A clinical Social Worker is person licensed to offers counseling services to individuals in need. Their duties include developing treatment plans, consulting with doctors, administering social service programs, diagnosing disorders, observing client behavior, helping patients cope with problems, teaching skills and promoting mechanisms that better the lives of patients.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Clinical Social Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Clinical Social Worker resumes for your reference.
Clinical Social Worker Resume Sample 1
- Provided long-term psychotherapy and support to patients, including people with chronic illnesses or disabilities.
- Provided crisis intervention and counseling to bereaved families and friends.
- Assessed and diagnosed psychosocial problems in children, adolescents, adults and families.
- Enabled clients to enhance functioning in areas of life that were problematic including relationships, parenting, school or work functioning.
- Provided consultation services to community service agencies for the purpose of program planning and development.
Clinical Social Worker Resume Sample 2
- Provided intensive case management for emotionally disturbed children in order to maximize their social, family, and educational potentials.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Colorado; member of the National Association of Social Workers.
- Promoted self-sufficiency by empowering clients in gaining awareness and choosing appropriate resources.
- Strengthened mental health services offered to isolated populations through participation with local churches in establishing community outreach programs.
- Implemented crisis intervention by providing day-to-day assistance to patients experiencing acute emotional stress resulting from illness or injury, major life changes., relationship problems, financial difficulties, or other issues that affect psychological well being. Worked closely with hospital staff, physicians and social workers to ensure that patients receive the highest possible quality of care.
Clinical Social Worker Resume Sample 3
- Implemented and worked according to a team treatment plan and family service plan, which included medication compliance.
- Liaised with emergency medical services to transport patients safely from the scene of an incident.
- Provided supervision and support for community-based clinical staff to improve workload management and maintain high-quality patient care.
- Developed activities that allowed children, adolescents, adults, and their families to engage in therapeutic processes within a group setting.
- Collaborated with physicians to treat complex cases providing psychiatric services including initial evaluations and crisis intervention.
Clinical Social Worker Resume Sample 4
- Successfully reduced patient anxiety by teaching meditation and breathing techniques during an initial session.
- Handled a difficult case involving a diagnosed schizophrenic by establishing rapport with the patient, family, and treatment team to develop a comprehensive care plan for stabilization.
- Assisted in discharge planning of patient under the state’s behavioral health program for individuals with chronic mental illness from county hospital back into mainstream society.
- Monitored interactions between patients and their families while employed at a long-term psychiatric center to ensure that confidentiality was maintained for all parties involved.
- Guided clients through tough times with divorce or separation by providing individual counseling sessions along with parent education classes on adolescent development issues.
Clinical Social Worker Resume Sample 5
- Utilized my comprehensive understanding of the role of stress in illness to complete over 4,000 patient assessments.
- Performed psychosocial evaluations with children and their families to determine eligibility for state mental health services.
- Completed necessary research to write “master’s level” thesis detailing how African American men fare when placed into incarceration settings.
- Achieved national board certification by successfully completing an exam that required advanced knowledge and clinical skills beyond state licensure requirements.
- Successfully conducted individual case conferences with adolescents requiring intensive outpatient psychiatric treatment at a residential program.
Clinical Social Worker Resume Sample 6
- Provided individual, family, and group counseling in psychiatric settings.
- Promptly assessed patients presenting with an array of symptoms to provide appropriate treatment plans that accurately addressed diagnoses.
- Conducted psycho-educational workshops that educated parents on strategies for helping their children with various mental health challenges.
- Promoted positive change in families with children who had experienced abuse or neglect by offering rehabilitation services including case management, psychological evaluation, home visits, court reports, DNA testing, etc.
- Organized community events to promote awareness about the social work profession so potential students could gain insight into important issues facing society today.
Clinical Social Worker Resume Sample 7
- Facilitated the growth and development of people from disadvantaged backgrounds by addressing their needs, improving their living conditions, and enhancing their quality of life.
- Addressed the ever-increasing needs for medical social work services in a rapidly developing community.
- Promoted the well being of children in foster care by offering case management services to families involved with Child Protective Services (CPS).
- Provided direct medical social work services in a variety of clinical settings including home health care, adult medical day treatment facility, two pediatric clinics, an AIDS clinic, and hospital acute psychiatric unit.
- Resulted in the successful placement of individuals with developmental disabilities into employment programs; recognized by the United Way for superior performance.
Clinical Social Worker Resume Sample 8
- Conducted individual, relationship, and family counseling sessions.
- Provided psychotherapy to adolescents experiencing depression and anxiety disorders through a day treatment program.
- Collaborated with medical staff, patients, parents, and school faculty to develop a social skills group for children diagnosed with Asperger’s Disorder.
- Resolved personal conflicts by assessing patient behavior in hospitals and recommending appropriate changes in environment or treatment plan.
- Resolved legal issues by mediating dispute resolution between medical professionals and patients on an assigned evening shift.
Clinical Social Worker Resume Sample 9
- Improved patient satisfaction by effective communication with staff and patients.
- Reduced insurance denials through claim filing; reduced number of pending claims from 179 to zero within first three months working as a clinical social worker.
- Maintained compliance with state licensure requirements for mental health clinicians, including hours worked and supervision.
- Provided direct counseling services to adults and children; provided support for child psychiatric hospitalization; performed crisis assessments and developed individual treatment plans.
- Promoted personal development and growth by offering job training workshops on self-esteem enhancement, stress management, assertiveness training, life skills development, positive thinking, goal setting, etc., resulting in increased vocational placement rate from 60% to 92%.
Clinical Social Worker Resume Sample 10
- Facilitated a multiple-family group for issues related to substance abuse and mental health.
- Assessed the needs of the elderly in nursing homes and assisted them in obtaining appropriate services they required.
- Provided outreach services to several individuals displaced from their homes due to fire, flooding, and other natural disasters.
- Worked with families whose children have been victims of sexual abuse in order to help heal them through therapy sessions.
- Participated in a community-based study on depression that helped provide valuable insight into how this disorder impacts many aspects of life.
To work as a Clinical Social Worker you need a bachelor’s degree in social work (BSW) or other field from a CSWE accredited program and specific state licensure requirements .Clinical Social workers must demonstrate note taking abilities, empathy, boundary setting, critical thinking, listening, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.