An Environmental Protection Specialist works to reduce pollution levels in the environment. Their responsibilities include collecting test samples, performing tests, identifying threats to the environment, making presentations of findings, developing strategies to prevent pollution, and collaborating with necessary government agencies.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Environmental Protection Specialist resumes for your reference.
Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Conducted field investigations into potential environmental hazards, i.e., lead and water contamination in a variety of locations.
- Led a team of 3, including a supervisor, in the production of a pilot study on blood lead testing for schools during the preceding year.
- Derived sample size distributions for ecological studies; conceptualized and evaluated methods to determine species composition and abundance via non-invasive sampling techniques such as pitfall traps.
- Performed soil analyses, i.e., pH and analytes analysis, using various analytical instruments including XRF and ICPO WATEX systems.
- Performed analyses of soil samples from a variety of locations, i.e., aquifer recharge areas, to determine the presence or absence of contaminants including radiological and chemical contaminants.
Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Performed quick and efficient sampling and analysis to determine compliance with regulations.
- Successfully completed 40 special projects for state and federal government agencies.
- Demonstrated a commitment to quality control measures, achieving a 42% passing rate on all special projects.
- Researched a solution to a local environmental issue. Executed a project which led to the creation of a new environmental laboratory within the Department of Public Works, reducing waste disposal costs by over $50,000 per year.
- Founded a nonprofit organization for a local school district to raise awareness about environmental issues.
Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Recognized for my leadership development by serving as a team leader, direct report, and subject matter expert.
- Implemented an aggressive EHS program that monitored environmental, fire, and security regulations and was able to provide documentation supporting how we met these regulations.
- Accomplished the work I was assigned to do in a timely and effective manner while maintaining attention to detail concerning documentation of the work.
- Performed duties in accordance with regulatory requirements; monitored environmental regulations ensuring compliance with Federal guidelines.
- Developed positive working relationships with various individuals involved in the project to ensure effective communication and team-building strategies.
Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Overcame obstacles to perform the duties of a Senior Manager. Resolved employee concerns and acquired increased employee efficiency.
- Ensured compliance with environmental regulations. Reduced the company’s risk for non-compliance.
- Planned, organized, and supervised the implementation of an emergency response program resulting in a reduction in potential liability to the Company.
- Achieved top performance rating in coordinating between governmental agencies for a major transportation project resulting in substantial savings for the Company.
- Recipient of the Annual Safety Award; developed environmentally safe work practices at all job sites, reduced cost to Company by 35%.
Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Able to recruit and train new employees in techniques and procedures for complying with regulations and policies.
- Successfully maintained and upgraded records documenting environmental protection programs.
- Increased analytical abilities for reviewing, organizing, and evaluating data to determine appropriate controls, measure program effectiveness, and implement corrective action.
- Proactively obtained additional training on new regulations which were affecting the organization’s ability to comply with environmental protection programs.
- Demonstrated ongoing team leadership by developing effective communication strategies for effective communication between management/employees/clients/creditors.
Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Performed well in all aspects of the job; consistently achieved exceptional results, and therefore, has been rewarded with an award and promotion.
- Established a successful record of taking initiative; demonstrated historical accomplishments in the areas of writing and editing.
- Served as a role model for coworkers by demonstrating high levels of professionalism, discretion, and effectiveness within the field.
Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Achieved award for exceeding sales goals by 20% percent while curbing project time deadlines.
- Ranked 8th in sales while directing a new research and development division.
- Earned praise from upper management for aiding a client with a complex patent, while achieving a 129% increase in new accounts.
- Received an appreciation award from the Governor of the State of California for directing the successful implementation of a program that provided customers with up-to-date information on hazardous waste removal services.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for Environmental Protection Specialist services.
Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Responsible for testing water, soil, and air samples from a variety of locations including manufacturing plants, airports, marine terminals, and various other locations. Provided results to clients with training on proper handling of hazardous materials.
- Led a team of two scientists in the research and development of testing procedures to determine toxicity levels in waterways. Researched procedures for water testing for a marine terminal that supplied raw materials to a chemical plant. Developed a system for providing continuous monitoring of water quality from groundwater wells at the site.
- Provided support as Acting Team Lead during an emergency situation regarding hazardous waste. Collaborated with client to conduct extensive tests on water quality.
- Collaborated with other scientists in the formulation of a sample analysis report for a client.
- Achieved award from the company for excellent performance and safety record while maintaining safety training records.
Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Worked on a contract for a major manufacturing company conducting wastewater treatment studies at an industrial site located in Florida utilizing field-based methods. Worked on-site as well as off-site conducting sampling, analysis, wastewater baseline data gathering, soil/water sampling of areas surrounding the treatment area, monitoring of treated effluent going back into natural waterways.
- Helped our client obtain quality assurance reports for environmental compliance. Conducted a baseline study utilizing a survey design to determine the quality of stormwater runoff from several industrial areas leading to protected surface waters.
- Helped our client obtain quality assurance reports for environmental compliance. Conducted a baseline study utilizing a survey design to determine the quality of stormwater runoff from five industrial areas located in Florida.
Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Effectively used sampling techniques to determine concentrations of pollutants.
- Conducted data analysis using statistical software; identified trends in air quality, water quality, soil quality, and visibility.
- Created reports documenting data analysis.
- Met with Federal Agency representatives to determine the long-term impacts of a proposed pesticide application on groundwater.
- Effectively presented findings to stakeholders according to environmental compliance guidelines and codes of professional conduct.
Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Performed various duties including but not limited to sampling, testing, analyzing, and reporting on water, soils, or other environmental samples.
- Identified potential hazards for the protection of the campus and maintained records of these findings.
- Conducted regular tests for contaminants in support of Food & Drug Administration guidelines.
- Selected appropriate methodologies for monitoring the campus environment while performing required regulatory compliance testing.
- Performed hazardous waste clean-up after small spills and leaks; minimized risks to employees and the general surroundings by assisting with clean-up.
Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 12
- Completed postdoctoral fellowship at the University of California, Berkeley, Department of Environmental Science & Policy.
- Promoted environmental awareness among students through presentations and community outreach initiatives.
- Served as a cadet officer in the Reserves for 11 years.
- Educated local youth about environmental issues.
- Served on the board of directors for multiple environmental service organizations.
Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 13
- Achieved Outstanding Peer Review on environmental assessment reports.
- Achieved Outstanding Performance on Site Assessments.
- Achieved Outstanding Performance on Continual Improvement Application for Superfund Sites.
- Achieved Outstanding Performance on Site Assessments due to the evaluation of an area.
- Achieved Outstanding Peer Review on Environmental Assessment Reports due to data collected, investigation of site issues, and the evaluation of proposed solutions.
To become an Environmental Protection Specialist, you need at least a bachelor’s degree in environmental science or a related field. An Environmental Protection Specialist must be analytical, must be diligent, must be adaptable, must have excellent documenting skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be detail-oriented, and must be an expert in environmental science.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Samples
- Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 12
- Environmental Protection Specialist Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up