Data Technician is a coder or clerk that diagnose computer technical problems, collecting and retrieving data. Their duties are to assist the end-user and maintain data bases and spread sheets.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Data Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Data Technician resumes for your reference.
Data Technician Resume Sample 1
- Proficient in multiple operating systems, data formats, and data management applications.
- Maintained storage media inventories according to guidelines of the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Installed, configured, tested, maintained, upgraded, documented, backed up and secured data communication networks for both voice and digital transmissions.
- Trained eight new hires by providing orientation on tools used to perform daily tasks; recognized by Supervisor for exceptional leadership skills.
- Developed innovative solutions to network problems after detecting critical failures of hardware components; identified potential risks to security operations when software patches were implemented without appropriate testing procedures in place.
Data Technician Resume Sample 2
- Completed all tasks associated with the installation of new employees within the department to include preparing computer manuals for future reference.
- Provided SSA-level support to all SSI and SSD customers.
- Provided exceptional customer service and quality consultative advice to customers in resolving issues.
- Successfully managed a user group composed of twelve senior fellow data technicians that met biweekly to discuss data related issues, procedures, policies, etc.
- Utilized the CICS/DB2 skillset in order to troubleshoot replication problems between two data centers for a production environment with stringent requirements for performance and availability.
Data Technician Resume Sample 3
- Directed data entry process; identified and corrected errors, inspected files for conformance to standards, re-inputted incorrect records.
- Provided support for company software programs by resolving end-user problems with operating systems or other applications; documented customer concerns in the help-desk database.
- Synchronized databases; migrated MSSQL server 2005 databases, including stored procedures, triggers, views, and DTS packages from one machine to another while maintaining referential integrity.
- Improved production scheduling processes by creating new reports that pull data directly from SQL Server tables at scheduled times every night before the workweek begins.
- Ensured system availability by verifying backups worked successfully; identified failed backups and restored data to a time before the error occurred.
Data Technician Resume Sample 4
- Installed and updated software from peer-to-peer networks.
- Updated information on employee profile, updated personal email address for all employees, updated existing company data.
- Managed security protocols for company websites to ensure proper access control and maintain confidentiality of the files.
- Maintained video surveillance systems by reviewing recorded footage, investigating alarms, and taking appropriate action as required.
- Managed a team of technicians to perform various projects including configuring new servers, SANs (storage area networks), firewalls, switches, routers and cabling.
Data Technician Resume Sample 5
- Identified and reported network problem to supervisor.
- Assisted in updating software documentation including Administrator’s Guides, End-User Guides for Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure, Windows XP Professional Resource Kits.
- Installed 200 workstations at new call center location.
- Resolved customer complaints regarding computer hardware and software problems by identifying root cause of technical issues and recommending solution(s) to satisfy customers’ needs.
- Mastered ITIL v3 Service Lifecycle framework as a perform analyst; redesigned business process flowchart on knowledge management system for increased efficiency of call center support technicians.
Data Technician Resume Sample 6
- Maintained the integrity of data during migration, transfer, and backup by recovering over 100 files for each client.
- Verified system resources were available to complete scheduled jobs by reviewing systems prior to running backups.
- Diagnosed critical problems within database systems in timely fashion through research and analysis.
- Resolved client issues in a professional manner while maintaining ability to provide 24-hour support when needed.
- Provided user access support in accordance with company policies by creating/deleting accounts, resetting passwords etc.
Data Technician Resume Sample 7
- Conducted investigation into the source of network data leaks; identified security breaches for further IT action.
- Assessed, resolved and provided end-user support on hardware issues.
- Provided leadership in diagnosing PC performance problems, peripheral equipment failures, integrating upgrades to existing systems, and implementing standard software applications across all users.
- Provided support during nightly server backups; identified opportunities for process improvement resulting in increased productivity throughout IT group.
- Standardized common business applications across the company using scripting languages to increase capacity and reduce technical support time.
Data Technician Resume Sample 8
- Utilized Google Analytics to research and compile information on the top ten most visited web pages.
- Provided written reports detailing statistical performance of websites, as well as recommendations for optimization and search engine marketing strategies.
- Researched and tested new software applications which subsequently yielded an increase in site traffic.
- Optimized websites for top search engine results through keyword identification and implementation; enabling viewers to reach website more effectively.
- Identified causes of misconfiguration errors within databases and implemented solutions; increased data transmission speed by 30%.
Data Technician Resume Sample 9
- Supervised software data conversion process for AXIOS Systems resulting in a 5 times decrease in time to program updates.
- Managed the design, implementation, and troubleshooting of an inventory management system for Beloit’s desk top computers.
- Received high marks from senior managers for reporting accuracy of financial reporting system ensuring timely reporting standards are met.
- Provided 24-hour support for personal computer hardware, software installation/configuration issues via telephone, email, online chat or on-site visits.
- Dedicated work ethic that allowed task visibility with minimal supervision by consistently achieving objectives on time while exceeding expectations.
Data Technician Resume Sample 10
- Planned, organized and staged the installation of new hardware to work with existing systems.
- Assisted senior specialists in the training of staff on how to use newly acquired software; increase efficiency of schools’ operations.
- Completed projects on schedule; recognized by management for superior performance.
- Formulated strategies to alleviate entire company’s network connection issues relating to email service interruption during Hurricane Sandy.
- Managed projects related to modernization & development of electronic scanners; saved $30,000 annually through reduction in paper consumption.
Data Technician Resume Sample 11
- Installed and administered Windows XP, WordPress, and other software on customer computers.
- Deleted viruses and spyware with Avast Antivirus Scanner.
- Updated Adobe Flash Player, Java Scripts, and Internet Explorer by using the latest patches from Microsoft Security Bulletins.
- Troubleshot email delivery issues due to configuration problems or spam filter malfunctions reported by the user community.
- Enabled 52 new accounts in less than two hours; completed account creation requests for Global Data Corporation’s international clientele without error.
Data Technician Resume Sample 12
- Assigned to a project where data from various sites is being used for research and development.
- Identified errors, shortages, and incomplete evidence by examining records between different departments for accuracy and adherence to policy.
- Recruited as a team leader within the organization to train new hires; organized bi-weekly meetings with all team members.
- Recognized after completing an assignment that reduced overall costs of operation by 10%.
- Received Employee’s Choice Award; used ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
To be a Data Technician a high school diploma or GED (General Educational Development) works, future data technicians should acquire a bachelor’s or associate degree in IT or Computer science followed by an associated certification from Microsoft, Linux or cisco. Data Technicians must show case technical skills in stats, knowledge in project management, networking and operating systems and information technology, problem-solving skills, communication skills, ability to multitask, resolving and documenting issues with hardware.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.