A hospital security officer works in the hospital environment providing security services for the facility. Duties include patrolling grounds, monitor all activity on hospital property, preventing loss of hospital equipment, preventing damage to hospital equipment, preventing disturbances, protecting hospital staff, utilizing closed-circuit tv, operating hospital security vehicles, and securing helicopter landing pads. Education requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent and previous law enforcement, or security experience is preferred. Skills to succeed include good physical fitness, ability to remain on feet for long periods, attention to detail, knowledge of security laws, knowledge of hospital policy, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate verbally and in writing, basic knowledge of office software, and ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Hospital Security Officer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Hospital Security Officer resumes for your reference.
Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 1
- Earned a promotion to Team Leader for a highly motivated and cohesive team of 32 security officers.
- to work in an extremely high-risk environment via strict background check, interview process, and certification/licensing examination.
- Recognized by the hospital administration as the primary contributor in reducing injury rates among employees from nearly one incident per day to zero incidents within two years.
- Received Certificate of Appreciation from the Director of Public Safety for instrumental role during hostage crisis.
- Promoted from Security Officer I to Security Officer II within 6 months due to excellent performance and demonstrated potentials for advancement.
Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 2
- Contributed to positive community relations while patrolling on foot or in squad car at least 4 hours/shift.
- Greeted over 10,000 patrons; effectively identified and resolved guest issues.
- Mentored two new hires in the principles of effective communication, customer service, life saving techniques, crisis management, and self-defense.
- Exposed illegal drug sales resulting in arrest warrants for 2 individuals; prevented possible injuries during hostile confrontations following physical arrests.
- Acknowledged by Hospital Administrator for valor after saving child’s life using CPR given at scene of accident before paramedics arrived.
Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 3
- Ensure safety of the hospital, staff, patients, and visitors by performing tasks independently.
- Protect life and property by explaining the benefits of protective actions to federal agencies during disaster preparedness exercises.
- Perform surveillance duties including observation posts for both day and night shifts.
- Initiate communications with appropriate personnel for requests outside of established departmental guidelines.
- Provide security patrols twenty-four hours a day in order to protect people’s lives, assets, or belongings within assigned area or facility.
Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 4
- Conducted investigations into reports of suspicious activities, disturbances, and/or illegal or unethical acts within assigned geographic area.
- Brought to justice criminal suspects for armed robbery, burglary, corpse abuse corpse
- Took part in physical fitness training program led by Police Athletics strength coach leading to second place finish in regional promotional competition.
- Participated in the planning and coordination of a multi-agency law enforcement response during a hostage crisis incident.
- Experienced in coordinating security teams with public safety officers at large events including concerts, flea markets, carnivals, parades and football games.
Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 5
- Provided security coverage at various locations within the hospital including patient rooms, clinic, parking lots, front entrance, and medical supply room.
- Aided in capturing armed robber by using my weapon skills to disarm defendant while holding money bag in one hand.
- Trained 11 new hires during my term; promoted to shift-supervisor due to demonstrated ability to lead others through instruction on security protocols and procedures.
- Repelled pirate attack during Gulf War with courage and deadly marksmanship; all 10 pirates were killed before boarding the vessel though they outnumbered us 3 to 1.
- Received commendations for meritorious service when providing additional home security for patrons after hours; used thorough risk assessment to determine best protection methods for each home.
Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 6
- Fulfilled multiple responsibilities related to patrol, criminal investigations, evidence collection, traffic control and crime scene recuperation.
- Evaluated correct course of action in emergency situations; defended lives of hospital staff and patients against violent criminals.
- Secured locations during bomb threats; provided comfort for distressed individuals including children during times of disaster.
- Received recognition for outstanding service as Internment/Resettlement (I/R) Specialist at Guantanamo Bay Detention Camp; managed the I/R operations during riots by detainees.
- Supervised military police in security operations within a theater of operation consisting of over 1,500 troops across Iraq and Afghanistan from 2006 – 2008.
Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 7
- Enforced hospital safety policies and procedures for staff, patients, visitors, and contracted personnel.
- Coordinated with police to ensure the protection of persons and property within the hospital campus during patient releases.
- Provided personal security for CEO by patrolling assigned area of responsibility; recognized by Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings.
- Received recognition from Vice President for exceptional judgment demonstrated in high threat situations; effectively diffused several potentially dangerous occurrences via patient processing approachable manner.
Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 8
- Received November 2012 Employee of the Month award.
- Proficient in Spanish and German, which has enabled coordination with international authorities during emergencies.
- Trained in customer service for proper handling of grievances/forms of complaints from both patients and family members to ensure satisfaction.
- Skilled in peacekeeping, conflict resolution, verbal judo, pepper spray, baton usage, handcuffs, firearms training (M-9), report writing, inmate management system.
- An expert at following protocols when working under pressure to handle any situation that may arise while maintaining composure throughout all encounters.
Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 9
- Maintained a heightened awareness of security issues and helped resolve problems quickly.
- Promoted to management position for providing comprehensive training to new hires.
- Achieved certification in hand-to-hand combat, pepper spray, baton, handcuffs, and firearms.
- Certified in emergency vehicle operations and CPR procedures during initial training.
- Trained over 100 men in law enforcement tactics while maintaining core values of honor and integrity.
Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 10
- Trained fellow officers in the use of firearms, batons, pepper spray, and Tasers.
- Implemented multiple martial arts programs for both children and adults to improve awareness of safety, concentration, discipline, and integrity.
- Monitored activity within hospital building; enforced regulations concerning patient care procedures.
- Provided effective assistance during emergency situations requiring crisis management via the service of psychiatric patients; prompted positive results among high risk cases.
- Prevented possible injury by controlling several aggressive male individuals who caused disturbance through verbal argumentation.
Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 11
- Successfully trained 18 new hires on proper use of law enforcement equipment.
- Performed shift work for 8 hours daily, worked 3 weekends annually; recognized for many years of outstanding attendance record.
- Trained two new employees on compliance with all NIMS (National Incident Management System) and preparedness requirements.
- Mentored 22 junior security officers in effective leadership while promoting personal growth opportunities across the department.
- Received positive feedback from local community regarding professional conduct while reducing fear and stress levels based upon proactive approach to problem solving.
Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 12
- Maintained records of all activity within the assigned area.
- Implemented new policies and procedures which increased the number of people who voluntarily surrendered dangerous weapons, issued emergency treatment for injuries inflicted during altercations, fights, or domestic disputes.
- Launched an investigation to determine how a weapon was smuggled into the secured area; identified six suspects who are now under surveillance by federal agents.
- Successfully handled over 70 customer service calls, including fender benders, lost items, lost children, or invalid parking permits without filing charges or making arrests.
- Responded to 13 medical emergencies requiring CPR certification; prevented fatalities by using defibrillators until EMS arrived on site.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Hospital Security Officer Resume Samples
- Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 1
- Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 2
- Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 3
- Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 4
- Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 5
- Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 6
- Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 7
- Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 8
- Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 9
- Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 10
- Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 11
- Hospital Security Officer Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up