A Walmart Cashier works in a Walmart store providing an outstanding point-of-sale customer experience. Duties include operating cash registers, greeting customers, maintaining a safe work environment, assisting customers, assisting other associates, stocking items, and handle item returns.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Walmart Cashier Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Walmart Cashier resumes for your reference.
Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 1
- Provided excellent customer service as a cashier.
- Operated computer equipment to obtain required information and verified accuracy of all entries before processing transactions.
- Acted as a liaison between customers and other staff members by assisting with inquiries and resolving complaints.
- Utilized knowledge of cultural diversity and promoted cultural sensitivity among co-workers, managers, and customers by coordinating awareness events such as National Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Achieved the highest level of customer satisfaction among similar associates based on follow-up evaluations from store managers regarding problem resolution, proper procedures, product knowledge, courtesy, speed of checkout lanes, cleanliness, privacy issues, and violations.
Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 2
- Greeted customers in a prompt and friendly manner while providing customers with courteous, fast, and efficient service.
- Managed multiple cash registers simultaneously during peak times to avoid delays even when the customer queue reached high density levels.
- Awarded for model conduct by management after catching shoplifters without causing physical injury.
- Earned $15 million worth of sales within 6 months at my location; recognized by management as top sales performer averaging $300 per day over 30 days.
- Received an excellence award recognizing superior performance for achieving a 99%+ accuracy rate on identity authentication transactions that totaled more than 10,000 daily.
Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 3
- Accurately completed 4,213 transactions while under the pressure and stress of a consistently high work volume.
- Operated cash registers and lotto machines to provide customers with an overall pleasant shopping experience while striving for zero defects.
- Recognized by management for outstanding customer service; received certificate of appreciation from store manager.
- Earned award for Outstanding Customer Satisfaction Performance (OCSP); scored above 98% on every survey taken throughout the year.
- Achieved 100% accuracy in bagging groceries, making correct change, and processing all coupons to provide customers with a quick and painless checkout process.
Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 4
- Provided quick and friendly service to customers as a member of the Walmart Cashier staff.
- Fostered new ideas for improving work processes as an active participant in Project Teams.
- Exceeded cash handling expectations by several hundred dollars through providing superior customer service, highly accurate tending, and retrieval of missing funds.
- Greeted patrons with eye contact, smile, and enthusiasm which motivated them throughout their shopping experiences at Walmart.
- Instilled confidence in management ability after hiring, training, leading, evaluating performance of twelve employees over one year period resulting in reduced turnover rate from facility-wide average.
Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 5
- Promptly and courteously assisted customers with purchases.
- Adhered to company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity during every transaction at the register.
- Cashiered for over two years; recognized as “Top Associate” in consistently maintaining high levels of performance.
- Solved moderate-to-complex problems by assessing each situation strategically; contributed to $75k+ yearly savings on shrinkage of unsellables.
- Established rapport with customers and co-workers through effective communication and listening skills.
Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 6
- Registers purchases in a quick and accurate manner utilizing Walmart Point of Sale Systems.
- Responsible for balancing cash drawer to $0.00 to store standards at the end of each shift.
- Assisted management in hiring, training, scheduling, disciplinary actions, promoting, and terminating Associates; made recommendations based on Associate’s performance.
- Recognized by management for assisting Customers with product information, resolving complaints about products or services, problem solving situations related to shopping or service experiences. Requested to assist Customers who needed special assistance due to disability or injury.
- Promoted from Cashier because of excellent customer service skills and ability to work well under pressure in stressful situations.
Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 7
- Greeted and assisted customers in a timely, friendly manner.
- Operated cash register to process sales transactions accurately while ensuring compliance with company standards for payments, refunds, and exchanges.
- Identified and provided complete customer information including name, phone number, date of purchase, order number, etc., to resolve product problems or inquiries.
- Trained fellow associates on proper operation of registers from time to time during peak periods.
- Recognized by management for outstanding service; made known that I was appreciated by my employer and fellow employees through the honor of earning “Employee of the Month” three times.
Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 8
- Recognized for outstanding performance and in-depth knowledge and service to customers in handling cash, gift cards, and in-store financing.
- Provided courteous customer service to over 3000 shoppers daily through accurate transactions using company tools such as the cash register’s scanner.
- Recruited by department manager for special assignments including beach clean up project aimed at providing beautification of neighborhood streets during summer months.
- Assisted management team with inventory control during busy holidays such as Black Friday shopping hours.
- Developed a great rapport with customers while ensuring exceptional check-out accuracy; received an award from management recognizing my accomplishments.
Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 9
- Collected customer payments after accurately inputting merchandise information into cash registers.
- Promoted to the position of Customer Service Manager-Walmart, where I trained associates on computerized register systems.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance as a cashier at Walmart’s bi-annual recognition ceremony.
- Recognized by management for excellence in cashier performance established during first year of employment prior to being promoted.
- Received employee benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance and two weeks paid vacation per year.
Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 10
- Acted as a cashier and assisted several customers to check out their items in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Assisted other departments with special projects such as inventory.
- Managed all customer complaints or concerns made during the year, resolving issues following Walmart procedures to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Promoted from part-time position to full time overnight cashier position after meeting all performance standards required by store management.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; received certificates from regional managers along with a cash reward for assisting a customer who had an accident due to lack of help at other registers.
Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 11
- Handled transactions ranging from a few dollars to over $800 in one purchase.
- Recognized for always going the extra mile by providing excellent customer service and going above and beyond the call of duty.
- In recognition of your cashiering skills, Walmart promoted you to Cash Office Assistant for three months.
- Received numerous awards from customers for being attentive, polite, conscientious, helpful, friendly, fast-moving and efficient.
- Witnessed many financial hardships during five years’ experience as a Walmart cashier helping customers get through difficult times via gift cards and layaway plans.
A High School Diploma or equivalent and previous customer service experience is preferred but not required. Skills to be successful as a Walmart Cashier include the ability to remain on your feet for prolonged periods, outstanding customer service skills, a positive attitude, strong attention to detail, the ability to multitask, basic math skills, excellent oral communication skills, ability to work under pressure, and the ability to follow direction.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Walmart Cashier Resume Samples
- Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 1
- Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 2
- Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 3
- Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 4
- Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 5
- Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 6
- Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 7
- Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 8
- Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 9
- Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 10
- Walmart Cashier Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up