Directors of Development focus on raising capital for a company. Their duties include creating relationship strategies, growing current relationships, making and presenting reports, mentoring a Regional Development Manager, supporting fundraisers, and managing communication between a company and it’s relationships.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Director Of Development Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Director Of Development resumes for your reference.
Director of Development Resume Sample 1
- Achieved over ten million dollars in long range fundraising revenue during tenure as director of development.
- Oversaw the programming process through detailed timeline production each semester; ensured events were programmed based on student interest and availability of facilities.
- Administered bookstore business by processing requisitions, inventory control, purchases, sales receipts/payments, daily cashiering function.
- Pioneered the creation of a unique fitness center with state-of-the art equipment to accentuate student fitness. Implemented effective advertising campaigns to increase awareness among students and the community.
Director of Development Resume Sample 2
- Managed an operating fund in excess of $2.5 million to supplement endowment income and pay research, equipment, and other program costs.
- Identified 80 benefactors whose gifts totaled in excess of $12 million in the last fiscal year (awarded foundation’s highest honor).
- Modernized development department by implementing new fundraising software, securing matching gifts from over 70 corporations, and increasing donor retention by 10%.
- Trained 16 junior staff members while initiating a training curriculum for senior staff members.
- Recruited 25 volunteers who contributed 1,300 hours during annual giving campaign; increased effort visibility by being interviewed on local radio station about benefits to community-at-large.
Director of Development Resume Sample 3
- Lead the development and execution of a successful development program as key to increasing revenues.
- Defined standards for tracking progress and accountability for fund-raising teams nationwide; soliciting donations from corporations, foundations, and individuals, including high profile celebrities and influential political leaders worldwide.
- Guided over $5 million in contributions to education programs worldwide through effective collaboration with governments, foundations, and business entities.
- Provided leadership to develop corporate partnerships; identified potential corporate partners for corporate sponsorship opportunities totaling over $12 million.
- Maintained an exceptional track record of funding results through proactive networking skills; developed relationships with senior level executives by providing information on the impact of programs funded.
Director of Development Resume Sample 4
- Led development campaign that raised $2,000,000 over 18 months.
- Collaborated on donor acquisition by securing two major gifts in six-figure range after only 6 months of employment.
- Gained appreciation for leadership and management during successful implementation of new account management system.
- Provided excellent customer service to internal and external clients; received commendations from employees and customers alike.
- Built rapport with donors through step-up marketing plan; significantly increased revenue by 15% over one year period.
Director of Development Resume Sample 5
- Provided leadership and direction to staff of 10+ employees during annual fundraising campaign.
- Implemented new organizational strategy by developing a campaign, which successfully raised $1M in new endowments.
- Directed the process of hiring internship coordinators; hired three full-time employees, trained them in all event planning, sponsorship development, and revenue generation skills necessary for success within six months.
- Launched “Gift Planning & Philanthropy” department; created educational seminars to raise awareness about estate planning among various donors throughout community.
- Improved donor retention rate through advanced direct mail program; raised average annual giving per household almost 6% by creating more personalized letters based on donors’ previous donations.
Director of Development Resume Sample 6
- Oversaw development of over $20 million in funding for business expansion.
- Spearheaded renovation projects that increased company revenue by 50% each year over a three-year period, resulting in an annual growth rate of 30%.
- Spearheaded the establishment of over 15 new divisions in five countries.
- Introduced the use of automated software in donor acquisition and granting systems to increase productivity by 100%, while decreasing costs by 40%.
- Developed fundraising programs in two international locations, increasing net worth from less than $500,000 to over $12 million.
Director of Development Resume Sample 7
- Used targeted marketing strategies to identify specific prospects for funds.
- Determined programs to increase diversification of donor base in conjunction with board development committee.
- Developed plans for advancement that resulted in the implementation of a new fund raising campaign, which increased revenue by over $100,000 annually.
- Selected and cultivated key donors through personalized solicitation techniques.
- Managed design process from beginning to end resulting in production of 3-dimensional map using AutoCAD software depicting campus water drainage plan.
Director of Development Resume Sample 8
- Exceeded annual fund-raising goal by $80,000 within 6 weeks.
- Hired and trained 2 new development staff members in less than 6 months; team accomplished over 150% of their goals during the fiscal year.
- Introduced affordable luxury gated senior living community to upscale market while maintaining competitive pricing through expert financial management skills.
- Organized charitable outreach to Latino communities nationwide, successfully generating contributions totaling more than $10 million dollars.
- Delivered consistent sales while remaining profitable every month since beginning tenure while under budget for all expenses except one month which was 1/12th of total budget for year. This accomplishment resulted in bonus awarded based on company profit sharing policy.
Director of Development Resume Sample 9
- Founded and developed new office; gained 30% market share of largest companies in company’s portfolio while maintaining strong profit margins.
- Raised revenue by 15%; exceeded goals for fund raising and donations set forth by Board of Directors due to exceptional ability to communicate mission and values with prospective donors.
- Launched capital campaign; raised $10,000,000 in one year’s time through business plan development and fundraising strategies that engaged existing donors and brought on an array of new ones.
- Promoted innovation within organization; introduced quality control measures that increased branch operations staff efficiency by 20%.
- Obtained significant increase in attractiveness rating among residents surveyed regarding their knowledge of the Chamber’s services and products; carried out successful marketing campaign.
Director of Development Resume Sample 10
- Developed a self-sustaining development program to secure over $2 million in new annual revenue.
- Conceived, planned, and implemented a capital campaign that raised $1.5 million to construct a state-of-the-art tennis complex.
- Managed the development office for five years and spearheaded and coordinated multiple fundraisers and special events with budget of $70,000 – $125,000 per event.
- Planned and produced an extravagant gala that received rave reviews from donors; raised $500,000 in one evening.
- Wrote proposals that helped the university acquire six endowed scholarship funds valued at more than $750 thousand dollars.
Director of Development Resume Sample 11
- Generated over $400K in funds. Worked with board of directors to develop specific goals, measured objectives, and capital improvement plan.
- Balanced the organization’s accounts within one year of employment by 25% above budget. Produced financial statements monthly.
- Recognized for achieving 95% revenue growth in less than 6 months; managed department by 25 full-time employees.
- Developed annual budget allocating priorities without exceeding assigned budget amounts; raised funds from public sources year after year by 20%.
- Initiated new initiatives that increased revenues, gaining profit of more than expected gains while maintaining financial practices based on existing budgets.
To work as a Director of Development you must have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field. Directors of Development demonstrate an optimistic perspective, hands-on approach to their strategies, the ability to create a team, time management, accountability for their plans, active listening, and communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Director Of Development Resume Samples
- Director of Development Resume Sample 1
- Director of Development Resume Sample 2
- Director of Development Resume Sample 3
- Director of Development Resume Sample 4
- Director of Development Resume Sample 5
- Director of Development Resume Sample 6
- Director of Development Resume Sample 7
- Director of Development Resume Sample 8
- Director of Development Resume Sample 9
- Director of Development Resume Sample 10
- Director of Development Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up