VP Of Technology implements and maintains the structure of the IT department within a company. Facilitate how technology plays a role within the company, project consumer-focused relationships between the customer and the business, critically think through the company’s technical infrastructure, and develop a strategy to obtain the market’s target goals.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best VP Of Technology Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real VP Of Technology resumes for your reference.
VP of Technology Resume Sample 1
- Successfully designed, implemented, and maintained a web site with over 100,000 users. Determined site growth rates and optimum traffic levels.
- Managed software development in IT support group. Participated in the development of technical solutions to complex problems. Managed software testing process in support group with an emphasis on quality control procedures for customer satisfaction.
- Elevated user requests to upper management for resolution within 2 weeks. Coordinated implementation of enhancements to the company’s web site. Solved complex technical problems by identifying obstacles based on users’ needs and priorities, then researching alternative solutions for faster implementation.
- Trained and educated employees in the proper use of proprietary software. Supervised five developers to ensure that they produced functional code. Directed development team development for a new web site, ensuring it met all project goals and budgetary regulations.
- Consistently exceeded time and budget budgets, and increased efficiency and quality of the web site.
VP of Technology Resume Sample 2
- Promoted by merit to Vice President of Technology after six years of progressive responsibilities in the Technology Department.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance of support staff by effectively enabling employees to perform tasks related to their jobs.
- Managed the design, development, and implementation of company-wide data communications network by coordinating with vendors and technicians.
- Prototyped templates, automated processes, and eliminated redundancies within the organization’s MIS department resulting in annual cost savings of $25 million.
- Brought on board an external vendor for custom application development resulting in substantial cost savings while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
VP of Technology Resume Sample 3
- Technical leadership in the integration of an $8 Million, enterprise-wide ERP solution that reduced costs.
- Orchestrated a project to replace an aging, mainframe platform with a new service-oriented architecture.
- Managed a team of fifteen engineers who produced 130 technical papers and presentations between 1994 and 1998.
- Angered competitors by starting a search engine to change the playing field in favor of users instead of advertisers.
- Provided strategic vision for product development by integrating new technologies from other divisions while working within company guidelines.
VP of Technology Resume Sample 4
- Led team to new frontiers in technology, research, and innovation.
- Grew team by implementing successful acquisitions and growth of new markets within large corporations.
- Managed key aspects of business operations according to strict ethical guidelines.
- Received recognition for managing business strategy through cross-cultural communication; had the experience necessary to settle disputes on both sides of the Pacific or Atlantic Ocean.
- Initiated change policies that focused on industry standards for future growth; helped eliminate ineffective business practices through new programs, which benefited all team members.
VP of Technology Resume Sample 5
- Supported and implemented new computer systems, hardware and software that increased company productivity by 11% annually.
- Streamlined communication between all departments to allow for smooth project development.
- Resolved major technical issues to allow for the integration of communication technology with the financial department.
- Provided IT support services to an office of 15 people, ensuring customer satisfaction through rapid response to computer problems, mobile device servicing, and other related issues.
- Produced a comprehensive information technology plan for a subsidiary company that enhanced management reporting capabilities while reducing operating costs by over $100,000 yearly.
VP of Technology Resume Sample 6
- Facilitated the expedited process of data migration for 48 staff members following a business relocation. Resulted in staff retention rate of 100%.
- Raised company’s revenue by 45% within first year of employment, while producing a cost savings of over $8M on various software licenses.
- Experienced first hand computer hardware failure on site which resulted in an immediate loss of the companies entire data base. Successfully recovered, back-up files retrieving data 24 hours later.
- Consulted with several leadership positions to resolve multiple technical issues on behalf of employees and customers across all industries.
- Developed an innovative programming system to decentralize all database systems onto one platform.
VP of Technology Resume Sample 7
- Strategic and tactical planning, team building, and business development for a $20 million software startup.
- Consulted with key clients on strategic systems architecture and enterprise processes for a $500 million company.
- Managed the technology transition from mainframe to distributed systems for a $150 million construction enterprise.
- Provided leadership given the task of integrating an 80-system legacy application to a 90-systems SAP application for a $10 billion manufacturer.
- Met with the President of the company to discuss changing technologies and business models and how they would affect our integration project for a $1 trillion government agency.
VP of Technology Resume Sample 8
- Proficient with Microsoft products and technologies: Windows, Outlook, and Access.
- Expert in and proficient on hardware and software integration and application software development.
- Supported Java applets for functional applications across multiple platforms.
- Provided technical support on Windows NT Workstation 4.0 extensively to establish IT system standards operating as a Team Leader of two developers until 2002.
- Provided support as a Team Leader of internal Special Projects as well as managing all internal employees’ performance standards until 2004.
VP of Technology Resume Sample 9
- Admitted as a partner to 50+ small businesses as a service provider, netting over $500,000 in revenue annually.
- Created and implemented a high-traffic website, generating 1.8 million page views per year.
- Experienced as a business owner, taught as a professional speaker, and promoted other entrepreneurs through networking.
- Won two entrepreneurial awards for innovative concept and execution during corporate campus tours to 2500+ attendees.
- Ran successful business meeting program at several Fortune 500 corporations for over 150 attendees annually.
VP of Technology Resume Sample 10
- Implemented a department-wide e-mail system, generating savings of $19.5 million annually.
- Oversaw the successful transition from a PC to a Unix-based computing environment, enabling company to stay competitive in customer service and deliver better products.
- Raised productivity by 15% by subscribing to a network management software program, which automated system generating benefits analysis and usage reports.
- Achieved an increase in productivity from 14% to 32% utilizing IBM internet technology for online ordering and pricing information.
- Effectively handled customer inquiries by demonstrating superior technical skills.
VP of Technology Resume Sample 11
- Managed over 40 technicians, programmers, and engineers with a handle on technology change.
- Presented a creative way of solving a combination of computer networking problems with staff and management.
- Worked hard to ensure all personnel understood the functions of each department’s work areas. Then demonstrated how computer systems were used in the organization to support these functions.
- Set up Internet-based training modules for employees that utilizes e-learning methods. These modules are popular because they involve students in their own learning curve while providing an opportunity to interact with users outside of the classroom environment.
- Supported the company’s Internet presence by developing relationships with Internet providers ensuring that staff had access to Internet-based services.
VP of Technology Resume Sample 12
- Prevented over 150 laptops from crashing; effectively delivered quality service to customers.
- Employed limited resources in search for, and acquisition of, innovative technology.
- Developed exceptional customer relations skills through effective communication with clients, vendors, employees, and community leaders.
- Developed profitability by implementing innovative systems for making constant financial adjustments to formulas anticipating future needs.
- Recognized as one of the top 10 percent producers in annual budget by Board of Directors; contributed significant revenue during eight years at the company.
A 4-year bachelor’s degree in computer science-related fields and on the job training experience in IT management. While a master’s degree is not required most employers seek candidates with higher credentials. A Vice President of IT Must possess a clear vision, goal-oriented, confident, trustworthy, empathetic, people Skills, Strategic Thinking, and a good listener.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.