protected children from potential harm while working on a playground. Trained staff regarding safety procedures prior to allowing children onto playground equipment.
- Took initiative to start after-school programs that would benefit students academically and socially.
Montessori Teacher Resume Sample 8
- Recognized as “Teacher of the Year” by the principal and was awarded 3 day trip to Disney World.
- Accomplished manager praised for successful goal setting for position and meeting them.
- Awarded letter of recognition for outstanding performance in classroom management, classroom environment, active listening, and caring behavior.
- Selected from over 20 teachers as a panelist reviewing new curriculum and training teachers in the new enrichment curriculum.
- Distinguished by state superintendent for effective use of technology in teaching grade level standards (reading).
Montessori Teacher Resume Sample 9
- Directed children in various programs within the school and daycare center.
- Created curriculum for kindergarten, pre-kindergarten, and first grade classrooms; created a customized desk plan for kindergarten students.
- Received outstanding quality award; created individualized lesson plans for students.
Montessori Teacher Resume Sample 10
- Developed lesson plans and materials for elementary students.
- Assessed students’ skills, knowledge, and learning goals using classroom observation as well as standardized test results.
- Demonstrated my ability to inspire young children; served on a school council which developed a program to increase parent involvement at the school.
- Served on executive officer search committee; helped determine a director of the Montessori Day School Program.
- Established an after school initiative to develop community outreach programs for elementary students in need of support and financial assistance based on new criteria set forth by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Paterson, NJ regarding after school programs.
Montessori Teacher Resume Sample 11
- Exemplified enthusiasm toward optimizing learning opportunities for students by effectively conducting Montessori-based activities and lessons.
- Shaped positive attitudes among participants toward appreciating learning by developing fun-filled activities using hands-on experiences.
- Elicited enthusiasm among learners by demonstrating genuine concern and support while encouraging self-directedness.
- Gathered feedback from participants; made thoughtful improvements that contributed to 90% of participants ranking the activity as “positive/enjoyable” and “appropriate.”
- Motivated learners to respond positively to changes in established routines by capitalizing on opportunities through effective communication, which demonstrated a positive team approach.
Montessori Teacher Resume Sample 12
- Replaced all the teaching aids in the classroom and organized the bookshelf systems, including teaching aids and school supplies.
- Designed classroom lessons, including a unit on the Ninja Turtles for grades 3–4.
- Trained new teachers and assembled classrooms as needed for Montessori students who moved to new sites.
- Supervised kindergarten teachers at two campuses; coached them during parent conferences.
- Coached volleyball program, including coaching strategies and preparing boys’ schedules that met school policy requirements.
Montessori Teacher Resume Sample 13
- Assessing and analyzing children’s learning language skills and developing appropriate remedial reading techniques.
- Developing classroom lesson plans for each subject and assuring that all children are given favorable attention.
- Effective use of teaching techniques, including prompting, guiding, questioning, observing, planning, and evaluating the instructional process to improve student achievement.
- Devoted to helping develop an environment where each child can learn at their own pace with a sense of creativity.
- Achieved award for demonstrating effective instruction in preparing children for State Regents Examinations by exceeding state standards in reading written language.
Montessori Teacher Resume Sample 14
- Strengthened classroom management and guided students towards greater understanding of grammar.
- Enjoyed working with students and parents from the moment they came to class until the time they left.
- Acted as a resource for teachers who were new to the school when it began this program.
- Presented at an International Teachers Conference in Turkey on various topics pertaining to Montessori teaching methods.
- Demonstrated my knowledge and love of using technology to assist in the classroom by creating an online blog that supported and enhanced student learning.
To become a Montessori teacher, you need a bachelor’s degree in teaching and a diploma from a program accredited by Association Montessori Internationale. Montessori Teachers demonstrate creativity, empathy, leadership, adaptability, critical thinking, and strong interpersonal skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.