Design Engineers create and manage the development of a blueprint that details each step of production, from raw materials to completion. They will prepare assembly drawings for review, draft detailed engineering drawings and written specifications, and maintain engineering documentation. Other job duties include preparing engineering cost estimates and plans for product testing. A bachelor’s degree in engineering is required for this position, and previous experience working as a Design Engineer can be helpful.
The Best Design Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Design Engineer resumes for your reference.
- Designed and administrated the construction of HVAC systems for high-rise residential buildings, offices, retail spaces, embassies, and restaurants.
- Developed load calculations, air friction calculations, pipe friction calculations, schedules, and specifications for projects in North America.
- Coordinated shop drawings, building codes, design layouts both internally with other trades and externally with clients (architects, consultants, owners).
- Administrated construction for LEED projects by preparing documentation for design and construction submissions.
- Organized and wired industrial control systems for a major elevator manufacturer’s operations in various states.
- Designing of Plain gauges, plug gauges, thread gauges, taper plug gauges, width gauges, etc. based on requirements of customers.
- Reverse engineering of gauges and mechanical components to achieve the highest possible accuracy.
- Developing new designs coordinating with Senior design engineers as well as customers.
- Developed systems and software for the control of a distribution center, including full-to-full product changeovers to eliminate mistakes in inventory.
- Designed, installed, and tested all aspects of an integrated data network system, including hardware; integrated all hardware, software, databases; and maintained system integrity.
- Facilitate electrical design for commercial buildings under the supervision of professional engineers.
- Performed surveying of commercial buildings and inspection of existing electrical equipment, including panels/circuits breakers, wiring, lighting, light switches & electrical components; providing innovative design concepts.
- Implemented software i.e. COMcheck to ensure code compliance between lighting designs and wattage; utilized Excel to make engineering calculations.
- Designed process improvements to increase the efficiency of two businesses while simultaneously increasing productivity; conducted focus group studies on job stress and team morale.
- Knowledgeable in techniques of design and building coordination while incorporating CAD/CAM systems in the fabrication process.
- Drafting 2D designs of customer’s products using EnRoute for manufacturing on a Waterjet CNC machine.
- Engineering technical designs and custom solutions for industrial and consumer foam packaging.
- Analyze customer drawings and make corrections if necessary to approve for manufacturing.
- Assist the sales department, customer service, and production floor with technical questions and queries.
- Conceived and constructed a prototype human-powered vehicle (dubbed the Storkmobile) in three days to meet a company competition deadline.
- Working as a Junior Design Civil Engineer with Residential & Commercial building by using Staad Pro &AutoCAD software.
- Prepared Design basis report for the given projects.
- Prepared weekly and monthly progress reports, timely submission for higher authority for their review and approvals.
- Helping other staff with preparing Change Orders, Cost proposals, and project schedules.
- Designed and implemented a computerized fire detection system in the central building of a university campus, earning an award for outstanding quality.
- Monitored, analyzed design data to deliver highly visible analyses of client issues & presented 28 user insights using root cause analysis.
- Designed plant communication system with a proposed 1-year return cost of $52k and met the return in under 7 months.
- Development and validation of corrective actions, and engineering activities to implement production fixes using QC tools QFD, VOC, DFMEA improving marketing efficiency by 60%.
- Creating new modeling techniques for flexible valve products to improve production rate (~320 parts/hour).
- Developed an advanced structural analysis software package that detected structural flaws in existing buildings.
- Principal Design Engineer for multiple large Unicast & Multicast Financial Extranet providers.
- Performing seamless migrations of providers from RadianzNet to BT MPLS networks.
- Designing and supporting Ultra low latency networks (i.e. BT Ultra network).
- Maintaining client relationships with head network figures in the major providers (i.e. DirectEdge, Currenex, IDC, Dow Jones, etc ).
- Provide 3rd tier technical support for BTRadianz global customer service center and customer service delivery.
- Solely responsible for new product design and development of food service equipment (2.5 million annual revenue, in the last two years, growing around $500,000 annually).
- Use Photoshop/graphic arts skills daily to develop marketing to promote new products to potential and/or existing customers.
- Obtained and am responsible for the UL and ETL listing of the units.
- Highly involved with the day-to-day manufacturing as well as making design improvements and cost reductions whenever possible.
- Evaluated, priced, and directed the repair of over 100 damaged automobiles as part of an insurance claims office; earned letter of appreciation from local drivers association for exceptional service.
- Responsible for designing and developing mechanical components used inside of Automatic Transfer Switch.
- Redesigned existing Automatic Transfer Switch, created layout and detail for retrofitting.
- Performed finite element analysis on mechanical components to avoid cost expenditure.
- In charge of multiple testing and design, development of 3D CAD, fabrication of drawings, processes, and assembly procedures.
- Demonstrated creativity, innovation, and resourcefulness in the design of new products.
- Created and revised technical documentation such as SOPs and ISOPs.
- Created and perform validation protocols and reports for new equipment.
- Managed all aspects of the Xpress Reader product and accessories including design changes, repairs, customer service, preparation.
- Oversaw maintenance and repair of company instruments and equipment such as; injection molding machine, air compressor, pouch sealer, TDI label printer, pad printer, membrane spray machine.
- Researched, designed, and implemented new processes for increasing efficiency and reducing costs.
- Designed pressure and temperature sensing units and designs that were later patented for both commercial and military customers.
- Designed flex and rigid-flex printed circuit boards to the latest IPC specifications and designed metalized ceramic circuits for high-temperature applications.
- Researched and developed the first HART (Highway Addressable Remote Transducer) sensor to outperform competitors’ model response time and temperature range.
- Project responsibilities performed: tolerance studies, weight calculations, circuit board layout, and design, cost analysis, worked closely with manufacturing, purchasing, and quality control to achieve engineering excellence.
- Project managed the implementation of state-of-the-art equipment through major capital improvements.
- Using Cad and Pro-e Created assembly drawing, including bills of material and details drawing of roller belt conveyor.
- Responsible for material selection and prepared for work instructions and assembly procedures.
- Work on product development and optimization strategies that resulted in enhanced communication and design for cost strategies between development team members.
- Designed an award-winning prototype to revolutionize the way mankind interacts with computers.
- Developed a working model for a new product on my own time with only a shoestring budget from local resources; participated in an international competition honoring the best prototype designs deemed most likely to improve quality of life for billions of people worldwide.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.