A guest room attendant provides room cleaning and turnover services for hotels, motels, travel lodges and resorts. Duties performed by a guest room attendant include vacuuming carpets, changing bed sheets, washing laundry, cleaning restrooms, restocking essentials such as soap and shampoo, sanitizing surfaces, and ensuring guest satisfaction.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Guest Room Attendant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Guest Room Attendant resumes for your reference.
Guest Room Attendant Resume Sample 1
- Achieved excellence in guest service by recognizing the needs of guests and providing excellent customer service.
- Achieved excellence in guest service by maintaining high standards of quality in a clean and orderly environment.
- Recognized outstanding performance by the Region Manager, taking on additional duties such as quality control and ensuring that hotel standards were being maintained.
- Collaborated with management to create an operating plan which fit the hotels’ high standards from a cost-effective perspective.
- Demonstrated integrity, problem solving skills and dedication throughout my career, even when I was out on maternity leave for four months with twins.
Guest Room Attendant Resume Sample 2
- Handled guest requests; provided courteous and prompt service in a timely manner.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively communicated with management and crew regarding room maintenance.
- Achieved award for superior knowledge on restaurant opening procedures.
- Recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding customer service; responded to guest requests in a timely manner.
- Earned appreciation as a call monitoring Superstar; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
Guest Room Attendant Resume Sample 3
- Served as Guest Room Attendant and monitored door times.
- Recognized for a quality award for exceeding expectations.
- Resolved patron complaints through consultation with management.
- Resolved guest complaints on the spot and reported to management the cause of concerns.
- Recognized for outstanding customer service; received an excellent rating from guests as well as supervisors, who observed exceptional customer service skills demonstrated by the employee.
Guest Room Attendant Resume Sample 4
- Provided fast and efficient service to upper management.
- Developed customer-focused training program for new employees to ensure exemplary guest services.
- Submitted proposal for a cost saving initiative resulting in approved changes to implementation schedule; savings in excess of 10 percent annually to company’s bottom line.
- Received award for outstanding performance and making a significant contribution to the Hospitality Industry.
- Managed a budget exceeding 25 million dollars with over 50 employees within an assigned budget.
Guest Room Attendant Resume Sample 5
- Effectively ran the front check-in area; efficiently screened and scheduled guests.
- Saved the organization one million dollars by finding a way to reduce cost of guest room reservations by 2 percent.
- Received outstanding service award; effectively delegated responsibilities while maintaining excellent customer service scores.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively solved problems caused by the lack of support staff during the Holiday season.
- Completed departmental training for new employees and received outstanding quality award for providing great customer service to guests.
Guest Room Attendant Resume Sample 6
- Helped to ensure guests feel special by providing them with a wonderful experience. Maintained clean and orderly environment while ensuring guest’s needs were met.
- Achieved award for Top Employee of the Quarter; provided exceptional customer service to all guests.
- Conducted thorough research of hotel industry and acquired vast knowledge of floor plans, room layouts, hotel operations, and operational procedures.
- Saved the hotel an estimated $500 in paper costs by printing direct printer on quality paper that was durable, reusable and cost effective.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality; effectively implemented policies regarding room service and guest satisfaction reports in effort to gain maximum customer satisfaction.
Guest Room Attendant Resume Sample 7
- Developed a unique program to generate new source of revenue, which more than doubled profitability.
- Consolidated the gift shop and gift kiosk into one location, which has led to an increase in sales by 30% for the last month.
- Ensured high level of customer service was maintained by consistently completing daily tasks and supporting other areas when needed.
- Achieved award for excellent customer service; provided assistance to patients, families and hospital staff nurses, physicians and other patients.
- Preserved quality by training new employees on proper procedures.
Guest Room Attendant Resume Sample 8
- Performed as a front desk personality, greeting visitors, and assisting visitors with directions.
- Provided excellent customer service while maintaining adherence to policies and procedures while adhering to the hotels’ guidelines regarding customer satisfaction, cleanliness, and professionalism.
- Promoted the company by attending guest functions and meeting new guests.
- Received award for excellent customer service; performed consulting duties for the areas of hospitality training, housekeeping/overtime minimums, customer specific needs during hospitality training events.
- Maintained guest satisfaction scores over 90% by effectively teaching hotel staff new policies and procedures.
Guest Room Attendant Resume Sample 9
- Determined the needs of patients and families; efficiently assisted patients and families with their stay to ensure prompt, courteous service.
- Provided assistance in obtaining special equipment for facility guests; expedited delivery of equipment and supplies requested by staff members.
- Successfully performed departmental inventories; documented all purchases, sales, assets, and liabilities according to hospital guidelines.
- Achieved award for exceptional customer service; welcomed all guests by graciously providing directions, answering questions regarding facility amenities, and referring them to on-site personnel.
- Received outstanding quality award from patients who were surveyed regarding their satisfaction with the guest orientation program.
Guest Room Attendant Resume Sample 10
- Observed and followed housekeeping standards and procedures to ensure rooms were checked daily, linens were in order, rooms were cleaned thoroughly, and trash was removed from guest rooms.
- Recalled guest preferences (i.e. “do not disturb,” special requests) and delivered requested services; this included responding to requests for special meals made by guests with food allergies or dietary restrictions.
- Complemented over-the-top service by assisting guests with their luggage and offering assistance as needed; even offered assistance to elderly/disabled guests on occasion.
- Recognized by supervisors with an award for cleaning an unused guest room in a timely manner while another housekeeper was off work.
- Achieved top-of-the-class status in housekeeping school, resulting in opportunities to gain more experience and take on extra shifts.
Guest Room Attendant Resume Sample 11
- Assisted guests with retrieving items from guest rooms; greeted guests in a friendly and professional manner, answered any questions asked, and provided easy to read directions to various locations within the facility.
- Achieved award for customer service excellence; consistently delivered superior customer service while maintaining a winning attitude.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively addressed guests’ requests while adhering to hotel policy guidelines.
- Received unpaid time-off award; brought genuine enthusiasm and professionalism to the job.
- Recognized by management for superior customer service performance; performed duties with professionalism throughout the duration of their contract.
Guest Room Attendant Resume Sample 12
- Endeavored to perform the following duties in a timely and professional manner: set dining table, remove dirty dishes and silverware, dust, sweep and clean kitchen, keep supplies organized and clean.
- Received excellent rating from customer survey from guests who stayed at the hotel.
- Recipient of outstanding customer service award; ranked highest among all employees in regards to customer satisfaction.
- Achieved outstanding quality awards for all services provided in hotel kitchen, housekeeping department and guest room department.
- Received employee of the month award; recognized by management for exceptional dedication and a great attitude.
Guest Room Attendant Resume Sample 13
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the guest rooms, laundered bedding and towels, change linens, and made-up beds. Utilized cleaning products and resources to keep room immaculate. Solved guest related issues by obtaining support from Management Team/Supervisors/Training staff.
- Trained new employees on how to use proper procedures; also conducted monthly training classes on how to properly care for guests. Used new employees as teaching aids to assist with training other employees.
- Completed a 5 day Certified Guest Room Attendant (CGR) course at area trade school; obtained CGR certification from Hilton Development Center .
- Managed and trained entire department at full service hotel. Recognized for outstanding performance; contributed to first-place win of Employee of the Month during month of May.
- Frequently promoted by Management Team/Supervisors/Training staff as a top employee due to overall job performance.
There are no educational requirements to become a guest room attendant. Some of the necessary skills needed can include knowledge of hand tools and cleaning supplies, honesty, attention to detail, cleanliness, communication skills, ability to work long hours without sitting, and the ability to work quickly and unsupervised.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.