English Lecturers teach and help students in writing, English, and literature, in a community college or at the university. Their duties include providing advice to students, preparing assignments for students, delivering lectures to students, classroom management, maintaining discipline in the classroom, and evaluating student homework assignments.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best English Lecturer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real English Lecturer resumes for your reference.
English Lecturer Resume Sample 1
- Introduced and disseminated the latest in English education, literature, and pedagogy to over 500 students at a national university.
- Recipient of Best Lecturer award; presented self-initiated lectures on Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales and James Joyce’s Ulysses .
- Supervised the creation of promotion materials for local elementary schools while publishing articles about children’s literature.
- Developed an online forum for discussion participants who share interests in 20th century writing, literary theory, and critical methodologies.
- Trained novice instructors to instruct basic English composition courses prior to accepting a faculty position at another institution.
English Lecturer Resume Sample 2
- Implemented a new approach to the curriculum in order to emphasize writing and critical thinking skills.
- Revised syllabi, designed course objectives, and selected texts for three courses in Modern English Grammar, American Literature 1865-1914, and British Literature from Chaucer through Blake.
- Authored articles that appeared in The Teacher Educator Journal , The Bulletin of Teaching Excellence , and Voices .
- Provided leadership for improvement of instruction by establishing professional development task force within department.
- Encouraged international interest from students by spearheading a trip to Oxford University during a summer study abroad program.
English Lecturer Resume Sample 3
- Instructed English in the classroom, in the lab, and online; successfully garnered improvements in student retention rates (3%) and pass rates for departmental exit exams (77%).
- Coordinated fifteen adjunct faculty members in teaching composition courses in an alternative learning center; enhanced student understanding of academic writing.
- Authored a new generic writing course module focused on communication research to increase faculty awareness of effective communication strategies.
- Authorized two new generic writing courses focused on communication strategies that were accepted by administration as part of composition renewal plan.
- Conducted over ten graduate seminars on professional communication topics including argumentative discourse, rhetoric, small group communication, multicultural communication, and informative/explanatory discourse.
English Lecturer Resume Sample 4
- Entered and advanced in international competition 15 times (6 gold, 4 silver, 5 bronze) and won 1st place gold medal at World Championships.
- Developed a complete set of training equipment to enhance the quality of practice for both children and adults.
- Spearheaded fundraiser selling English-language t-shirts as part of international literacy campaign to raise $2400USD.
- Outstanding Defense Against Takedowns award; successfully defended against 100% takedown attempts during training session with national team members every week for six months.
- Promoted youth leadership and global community awareness by teaching students at local elementary school about English culture through an interactive presentation about the influence of Shakespeare on contemporary culture.
English Lecturer Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills delivering Power Point lectures, directing plays, and leading seminars.
- Delivered presentations to promote an understanding of literature through drama or creative hyperbole.
- Developed syllabus using technology with online worksheets, quizzes, essays, discussion topics, and videos for upcoming English curricula.
- Expanded general knowledge on British Literature by completing a series of evening classes with honors at Oxford University in London.
- Wrote chapter summaries as literary papers introducing the main character development and thematic significance of each class book selection.
English Lecturer Resume Sample 6
- Taught full-time at 3 different schools with an average class size of 10 students.
- Improved student comprehension by teaching critical analysis, creative thinking, composition skills, literature lessons, and application of language learning to everyday life.
- Received two consecutive awards for Excellent Performance from the Department Head after being nominated by several students.
- Earned certification in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) while serving as a visiting lecturer in China.
- Published research studies on education methods which revealed new pedagogical practices that will enhance present classroom instruction; published article featured in “Beijing Review” magazine.
English Lecturer Resume Sample 7
- Conducive to students’ learning by providing attentive and personalized instruction in an interactive environment.
- Challenged gifted students to become independent thinkers, self-motivated individuals who consider others in their decisions.
- Guided the organization of student leadership conferences for high school juniors and seniors during which they communicated academic topics through performance art.
- Developed professional relationships with educators when leading seminars for English teachers at workshops devoted to maximizing classroom instruction.
- Influenced students’ understanding of world events by teaching English literature that paralleled history, social studies, and current events curricula.
English Lecturer Resume Sample 8
- Provided more than 2,000 hours of instruction in English conversation to students of diverse backgrounds.
- Provided written feedback on English essays written by students.
- Developed digital videos to increase English vocabulary among elementary school children.
- Increased student’s interest in foreign cultures through lessons about holidays, festivals, and traditions of countries while promoting cultural understanding.
- Gained increased awareness of daily life in China after promotional trip to Beijing for summer program abroad.
English Lecturer Resume Sample 9
- Received the Excellence in Teaching Award for all-time highest student evaluation scores.
- Administered and graded over 100 wrote tests; typed repeated editions of test banks.
- Developed original curriculum on cultural anthropology topics such as animal symbolism, social status, and migrations of early humans based on cave paintings, fossils, and artifacts from archaeological digs.
- Authored articles published in national magazines that were read by millions of English students internationally; one article was awarded three awards including “Best Article of the Year.”
- Presented at several international conferences on English education and literature courses about new culture-based textbooks, interdisciplinary courses for world, and methods to foster study abroad.
English Lecturer Resume Sample 10
- Instructed students in group and individual English language development.
- Taught ESL grammar, pronunciation, and comprehension to international students from the Middle East, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa and Asia.
- Introduced digital instruction by configuring a large-screen LCD projector with classroom computers to stream video lectures for K-12 English courses.
- Provided individualized and small group tutoring through scheduled meetings with special needs learners at their homes or libraries.
- Partnered with an online education company to design and launch a Master’s program in Education Supervision.
English Lecturer Resume Sample 11
- Prepped students with written exercises, presentations, oral exams, and discussion board posts.
- Introduced the “New Earth Poetry Series” during which I read poetry aloud at events on campus.
- Presented workshops entitled “Reading Poetry Aloud”, “Poetic Language”, and “The Poetics of Healing”.
- Developed an extensive reading list for my literature courses (e.g., American Literature Survey).
- Fostered learning through corrective feedback, ensuring that all written work was polished before submission to ensure high grades.
English Lecturer Resume Sample 12
- Exceeded the school’s annual growth targets by 49% in student numbers; recognized for excellence by the board of directors.
- Turned around failing course evaluations to achieve bonuses at college; centralize departmental budget with savings on operational costs.
- Pioneered new subjects and encouraged independent research, which resulted in publications of 19 peer-reviewed journals.
- Contributed 7 chapters to 4 textbooks, 5 articles published in international refereed journals, 2 encyclopedia entries, 20 conference papers delivered, and 16 awards received.
- Identified an emerging trend that led to new courses on online tutoring while developing students’ career awareness through careers talks by professionals at local companies.
To work as an English Lecturer, you must earn a bachelor’s degree in English or American Literature or an English Teacher Certificate there is two other certification The National Board and CertificationThe American Board for Certification of Teacher Excellence English Lecturers must demonstrate writing, critical thinking, creativity, communication, organization, planning, and patience skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.