A MIS (Management Information Systems) Specialist supervises the IT team at a business or government entity. Their duties include providing IT support, monitoring the budget, ordering hardware and software, assigning and recording passwords, providing regular training, traveling to other locations for troubleshooting, and solving network problems.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Mis Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Mis Specialist resumes for your reference.
MIS Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Developed a 14-month project to implement Microsoft’s ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software system, which involved:
- Conducted interviews, customer and developer surveys, and in-site surveys.
- Established a pre-sales relationship with the developers, and executed the customer’s business requirements through the use of value engineering techniques
- Prepared detailed technical specifications for product implementation and designed modules for software coding.
- Managed a team of 70 developers during the implementation phase, who had to meet aggressive deadlines without sacrificing quality of the final product.
MIS Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Adopted new technology; contributed to the team effort to effectively manage multiple conference calls.
- Achieved top performance in training others; offered consistently timely and effective assistance to co-workers.
- Received two Quality awards for identifying opportunities to improve work processes.
- Troubleshot and resolved a problem that prevented a system from functioning correctly using research, analysis, and creativity in identifying the cause of the problem.
- Achieved top performance in providing support for users; anticipated needs and specified requirements for superior customer service.
MIS Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Determined and implemented the best solution for current problems in the development of a software program for the processing of loan applications.
- Designed and executed a timely and cost effective complete computer system upgrade; saved company $300,000.
- Created new design specifications for Computer Aided Software Engineering [CASE] used in designing software programs.
- Provided IT support in a 24/7 environment; effectively resolved all equipment, network, and security issues during an outage that negatively impacted more than 40 users.
- Designed major modifications to software program with team; developed and implemented improvements that resulted in a $50 million increase in annual sales.
MIS Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Assisted in the development, implementation and support for maintenance of our company’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) system; provided technical and user support to the Oracle team.
- Provided technical support for creation of custom reports for development of business intelligence through data analysis.
- Troubleshot complex problems encountered during project implementation; worked to correct problems before they became major technical issues.
- Authored custom reports on monthly basis and presented to management, who asked for them.
- Helped to establish and maintained relations with clients as they were responsible for all communications with clients, including data entry and troubleshooting, and worked directly with clients.
MIS Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Achieved award for outstanding performance in Quality Review by implementing modifications to software programs; avoided errors through use of stringent testing methods.
- Procured award for outstanding service and support of email system; ensured problem resolution with end users and reported defects and enhancements to supervisor.
- Recognized for outstanding technical expertise; implemented upgrades resulting in near perfect install rate, a decrease in downtime, and a significant reduction in call center volume.
- Acknowledged for excellence in customer service; inventoried client after-sales support needs, determined solutions, initiated action plans, received 100% return on investment within one year of implementation.
- Received award for contribution to the team effort; provided support and training to the team resulting in a stable, secure, and reliable e-commerce environment.
MIS Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Maintained daily status on network locations and users, performed software installation and upgrades; serviced and repaired desktop computers.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills by resolving customer issues and ensuring that the customer was satisfied before the completion of each call.
- Achieved award for writing high quality, efficient code for tracking software applications used by customers to track time-off requests.
- Established positive rapport with coworkers to ensure a smooth work environment; fulfilled their requests on time.
- Worked in a team environment as a part of core team responsible for planning and prioritizing projects; ensured that all work was completed by deadline.
MIS Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Wrote database queries and insert SQL scripts to enhance production and system performance.
- Designed, developed and implemented reports including financial, processing and operational reports with emphasis on running according to schedule.
- Created a self-service database which provides users the ability to complete credit checks whenever the need arises.
- Developed web site for the department; efficiently installed first web server in the department.
- Maintained database content by converting traditional report formats into HTML using Microsoft FrontPage ’97.
MIS Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Developed and implemented a project management methodology; created an extensive reporting system.
- Updated a company’s proprietary accounting software to incorporate over 30 additional modules. Maintained the interfaces with external systems and supported semi-monthly updates.
- Kept workflow systems running smoothly for over 7 months despite delays in project schedule and company growth initiatives.
- Performed essential duties as the lead developer for a team of 3 other developers; produced efficient, stable, and scalable applications.
- Completed all project tasks on time with no errors; received a promotion to Team Lead.
MIS Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Assisted with the development and creation of a complex database for an organization.
- Built and implemented new functions/modules within an existing database to accommodate an expanding business need.
- Enhanced existing software to accommodate continuous changes in the business’ technical needs.
- Developed a large database used for integrating corporate data from several major vendors.
- Received outstanding performance award for multiple reasons; developed a large database that integrated corporate data from several major vendors.
MIS Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Helped with the transition of the company’s new software product.
- Maintained various programs throughout the development cycle; executed testing utilities as per software quality requirements.
- Designed, maintained and configured database applications.
- Performed quality assurance on a weekly basis by monitoring software error rates, meeting specifications and maintaining standards set forth by the company.
- Held meetings with customers for training and testing of software.
MIS Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Supervised the development of a new financial software system for an accounting firm.
- Published articles concerning information systems in a leading international journal.
- Selected for inclusion in the conference on Information Systems and Techniques (CIST).
- Educated management staff on the benefits of technology and provided support to newly implemented fiscal control procedures.
- Developed a training manual for the payroll department; evaluated and revised personnel policies.
MIS Specialist Resume Sample 12
- Maintained onsite customer service skills; set up, organized and maintained computer systems for various office applications
- Designed and coded an application for a company in the fast food industry that would allow the company to track their customers throughout the day. Used FTP to upload customer data, images, and graphics into database.
- Performed quality control review of all projects within a project management system.
- Learned new software in order to develop quality products faster
- Reorganized departmental functions to increase efficiency and get more done.
MIS Specialist Resume Sample 13
- Achieved distinction as the top MIS Specialist in the Calgary office; developed a detailed Microsoft Office Project database; implemented, managed, and analyzed computerized procedures and reports.
- Performed SAP calculations according to specifications and advised customers on benefits of purchasing software products.
- Dealt with all levels of problems associated with new software releases which would affect customer operations.
- Fostered relationships with suppliers; optimized database services by purchasing hardware and software packages to maintain effectiveness.
- Performed preventive maintenance on all SAP hardware and software systems to ensure overall efficiency.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science and information science is required for this position. Skills needed to be successful include problem-solving, data collection, attention to detail, excellent math skills, teaching skills, good verbal and written communication, responsibility and organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Mis Specialist Resume Samples
- MIS Specialist Resume Sample 1
- MIS Specialist Resume Sample 2
- MIS Specialist Resume Sample 3
- MIS Specialist Resume Sample 4
- MIS Specialist Resume Sample 5
- MIS Specialist Resume Sample 6
- MIS Specialist Resume Sample 7
- MIS Specialist Resume Sample 8
- MIS Specialist Resume Sample 9
- MIS Specialist Resume Sample 10
- MIS Specialist Resume Sample 11
- MIS Specialist Resume Sample 12
- MIS Specialist Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up