Database Programmers are IT employees responsible for building and maintaining companies database programs and coding or personalization of existing databases to increase usability. Their duties include building and testing databases, technical support for program users, construction of queries to generate reports, and overseeing installation and upgrading of the software.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Database Programmer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Database Programmer resumes for your reference.
Database Programmer Resume Sample 1
- Developed database programming system for Ph.D. graduate students doing research on self-esteem development in children.
- Hand-coded WEB apps into PHP source that allow users to check their monthly bandwidth usage, request their bills, or view/print monthly statements.
- Designed specialized database creation tool enabling researchers to efficiently manipulate data within five Eclipse application suites spanning four databases.
- Troubleshot relational database problems with assistance from the project manager, fellow program/database developer, and system administrator.
- Researched secure encryption technologies for the company’s proprietary product suite implementing Lotus Notes’ electronic mail component with VPN support for offsite access for authorized personnel.
Database Programmer Resume Sample 2
- Designed, created, and maintained eight databases.
- Implemented a new system from scratch with no support from the IT department.
- Identified new system requirements based on the analysis of user behavior.
- Maintained twenty-five dbase files that were vulnerable to security breaches until decommission.
- Saved over $10,000 in implementation costs due to implementation weaknesses identified in the design phase of project implementation.
Database Programmer Resume Sample 3
- Efficiently constructed a functioning user interface, based on customer recommendations, for a first-rate financial modeling system.
- Managed multiple assignments simultaneously; analyzed and resolved problems with accuracy and efficiency.
- Streamlined information flow by developing efficient porting techniques to move data from legacy databases to current operating systems.
- Assisted in the rapid deployment of an enterprise-scale informatics system by optimizing performance through fine-tuning of SQL queries.
- Successfully implemented multi-tiered permission levels for access to sensitive information, which increased the flexibility and functionality of the application.
Database Programmer Resume Sample 4
- Developed from scratch a prototype of a relational database program in a very short period of time.
- Developed a commercial-grade application in object-oriented programming with Java.
- Designed, developed, and implemented an advanced database system for a global enterprise.
- Maintained the highest level of support as the company’s only full-time programmer.
- Co-authored an official database book with IBM corporation that is used as a training aid.
Database Programmer Resume Sample 5
- Managed all data entry, report generation, and customer account creation for a software development company.
- Transformed all digital deliverables from old platforms into new platforms to optimize customer’s software products for that of competitors.
- Trained new hires on the creation and usage of new software tools and programs to make a more effective work environment.
- Developed a timeline for testing, reviewing, and creating full lifecycle deliverables for a complex project management application.
- Created an application-specific report generator that generated over twenty-six reports at once with over twenty parameters per report.
Database Programmer Resume Sample 6
- Performed weekly quality assurance testing on a large, international customer-facing website to guarantee error-free function.
- Obtained a job in 19 days using resume and cover letter in a stated field in which I had no experience, background, or knowledge.
- Independently created code from scratch to meet the testing needs of a large financial institution.
- Successfully lead 5 other programmers in the completion of 7 web applications within 6 months.
- Enthusiastically met frequent deadlines for web applications even though work was done offsite without prior experience with the source code or technology required to complete projects.
Database Programmer Resume Sample 7
- Successfully designed, programmed, and implemented a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software program to integrate business data between Autodesk and QuickBooks; resulted in a 20% increase in productivity for day-to-day business activities.
- Developed and launched a Microsoft Word add-in that allowed the user to publish directly into Autodesk Inventor; saved 200 man-hours per year of draftsmen revisions.
- Increased revenue by providing notification module to track Internet leads; ranked #1 for customer service by Online Marketing Institute (OMI).
- Briefly worked at IBM as an enterprise application developer before joining the startup.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained systems for over 1,000 customers.
Database Programmer Resume Sample 8
- Researched and optimized semi-structured data from multiple sources by discovering hidden algorithms.
- Created new, meaningful databases with the most current technology; even created databases for data capture of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Recognized as the best Database Programmer in his discipline; developing new skills to master.
- Created master plan for further development, enhancement, and expansion of databases; gained recognition as “The Guru” of my field.
- Demonstrated excellence in content management by creating reports, forms, reports for multiple customers; served as the project manager on several critical projects that exceeded critical deadlines.
Database Programmer Resume Sample 9
- Designed and implemented database management systems to manage the financial, accounting, customer service, and inventory operations of a large computer-based company.
- Maintained and tested the databases myself; learning new techniques for performance and productivity improvement.
- Handled special projects and responsibilities; successfully devised a system that functioned efficiently without breakdowns.
- Self-learnt key concepts of object-oriented programming; can identify and solve problems using Visual Basic .NET to make coding errors less evident.
- Compiled reports on time spent completing tasks, error rates, and other statistics; calculated productivity scores based on actual work accomplished over the project duration.
Database Programmer Resume Sample 10
- Designed database programs for small businesses, achieving proficiency user-friendliness.
- Managed daily activities for government agency user databases; increased efficiency of data entry by 32%.
- Assisted in resolving technical issues; the VBA code I wrote enabled Visual Basic to process image files.
- Reduced programmer hours by 15% during the modification of tables and queries for enhanced tracking capability; saved $17,000 in programming costs.
- Restructured outsourced software applications; reduced development time by 2 months and $58,000 in charges.
Database Programmer Resume Sample 11
- Developed, implemented, and supported an Oracle 10g database application that produced a 25% increase in office efficiency.
- Established Oracle 9i database tables to track donor progress during the construction of a new hospice facility.
- Reduced database hardware requirement by 50% after discovering numerous software bugs requiring immediate correction.
- Created an Oracle 9i database for the Human Resources department that helped the company achieve record-high employment rates.
- Found an error in an Oracle 8i database application that had prevented managers from accessing quarterly reports for over two years.
Database Programmer Resume Sample 12
- Created, maintained, and supported relational databases for disaster recovery.
- Designed and implemented sophisticated query language (SQL) programs that enabled users to extract information from huge databases.
- Selected database objects by applying best practices to recognize data integrity conditions.
- Analyzed cost-versus-benefit analysis for different database access strategies, modified systems as necessary, and constructed logical queries for each system.
- Used code optimization techniques to rapidly expand the capacity of large databases.
Database Programmer Resume Sample 13
- Compiled, organized, and maintained extensive database including employee records.
- Designed the computer-based application for college attendance tracking.
- Assisted in creating a fully functional Windows-based software program for the manufacturing of high-temperature superconductive parts for power generation.
- Designed custom database functions using Visual Basic and MySQL to access, organize, and display information based on user input.
- Developed a series of technical reports that assisted in delineating test results on DOS data acquisition programs.
Database Programmer Resume Sample 14
- Programmed and developed 20 software applications and databases for individuals and corporations.
- Designed and developed a data encryption program that enforced standards on information security for a $200 million dollar company.
- Trained staff in the innovative use of new development programs, such as ETL (Extract, Transform, Load), BPM (Business Process Modeling), and GIS (Geographic Information Systems).
- Developed an adventure game used to stimulate learning skills; implemented a large-scale marketing strategy to develop a new target audience.
- Trained and mentored staff in the use of the Java, C++, and Visual Basic programming languages.
To work as a Database Programmers you need a Bachelor’s Degree in database analysis, software programming, computer science, or a related subject however employers may require a master’s degree with a concentration in information systems. Database Programers must demonstrate technical skills, computer coding, attention to detail, high level of mathematics, flexible, solutions oriented, self motivated, and deadline focused.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Database Programmer Resume Samples
- Database Programmer Resume Sample 1
- Database Programmer Resume Sample 2
- Database Programmer Resume Sample 3
- Database Programmer Resume Sample 4
- Database Programmer Resume Sample 5
- Database Programmer Resume Sample 6
- Database Programmer Resume Sample 7
- Database Programmer Resume Sample 8
- Database Programmer Resume Sample 9
- Database Programmer Resume Sample 10
- Database Programmer Resume Sample 11
- Database Programmer Resume Sample 12
- Database Programmer Resume Sample 13
- Database Programmer Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up