These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Design Engineer resumes for your reference.
- Designed and administrated construction of HVAC systems for high-rise residential buildings, offices, retail spaces, embassies and restaurants.
- Developed load calculations, air friction calculations, pipe friction calculations, schedules and specifications for projects in North America.
- Coordinated shop drawings, building codes, design layouts both internally with other trades and externally with clients (architects, consultants, owners).
- Administrated construction for LEED projects by preparing documentation for design and construction submissions.
- Designing of Plain gauges, plug gauges, thread gauges, taper plug gauges, width gauges etc. based on requirements of customers.
- Reverse engineering of gauges and mechanical components to achieve the highest possible accuracy.
- Developing new designs coordinating with Senior design engineers as well as customers.
- Facilitate electrical design for commercial buildings under supervision of professional engineer.
- Performed surveying of commercial buildings and inspection of existing electrical equipment, including panels/circuits breakers, wiring, lighting, light switches & electrical components; providing innovative design concepts.
- Implemented software i.e. COMcheck to ensure code compliance between lighting designs and wattage; utilized Excel to make engineering calculations.
- Drafting 2D designs of customer’s products using EnRoute for manufacturing on a Waterjet CNC machine.
- Engineering technical designs and custom solutions for industrial and consumer foam packaging.
- Analyze customer drawings and make corrections if necessary to approve for manufacturing.
- Assist the sales department, customer service and production floor with technical questions and queries.
- Working as a Junior Design Civil Engineer with Residential & Commercial building by using Staad Pro &AutoCAD software.
- Prepared Design basis report for the given projects.
- Prepared weekly and monthly progress report, timely submission for higher authority for their review and approvals.
- Helping other staff for preparing Change Orders, Cost proposals and project schedules.
- Monitored, analyzed design data to deliver highly visible analyses of client issues & presented 28 user insights using root cause analysis.
- Designed plant communication system with a proposed 1 year return cost of $52k and met the return in under 7 months.
- Development and validation of corrective actions, and engineering activities to implement production fixes using QC tools QFD, VOC, DFMEA improving marketing efficiency by 60%.
- Creating new modeling techniques for flexible valve products to improve production rate (~320 parts/hour).
- Principal Design Engineer for multiple large Unicast & Multicast Financial Extranet providers.
- Performing seamless migrations of providers from RadianzNet to BT MPLS networks.
- Designing and supporting Ultra low latency networks (i.e. BT Ultra network).
- Maintaining client relationships with head network figures in the major providers (i.e. DirectEdge, Currenex, IDC, Dow Jones, etc ).
- Provide 3nd tier technical support for BTRadianz global customer service center and customer service delivery.
- Solely responsible for new product design and development of food service equipment (2.5 million annual revenue, in the last two years growing around $500,000 annually).
- Use Photoshop/graphic arts skills daily to develop marketing to promote new products to potential and/or existing customers.
- Obtained and am responsible for the UL and ETL listing of the units.
- Highly involved with the day to day manufacturing as well as making design improvements and cost reductions whenever possible.
- Responsible for designing and developing mechanical components use inside of Automatic Transfer Switch.
- Redesigned existing Automatic Transfer Switch, created layout and detail for retrofitting.
- Performed finite element analysis on mechanical components to avoid cost expenditure.
- In charged of multiple testing and design, development of 3D CAD, fabrication of drawings, processes and assembly procedures.
- Created and revised technical documentation such as SOPs and ISOPs.
- Created and perform validation protocols and reports for new equipments.
- Managed all aspects of the DXpress Reader product and accessories including design changes, repairs, customer service, preparation.
- Oversaw maintenance and repair of company instruments and equipment such as; injection molding machine, air compressor, pouch sealer, TDI label printer, pad printer, membrane spray machine.
- Designed pressure and temperature sensing units and designs that were later patented for both commercial and military customers.
- Designed flex and rigid-flex printed circuit boards to the latest IPC specifications and designed metalized ceramic circuits for high temperature applications.
- Researched and developed the first HART (Highway Addressable Remote Transducer) sensor to outperform competitors’ model response time and temperature range.
- Project responsibilities preformed: tolerance studies, weight calculations, circuit board layout and design, cost analysis, worked closely with manufacturing, purchasing, and quality control to achieve engineering excellence.
- Using Cad and Pro-e Created assembly drawing, including bills of material and details drawing of roller belt conveyor.
- Responsible for material selection and prepared for work instructions and assembly procedure.
- Work on product development and optimization strategies that resulted in enhanced communication and design for cost strategies between development team members.