A Director of Technology works in the IT industry supervising technical operations and infrastructure. Duties include managing IT employees, tracking technology, eliminating security risks, maintaining operations, maintaining systems, providing excellent customer service, strategic planning, and hiring employees.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Director Of Technology Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Director Of Technology resumes for your reference.
Director Of Technology Resume Sample 1
- Managed a network of computers within a school district, ensuring timely response to requests from the staff, faculty, and students.
- Performed computer repairs at a minimum of 50 hours per month to include free technical support on systems while also working on the supervisory team while receiving satisfactory grades in computer courses.
- Assigned all administrative duties within the district while maintaining a high level of accuracy and professionalism with minimal supervision.
- Performed all duties for 5 years with a minimum 2-hour daily commute from work site to home or office.
- Correctly installed new software and hardware with the most recent updates on every PC system within the district; successfully created scheduled tasks, scheduled backups, scheduled file replication, scheduled print jobs, scheduled data backups, and scheduled E-mail retrievals.
Director Of Technology Resume Sample 2
- Analyzed software upgrade procedures and improved system performance for the Regional IT Director.
- Planned and delivered computer training courses to all 190 employees within seven days of new system implementation.
- Trained 25 employees for a new project utilizing a temporary network during the company’s relocation from Joplin, MO to Oklahoma City.
- Calculated statistics for support of Information Technology budget requests; successfully implemented an annual savings plan of $40,000 in hardware in one year.
- Streamlined staff training in system usage, reducing costs by $10,000 annually in reduced staff training time with computer hardware upgrades.
Director Of Technology Resume Sample 3
- Created new systems to unify unclassified data sources into unified storage, reporting, and analytical systems.
- Identified outdated computer hardware and software, and provided alternative solutions to redundant technology.
- Programmed data driven logistics solutions to achieve enhanced business unit reporting, demand forecasting, resource allocation, and staff management capabilities.
- Analyzed market trends during three years of overseas international business travel. Developed strategic planning alternatives for expanding future operations.
- Conceived the implementation of a new telecommunications network linking all retired service members’ homes within the U.S., resulting in increased military contacts with governmental agencies during six months of active duty by two different branches of the U.S.
Director Of Technology Resume Sample 4
- Crafted a new accounting system from concept to implementation for a soon-to-be-publicly traded software company.
- Trained and mentored the technology staff into a cohesive unit.
- Provided initial leadership and structured the process of developing, documenting, and disseminating procedures for servicing customers over the web.
- Earned award as top helpdesk technician by providing immediate, skilled, and efficient customer service.
- Improved existing customized software by offering innovative solutions to difficult problems reported by company customers.
Director Of Technology Resume Sample 5
- Tested and evaluated computer hardware, software, safety procedures, and databases to ensure the security of the offices.
- Developed written documentation for computer environments to include documentation of all new applications.
- Set up and maintained all server environments which were distributed either locally or via LAN/WAN.
- Monitored network usage by individual staff members to ensure that they are using appropriate resource consumption according to Internet usage policies.
- Facilitated staff participation in quality assurance review effectively contributing to the online safety of all users.
Director Of Technology Resume Sample 6
- Restructured network for optimal performance, high productivity, and increased profit.
- Realized annual profit of $300,000 with specific opportunities for future growth in sales and marketing.
- Realized annual savings of $175,000 in production costs by conducting a total quality management evaluation.
- Learned how to effectively promote new products after determining consumer needs during monthly customer surveys.
- Suggested design changes that led to a more positive work environment with respect to reducing stress levels experienced by employees with heavy workload demands after conducting a team problem-solving session.
Director Of Technology Resume Sample 7
- Evaluated, purchased, and implemented five networking protocols for an office environment.
- Coordinated the addition of a 500-seat auditorium for public events, increased floor space from 8,000 to 25,000 square feet.
- Implemented a web server, a firewall server, a wireless network security solution at a new location.
- Recommended the implementation of two servers and computer workstations to seamlessly integrate global information systems within workforce project teams.
- Reduced annual telecommunications expenses from $861 to $226 by negotiating alternative service providers that reduced lines from sixteen to four.
Director Of Technology Resume Sample 8
- Managed and developed the web solutions for a variety of organization.
- Designed and implemented a web-based employee internet portal to track employee time, attendance, and accomplishments.
- Managed the implementation of a cloud-based automated payment collection system for assets on behalf of an international bank.
- Developed and managed the launch of the new website software stack, including identity management, authentication system, and access control.
- Modified software applications to adapt to emerging technologies; improved performance through new features; learned new skills; increased productivity by 20% during one year tenure.
Director Of Technology Resume Sample 9
- Designed and implemented a technical solution for a client in less than two months.
- Designed a data-warehouse application to meet the unique business needs of a client in less than six months.
- Delivered the project on time, within budget, and with exceptional quality.
- Gained acceptance into The Institute For Technology In Education (ItEd) for technology development and application.
- Identified best practices for solving problems related to big data in less than five months.
Director Of Technology Resume Sample 10
- Established network-wide standards for performance, security, and design.
- Planned, researched, and implemented new high-capacity server architecture.
- Elevated company’s overall functionality through deployment of best practices in software engineering, project management methodology, and international standards.
- Resolved technical problems that plagued the company for years; awarded employee of the quarter by the senior vice president of sales.
- Increased revenue by 20% with new state-of-the-art website design; recognized as “Manager of the Year.
Director Of Technology Resume Sample 11
- Provided on-going operational management of servers, switches, routers, firewall, VoIP phones, PBXs, wireless LANs, video cameras and recorders that connect to all branches.
- Lead successful team in migrating new technology onto existing networks by monitoring progress towards 90-day goals.
- Planned upgrade of network infrastructure to include network management of 250+ computers and new workstations with Windows 7 operating system.
- Rewrote network documentation to include the latest technologies related to wireless security issues.
- Provided on-going technical support for new server builds and equipment integration activities at branches totaling 92 locations.
Director Of Technology Resume Sample 12
- Spearheaded selection and integration of new software, hardware, and network design to enable company with streamlined efficiency.
- Implemented a new video conferencing system allowing executives to review project progress from any location.
- Assessed the strengths and weaknesses of a potential technological merger for a prospective client, including market penetration, security of information, and compatibility.
- Traveled to three countries to further company exports with international contacts from new video conferencing equipment.
- Originated a grassroots support system through fervent efforts of two area marketing directors by leveraging marketing automation software packages.
Education requirements include a bachelor’s degree in programming, computer science, or computer engineering, previous experience in the IT field is also required. Skills to succeed as a Director of Technology include a strong technical knowledge, excellent oral communication skills, excellent written communication skills, strong leadership skills, strong management skills, analytical mindset, ability to work well with others, basic math skills, and the ability to conduct budgeting and forecasting.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.