The Construction Administrator provides oversight to contracts and progress for projects. Their duties include managing multiple construction projects, securing contracts with clients, obtaining permits for work, managing bid proposals, providing framework for team and working directly with clients.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Construction Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Construction Administrator resumes for your reference.
Construction Administrator Resume Sample 1
- Exceeded monthly sales goals time and time again; recognized as “top sales producer” for the third quarter.
- Accomplished weekly goals of (1) responding to customer requests, (2) managing incoming calls, and (3) completing paperwork.
- Closed thirteen projects in less than two weeks through multiple methods of communication; fifteen new clients were obtained.
- Directed start-up production in a brand new construction company; managed organization, compliance with building codes, and quality control.
- Collaborated with five contractors to complete a major city-wide construction project on schedule through the group decision making and timely completion of paperwork.
Construction Administrator Resume Sample 2
- Participated in physical quality control, including pointing out architectural and building construction faults that warranted correcting at the job site.
- Supervised on-site construction administration and oversaw the coordination of vendors for general contractors.
- Recorded, updated, and requested reports from subcontractors regarding work scheduled to be completed by 1/31/89.
- Prepared time-bound bids for various projects at a rate of one bid per day in order to meet GSA contracts within required time periods.
- Directed a three-man crew, who were responsible for all aspects of construction, safety, and design issues throughout the project timeline.
Construction Administrator Resume Sample 3
- Managed a staff of forty employees responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of complex multi-phased construction projects within an industry that uses the latest in technology.
- Completed then submitted approved plans to local and county government for review for compliance with ADA requirements.
- Proactively identified potential conflicts regarding construction code issues, proposed solutions, and related problems through effective communication skills.
- Initiated and developed various purchasing systems to ensure cost effective efficiencies between contractors, suppliers and our company.
- Directed team in maintaining a safe work environment while increasing production by up 30%.
Construction Administrator Resume Sample 4
- Managed a $15,000,000 budget; oversaw all activities relating to the project.
- Recognized by the Mayor for management of a $3,000,000 multimodal transit facility and won an award from the Commissioner of Public Works.
- Managed a team of 300 individuals during the planning and construction of an emergency human care facility; conceived concept and secured funding for first of kind facility.
- Trained and managed six interns each year over three years; mentored interns to earn their certification as BIM Managers.
- Delivered customer satisfaction on budget for all projects related to Planning and Development through effective resource management.
Construction Administrator Resume Sample 5
- Organized materials and equipment to build several homes per month.
- Completed construction at least 90% of the time in completion and payment schedule.
- Created programs to increase productivity, prevent errors, and remove waste; recognized for commitment by supervisors.
- Received award for a consistently fast pace and low error rate that was recognized by management.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to job site progress reports.
Construction Administrator Resume Sample 6
- Oversaw $2.5 million nontraditional building designed to accommodate 20% more employees while utilizing 50% less floor space.
- Managed a $5 million, 120,000 square foot light manufacturing facility during construction and occupancy.
- Established successful business partnership with a vendor in order to alter building blueprints, provided product design concepts and realization during the construction phase.
- Established US Department of Veteran Affairs contract for patient tours and hospital tours utilizing tour guide services.
- Implemented company policy on pre-design review and approval of all construction agency subcontractors, resulting in reductions in the price of the job by $30,000 over the original bid.
Construction Administrator Resume Sample 7
- Processed payments for 5 major projects totaling $12 million, expediting project completion by three months.
- Maintained excellent relationship with the client through weekly meetings and conference calls.
- Formulated plan to implement improved quality control system to ensure compliance before and after construction.
- Recognized by peers as a leader in creating functional office space with an increase of 30% productivity; proposal was presented at the annual meeting of the NAHB, Cincinnati Chapter.
- Solved divisional departmental communication problem by implementing a uniform database system linking over forty employees in six different offices daily.
Construction Administrator Resume Sample 8
- Scheduled, coordinated, and implemented construction projects, consisting of more than 20 laborers.
- Monitored the budget and formulated ideas to improve efficiency and maintain profitable margins.
- Oversaw the development and installation of more than $10 million in new construction projects.
- Negotiated and administered contracts with subcontractors to ensure satisfaction with the project development timetable.
- Developed a working relationship between owner and subcontractor. This relationship resulted in an additional $500,000 in new construction contracts for our company.
Construction Administrator Resume Sample 9
- Overseen and managed a full range of construction projects from proposal through completion, including construction administration.
- Trained several tradesmen to become proficient in rigging, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Established the policy for safety and ergonomic controls on the construction site.
- Organized, coordinated, and administered all types of contracts including purchase orders.
- Kept accurate records in regards to task assignments and progress of projects using computer technology.
Construction Administrator Resume Sample 10
- Supervised a team of four professionals: managing projects, scheduling, and organizing to accomplish goals.
- Managed a $60 million budget for remodel, rebuild, and new construction of over 200 homes.
- Kaizen productivity gained in excess of $5 million dollars annually by introducing lean construction techniques to the team.
- Negotiated and secured long-term partnership with the homeowners association to ensure professionally managed, remodeled homes.
- Wrote specifications and bids for government, military, law enforcement, and schools to meet their needs.
Construction Administrator Resume Sample 11
- Reported to the project manager and supervised by the owner on all aspects of construction, including renovation, design, materials, and labor.
- Coordinated logistics and gave guidance on all aspects related to the construction of a 15-story condominium building.
- Led teams as project manager supervising all contractors and subcontractors. Sought out businesses that could provide best quality products/services while selecting subcontractors based upon price/quality at time of bidding and after bids were let.
- Notified owner of changes or deviations in scheduling or cost plans for approval prior to implementation; monitored all sub-contractor performance levels.
- Notified owner of potential risks to schedule, quality, or cost; confronted subcontractors with such issues.
Construction Administrator Resume Sample 12
- Trained and well-organized the work team to complete forty homes in less than ten months for the Owner’s best interests.
- Directed the acquisition of all materials necessary for work to be done, as well as efficiently supervising the insurance payments for all of them.
- Managed budgets and schedules with extreme precision, facilitating on-budget and on-schedule projects.
- Made efficient use of resources by planning ahead and ordering stock supplies in advance. Awarded twice by Company Owner for resourcefulness in this matter.
- Recruited and coached construction workers to the benefit of both parties.
To work as a Construction Administrator, experience requirements vary from 2 to 10 years. Some positions may require a bachelor’s degree. The Construction Administrator must be self-motivated, have strong written and oral communication skills, be skilled in project management, be flexible and adaptable, able to use Microsoft Office for projects, understand blueprints and must be detail oriented.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.