Foster Care Case Managers are responsible for placing children in appropriate foster homes for a certain period of time. Duties include interviewing potential foster parents, assessing risk and safety concerns for children and foster parents, developing case reports for each child, monitor children’s placement, attend and testify at court hearings, and ensure all needs are met by the foster family.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Foster Care Case Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Foster Care Case Manager resumes for your reference.
Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 1
- Managed telephone calls, mail, and client resources to reduce caseloads for assigned children in the care of the state.
- Created success stories by providing long term stability with siblings to youth transitioning out of foster care; recognized by Administration as Exemplary Foster Care Case Manager.
- Recruited community support through organizations such as Rotary Club and Chamber of Commerce.
- Provided court testimony during hearings to determine placement of children within the foster care system; won cases 100% of time.
- Collaborated with State legislators on initiatives that benefit Texas’ at-risk youth, including creating new laws for abused or neglected children who are adopted before their first birthday.
Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 2
- Authored legal reports on the status of foster children for youth court cases.
- Aided efforts to maintain safe, stable homes for children in care through advocacy and counseling services provided to parents/caretakers.
- Engaged social work best practices including collaboration with public and private agencies, tribes, attorneys, legislators, community volunteers, families and other stakeholders.
- Improved case management by recommending policy changes that would shift focus from relaying information between parties to providing comprehensive assessment of evidence-based practice for safety planning regarding child safety issues.
- Presented at an annual conference about the effects of trauma on at-risk populations; received award acknowledging outstanding performance as a presenter.
Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 3
- Provided intensive in-home therapy to the children of abusive parents with a focus on behavioral, emotional, and academic deficits.
- Implemented strategies for coping, stress management, anger control, social skills training with children who were developmentally delayed or intellectually impaired.
- Collaborated with teachers and school staff to meet individualized goals for children by facilitating their transition from out-of-home placements back into public school settings.
- Supervised visits between parents and children in accordance with child protection policy during time that parents had been court ordered to receive pre-trial services.
- Eliminated crisis scenarios through strategic planning and proper implementation developing effective treatment plans for adults diagnosed with mental illness, including Substance Use Disorders (alcohol) and Personality Disorders (Borderline).
Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 4
- Provided weekly case management services to 20 children, including supervision of doctors’ appointments and all daily living activities.
- Developed positive relationships with parents, extended families, foster parents, and birth siblings; often served as the liaison at Family Court hearings for temporary custody transfers.
- Secure new housing leases for families on a six-month waiting list through resourceful telephone interviews, including communicating with landlords directly about their rental policies.
- Effectively created individualized treatment plans while adhering to agency guidelines regarding medication adherence; worked with community partners to provide assistance in securing government assistance (i.e.: Social Security disability benefits).
- Successfully led Foster Care Support Group for 10 months, providing emotional support to foster teens, birth parents, and foster families.
Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 5
- Outstanding performance in case management, demonstrated by exceeding state required monthly production goals for over 8 consecutive months.
- Developed new tools to support clients’ services while working on a long-term goal to use ICT to increase program accountability and transparency through the use of online applications and portals.
- Keen ability to analyze data and information; examined trends and patterns that affected service delivery.
- Assessed services that were available to clients and balanced level of resources with need in order to coordinate with other service providers.
- Chose a new career direction after exploring options for advancement in my current position, realizing the limits of my personal skill set and choosing not to pursue Ph.D. degree.
Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 6
- Provided case management services to foster children, including assistance with school enrollment, Medicaid applications, and housing arrangement.
- Actively participated in the launching of a State-wide foster care support group; demonstrated commitment to social justice by raising funds for underprivileged children with medical needs.
- Engaged in educational outreach programs through local television program on health issues affecting children; increased awareness about childhood obesity and diabetes risk factors.
- Directed community volunteers at annual fundraiser event to promote philanthropic activities for disadvantaged youth; coordinated with service agencies sponsoring events at parks.
- Commented on timely legal news developments on community radio station related to child welfare issues by hosting radio talk show “Buy One Child One Tree”; raised funds for nonprofit organizations.
Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 7
- Collaborate with foster parents, case managers, and social workers to ensure their children are active in school, have food on the table, and love.
- Developed goal-oriented family reunification plans that specifically describe measurable benchmarks for reintegration of a child into his or her biological parent’s home.
- Negotiated with the State Attorney General to reduce length of stay for three infants who were not legally eligible for public benefits until age two.
- Earned respect as an advocate by being deputized to assist law enforcement during investigations of cases involving child abuse.
- Presented findings from psychological assessment at court proceedings resulting in positive outcomes for clients’ children.
Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 8
- Connected employment support prospects with prospective employers for a percentage of the wages to be earned.
- Directed children in a musical production, The Wizard of Oz, while promoting social education and community service.
- Documented cases involving misconduct or neglect for consideration by child welfare offices for legal redress.
- Implemented reasonable accommodations to foster parents from an LTD company to improve level of care provided without additional compensation from the state.
- Resolved disciplinary issues with minors by counseling families on self-defense tactics that did not involve physical altercations according to best interest standards stipulated under law.
Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 9
- Organized, coordinated, and supervised the activities of home-based child care agencies.
- Maintained equipment for foster children residing in case management facilities.
- Assisted 6 foster parents with interpreting worker’s compensation regulations regarding their rights to benefits.
- Provided respite care to families caring for a loved one at home by overseeing the daily needs of invalid family members while their legal guardians were away from home.
- Capably handled issues related to the determination of entitlement to social security disability payments by determining eligibility for over 150 applicants based on program guidelines.
Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 10
- Provided love, care, and stability to five foster children by scheduling regular check-ins at the juvenile court.
- Presented Children’s Aid Society with outstanding performance award based on exemplary case management skills.
- Coordinated services for teen moms by partnering their high school education with sexual health programs, parenting classes, job training opportunities.
- Received recognition as a child advocate for fostering 12 year old boy who had been removed from the legal guardian after being physically abused; recognized by Judge Pat Stowers in court chambers.
- Assisted parents in finding employment so they could become independent of state support systems – presented life coaching certificate to newly single mother of 4 thanks for attending sessions three months into her new job.
To work as a Foster Care Case Manager, you must have a bachelor’s degree in social work. Foster Care Case Manager must demonstrate expertise in social work, communication skills, interpersonal skills, HIPAA, fostering and adoption laws, treatment plans, and crisis intervention.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Foster Care Case Manager Resume Samples
- Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 1
- Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 2
- Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 3
- Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 4
- Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 5
- Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 6
- Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 7
- Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 8
- Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 9
- Foster Care Case Manager Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up