Education support specialists provide educational assistance to students with disabilities. Their main duties include overseeing the education support program within the school, providing education support to students, maintaining records of students’ progress, conducting meeting with parents for students with specific needs, researching on current education theory and working with classroom teachers in planning effective learning programs.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Education Support Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Education Support resumes for your reference.
Education Support Resume Sample 1
- Facilitated classroom instruction, developing curriculum for grades 1-8.
- Helped the school meet educational goals by supporting teachers and administrators in achieving academic excellence through presentational skills and knowledge of educational technologies.
- Oversaw student progress by administering master schedules.
- Assisted students with individualized learning education plans (ILEPs); evaluated ILEP data to identify student strengths and weaknesses; developed recommendations for meeting instructional objectives that included general education standards, grade level standards, IEP goals, courses of study, service delivery options, resource support services, transition activities appropriate for age/grade levels.
- Provided administrative support to school administrators; organized special events including conferences and workshops; prepared and distributed school announcements.
Education Support Resume Sample 2
- Managed the clerical and accounting functions of a high school; handled accounts payable, payroll, student records.
- Monitored student attendance; resolved discrepancies in students’ enrollment information to correct student records.
- Directed vendors, assessed invoices for accuracy, and initiated payment through use of Intuit QuickBooks.
- Tracked funds based on cash receipts as well as requests from other schools for drawings from their Permanent Improvement Fund accounts.
- Resolved purchasing issues with suppliers using communication skills to resolve problems expediently.
Education Support Resume Sample 3
- Preserved company confidentiality by following guidelines for handling confidential information.
- Managed multiple software programs to organize workflows and create custom reports.
- Resolved escalated customer complaints by communicating with departments. Experience includes accounts payable, receivable, collections, accounts refundable credit memos, etc.
- Achieved awards for exceeding customer service excellence standards based on feedback from customers who had contacted the help desk regarding computer problems.
- Received outstanding quality award; set up procedures to ensure that returned product was received at proper location in a timely manner according to corporate policies and procedures manual. Identified items that may be defective or misrepresented and returns for replacement or refund when necessary.
Education Support Resume Sample 4
- Provided educational support within assigned classroom by implementing lesson plans, following up on student progress, and completing administrative tasks.
- Efficiently handled all special education duties by collaborating with state agencies regarding eligibility, processing IEP forms, and communicating effectively with students’ parents.
- Processed extensive transcript requests for college-bound high school graduates in accordance to their designated deadlines through consultation, data entry, formatting documents as needed, preparing transcripts for mailing or uploading onto the high school’s website.
- Maintained exceptional organization of student records by updating files after each student contact either via phone call or meeting face to face.
- Effectively maintained equipment inventory according to established guidelines; inventoried equipment upon arrival/dep administrative and clerical support to the Department of Education; handled requests for information, arranged conferences, and assisted in filing.
Education Support Resume Sample 5
- Attended training courses that pertained to customer relations; increased knowledge of computerized word processing.
- Conducted outstanding interview for new hire candidate; gained admiration from Director of Education.
- Crafted assistance and coordination efforts in development and execution of annual Budget Report, and provided backup assistance during three budgetary fiscal crises.
- Assisted in renovation of company website; enhanced company visibility among schools nationwide through search engine optimization techniques.
- Commended by Department of Education for outstanding work in preparation and distribution of daily announcements.
Education Support Resume Sample 6
- Trained new employees to meet company standards; praised by management for increasing the efficiency of the department.
- Received customer satisfaction award; provided effective service which supported company objectives and stimulated future business opportunities.
- Provided administrative support to division director during relocation process which eventually lead to division reorganization.
- Conducted division-wide presentations on updating organizational records; recognized by divisional vice-president as an important contributor who helped strengthen their internal operations.
- Identified workflow efficiencies after conducting time studies of business operations; presented recommendations to executive committee members, received accolades from executives for identifying potential savings in operational costs.
Education Support Resume Sample 7
- Supported Headteacher and Assistant Headteachers with all aspects of school administration.
- Provided a high standard of support to the administrative team that was consistently praised by line managers.
- Consistently achieved an average result of 98% across five years as a primary school class assistant.
- Earned consistent appraisal from teachers as being instrumental in maintaining order, discipline, and morale within the classroom.
- Handled departmental budget for purchasing supplies, materials, and equipment totaling over $30,000 annually.
Education Support Resume Sample 8
- Aided students in completing daily assignments and preparing for tests by organizing study materials, locating specific information, and providing both practical and emotional support.
- Completed a three-year term as Dean of Students by increasing the level of communication between faculty, staff, parents, and students while maintaining an effective working relationship with school administrators.
- Achieved increased funding from the district budget office to purchase necessary technology.
- Improved student performance on standardized testing after developing a classroom environment that was more conducive to learning through revised teaching methods applied throughout a recently restructured curriculum.
- Managed English Language Learner records for over 80 foreign-born students while successfully managing class assignments across seven different grade levels.
Education Support Resume Sample 9
- Administered classroom instruction to children with disabilities in accordance with mandated curriculum.
- Administered IEPs for students identified as needing special assistance.
- Administered school-wide testing of every student and tracked the data received for over 200 students.
- Mentored and supervised 3 volunteers on a weekly basis, ensuring they understand and follow all policies and procedures while working directly with children.
- Provided 100% accurate data after inputting daily attendance records into computer system for 2320 elementary kids.
Education Support Resume Sample 10
- Provided exemplary support and assistance to the Director of Special Education and all staff members in their absence.
- Adhered to regulations for federal, state, district, and school programs; maintained confidentiality of applicants’ information.
- Secured confidential data through organizational systems that match authority with accountability.
- Received special praise from the Director of Special Education for developing a system that increased productivity by 50%.
- Sustained compliance to record retention requirements while ensuring safety of records during relocation process.
Education Support Resume Sample 11
- Received appreciation for effective management of office supplies, equipment, and personnel based on one year of service.
- Provided administrative support to the school superintendent by maintaining records, schedules, correspondence, and other required materials.
- Saved time and money by handling payroll via direct deposit; recognized as an Excel expert within the company.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in building corporate culture; conducted preliminary research for relocation site feasibility study.
- Enhanced performance evaluations with timely submission of accurate data for budgeting purposes; improved accuracy through use of spreadsheets to analyze large quantities of information.
Education Support Resume Sample 12
- Administered, developed, and evaluated district-wide assessment programs resulting in improved student performance.
- Implemented professional development opportunities to share instructional practices with teachers throughout the system.
- Provided support during regional athletic contests with event schedule coordination, volunteers’ arrivals/departures, championships’ preparation/takedowns.
- Streamlined district documentation processes through data entry by creating document templates that are available across all campuses for new hires.
- Organized registration process for travel teams ensuring compliance with deadlines while maintaining necessary communication between families and coaches.
Education Support Resume Sample 13
- Helped students achieve their highest potential academically by administering IEPs providing guidance and support to special needs children.
- Provided input into the development of a disciplinary policy that was presented to the Board of Education; recognized for my efforts.
- Assisted in implementation and coordination of all aspects of New Student Orientation for incoming freshmen at John F. Kennedy High School.
- Supervised daily operations, assigned duties, and resolved problems in the absence of management; helped maintain efficient schedule.
- Achieved award for self-development and dedication to school improvement through increased attendance and test scores in the English department.
To work as an education support worker, you require a bachelor’s degree in education or its equivalent and a valid state license. Education support specialists must demonstrate patience, teaching skills, organizational skills, leadership skills, creativity, confidentiality and attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Education Support Resume Samples
- Education Support Resume Sample 1
- Education Support Resume Sample 2
- Education Support Resume Sample 3
- Education Support Resume Sample 4
- Education Support Resume Sample 5
- Education Support Resume Sample 6
- Education Support Resume Sample 7
- Education Support Resume Sample 8
- Education Support Resume Sample 9
- Education Support Resume Sample 10
- Education Support Resume Sample 11
- Education Support Resume Sample 12
- Education Support Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up