Health Coaches oversee a patients health and help them to reach their goals by overseeing the overall health plan across multiple fields of medicine and tracking results. Their duties include creating a health plan and goals, tracking progress, coordinating care, providing referrals and resources, regularly checking in with patients, and maintaining records of medical care received.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Health Coach Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Health Coach resumes for your reference.
Health Coach Resume Sample 1
- Designed three weight loss programs for individuals with obesity or eating disorders.
- Directed group therapy sessions for over 300 members of the Baton Rouge Sugar Babies Club. Designed and taught weekly half-hour exercise classes.
- Equipped over 400 students with fitness equipment at five local schools. Equipped three public parks simultaneously with all-weather athletic courts.
- Equipped adults and children in the community with free basketball systems including backboards, hoops, nets, and timers; provided instruction in basketball fundamentals; coached numerous teams to state championship competition; increased local school enrollment by 300%.
- Established a Vision of Health program for local children to promote wholesome food choices, teaching consequences of poor nutrition including accidental injuries, obesity, skin conditions, orthopedic problems, and mental illness.
Health Coach Resume Sample 2
- Assisted in creating and executing healthy living seminars for health insurance providers, physicians, nurses, and hundreds of employees who attended seminars at work.
- Thoughtfully engaged in discussions with medical personnel regarding the effects of high-fat diets on obesity, heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
- Organized weight loss groups that assisted overweight individuals in losing over 50 pounds of weight among the participants.
- Actively participated in creating a curriculum to educate health care professionals on identifying patients at higher risk for Type II Diabetes. Collected data from beneficiaries that supported the implementation of a new program to encourage lifestyle change.
- Developed interactive systems to monitor heart rate, blood pressure, and other vital signs of employees.
Health Coach Resume Sample 3
- Served over 400 clients from over 100 different cultural, ethnic, and religious backgrounds.
- Developed a thriving business through referrals from personal contact.
- Designed a program to cleanse the bloodstream of Hepatitis C, which resulted in similar results in others who utilized the program.
- On-site coordinator for an international health care fair to promote health services and education.
- Fostered a sense of community among a number of people in need of medical attention through self-help groups and volunteerism.
Health Coach Resume Sample 4
- Guided and supervised the weight loss and healthy lifestyle changes of more than 20 clients over a three-year period.
- Established private sports medicine wellness coaching business, successfully receiving numerous recommendations from satisfied customers.
- Earned Master Degree in nutrition, exercise science, and health promotion in just two years with cum laude honors.
- Received “exemplary recognition” award for outstanding contribution to community outreach efforts after helping to launch a community fitness program for retirees.
- Provided a safe, friendly environment for individuals with physical disabilities while teaching wheelchair aerobics classes at the state facility.
Health Coach Resume Sample 5
- Obtained six experience hours in Medical/Dental Hygiene, and obtained an Emergency Medical Technician certificate, and a CPR certification.
- Served as a Health Coach for the City of Hampton Roads Parks and Recreation, and assisted with adult fitness programs.
- Improved his knowledge of adult fitness and health care through participation in adult fitness education programs.
- Gained employment helping senior citizens with their physical fitness needs at the Senior Health Center.
- Gained employment working with children on healthy living, character development, problem solving strategies, introduction to life science careers such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Computer Science.
Health Coach Resume Sample 6
- Trained and educated clients to take control of their health and well-being.
- Assessed and recommended medical diets, nutritional supplements, exercise regimens, and sleep schedules to improve clients’ lives.
- Resolved personal crises; counseled suicidal patients in person and by telephone for three years at a hospital emergency room.
- Formulated 35 home health care plans for patients requiring nursing assistance; coordinated medical equipment delivery with outside vendors.
- Counseled individuals on the use of assistive devices; verified efficacy of equipment for patients with paralysis injuries during physical therapy appointments.
Health Coach Resume Sample 7
- Workshopped, taught, and inspired over 50 men, women, and children in health awareness, exercise techniques, nutrition education, and coping skills.
- Demonstrated dedication to training; completed Sunday morning classes year-round.
- Practiced preventive medicine; attended 10 classes weekly during illness or injury rehabilitation.
- Invigorated over 100 men through leadership seminars; increased morale by leading games of squad building competitions.
- Promoted customer service among staff; facilitated the most successful new patient registration for five years at the clinic.
Health Coach Resume Sample 8
- Developed compliance of health programs for business, industrial, and residential facilities on the East Coast.
- Equipped corporate executives with tools to maintain healthy lifestyles rooted in weight control, stress reduction, and nutrition.
- Accomplished more than 50 personal training sessions per week under the supervision of licensed physicians at state-of-the-art facilities.
- Trained individuals with medical problems to improve heart rate recovery rates with an emphasis on disease prevention.
- Assessed personal attributes for fifteen years to achieve optimal health through nutritional counseling and mind-body awareness.
Health Coach Resume Sample 9
- Founded a successful team of doctors, therapists, and nurses who have saved lives by breaking the cycle of chronic conditions.
- Developed improved training techniques for emergency room professionals in emergency medicine and resuscitation.
- Helped to minimize hospital readmissions and healthcare cost increases.
- Increased energy and motivation through motivational speaking at conferences and corporations.
- Publicly recognized as the best health coach in my practice group due to my positive outlook, ability to build relationships with patients, and ability to listen.
Health Coach Resume Sample 10
- Educated, lead, and inspired individuals from all walks of life seeking to change lifestyle habits to create a healthy lifestyle.
- Promoted new habits, knowledge, and skills by providing information on exercise techniques, food choices, and stress management; also helped design new healthy routines for self-improvement.
- Transformed eating behavior of individuals by incorporating portion control methods to reduce caloric intake; designed diets to meet individual needs.
- Convinced potential clients of the necessity of making necessary changes in their lives; persuaded clients to make appointments for one-on-one personal coaching sessions.
- Utilized knowledge of current literature to write articles that increased awareness of healthy living through diet and exercise.
Health Coach Resume Sample 11
- Cared for health and wellness of over ten patients; promoted healthy lifestyles while preventing disease management.
- Helped establish monthly weight loss goals by monitoring nutritional intake, exercise, and medication.
- Provided occupational health care services to all employees in my department, thus increasing productivity and preventing illness.
- Decreased employee absenteeism by providing flu shots.
- Raised the standard of healthcare within my employer’s organization through training seminars for employees about health concerns.
Health Coach Resume Sample 12
- Conducted health assessment and education programs that impacted over 3,000 patients.
- Extensively traveled, lectured at seminars, operated a gym, and trained fitness instructors.
- Achieved Master’s degree in therapeutic exercise from a University, with concentration in health behavior change.
- Trained health promoters and wellness coaches to deliver quality programs building community involvement and innovative approaches to positive behavioral change.
- Built a national name as a leading nutritionist through publishing the Top 10 Weight Loss Foods eNewsletter from over 210,000 readers/subscribers worldwide.
To work as a Heath Coach you must complete bachelor’s degree in a health related field, some states require a Heath Coach Certificate, and a license may be required. Health Coaches must know lifestyle related topics, be able to handle a large number of patients, work flexible hours, be independent workers, detail oriented, and have strong communication skills, and excellent time management.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Health Coach Resume Samples
- Health Coach Resume Sample 1
- Health Coach Resume Sample 2
- Health Coach Resume Sample 3
- Health Coach Resume Sample 4
- Health Coach Resume Sample 5
- Health Coach Resume Sample 6
- Health Coach Resume Sample 7
- Health Coach Resume Sample 8
- Health Coach Resume Sample 9
- Health Coach Resume Sample 10
- Health Coach Resume Sample 11
- Health Coach Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up