College Professors instruct and oversee students in classes ranging from mathematics to philosophy. Their primary duty is to prepare lessons, but they must also grade tests and papers, provide feedback on assignments, engage with peers, work cooperatively with other faculty members, and provide professional development opportunities for staff. The top skills for this position are higher education instructional design, classroom management, research into new teaching methods, teamwork, and leadership. A minimum of a master’s degree is required for this position.
The Best College Professor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real College professors’ resumes for your reference.
- Using real-life teaching methods by allowing students to have hands-on experience of operating their own business.
- Applied all steps of operating a company (HR, Manufacturing, IT Tech, Accounting, & Marketing).
- Students selected charitable organizations to donate all proceeds after calculating net profit.
- Emphasized JIT, standard deviation, computations for materials in transport, WIP, and on-hand inventory.
- Coached, raised, and mentored hundreds of students to academic excellence while developing a sense of community among all members of the learning community.
- To provide instruction and student advising as assigned by the departmental chairman.
- To teach and train students on food and beverage service management.
- At the end of the semester, students gained knowledge on handling events and functions involving food and beverage.
- Developed a unique philosophy of education, which included self-discipline, self-worth, and accountability for the success of others.
- Taught students to develop the aptitude for effective conflict resolution in dealing with interpersonal problems at work and at home.
- Adept at preparing flexible lesson plans tailored to the needs and abilities of each class and course objectives.
- The course includes health assessment in self-care and clinical laboratory.
- Coordinated with fellow professors regarding class objectives, assignments, and examinations.
- Met with parents and/or guardians to discuss issues involved in their children’s education, as well as in their own lives.
- Collaborated with business, government, and military leaders to enrich students with practical skills beneficial to real-world employment.
- Direct and coordinate fundraising activities raising an average of $2500 per year over 4 years for the ASL Club.
- Build partnerships with local businesses as ongoing donations & gifts support of the ASL Club.
- Create promotional materials, brochures, flyers, and announcements for Courses.
- Design course materials in PowerPoint, Student guides to coordinate with lesson plans.
- Develop strategies to maximize student learning outcomes while providing a positive learning environment.
- coordinator of Speech Department (8 years), including hiring adjunct staff.
- Instructional design and curriculum development for multiple subjects.
- Classroom instruction in the areas of public speaking, interpersonal communication, small group communication, and oral interpretation of literature courses.
- Advisement and counseling of diverse traditional and nontraditional students.
- A designed curriculum that enhanced student understanding of business management in a global economy.
- Managed faculty and taught courses for a two-year college.
- Responsible for retention and overall student academic achievement.
- Initially was a College Professor and taught several courses such as Business, Marketing, Financial Management, Public Speaking, and English.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence by utilizing active-learning techniques to enhance the learning experience and encourage individual growth.
- Increased student retention and graduation rates by offering peer-tutoring services after hours at an on-campus learning center.
- Conducted college-level courses in the field of English.
- Areas of instruction included reading, research, and revision of writing.
- Was responsible for preparing, delivering lectures, and leading classroom discussions.
- Resolved student concerns regarding course content, grading policies, scheduling conflicts, and job placement services via direct communication with students, faculty members, staff, and parents.
- Conducted an innovative English-as-a-Second Language program for immigrant students.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate students on topics such as financial accounting, principles of marketing and advertising, operations management, strategic management, domestic and global management.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations, or assign this work to others.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Train new Professors, attend in-services and compete in Advertising campaigns for outside organizations.
- Introduced the concepts of digital photography and the Internet to interested students.
- Teaches business, management, and supervision courses in both the Associate of Applied Science and the Bachelor of Applied Science Degree program areas.
- Presents course content to students and guides student discussion and coursework-study.
- Designs, coordinates, and oversees instructional projects with the approval of authorized expenditures.
- Writes and recommends proposals for external and internal activities for Program Manager and Dean review and approval.
- Comprised a strong teaching team that provided a multicultural environment for students.
- Facilitate classroom teachings and objectives via face-to-face and hybrid (on-ground and online) classes.
- Provide assistance to students to include assistance with intake and registration processes, orientation, recruitment, enrollment development, referrals to campus services, and other support services as needed.
- Track student contacts and follow-up with students to ensure the quality of service.
- Collaborated with five other professors to develop a course curriculum on Black literature, as well as designed specialized Web pages for student research projects.
- Developed a program of teaching “Media and the Arts” to adutlidn students.
- Adapted numerical integral (and its inverse, using a root finder) in Matlab for t-distribution table values.
- Invented factoring techniques for second-and third-order polynomials.
- Used â€œRiver Crossingâ€ puzzle-game from Thinkfunâ„¢ to teach graduated problem-solving.
- Presently at work on a collaborative effort to re-interpret fourth-order polynomial by its geometry.
- Founded four international student trips to Brazil, Argentina, Chile, and South Africa.
- Manufactured critical thinking climate in the classroom focused on innovation and creativity, to foster proficiency in microscope use, dissections, and laboratory skills.
- Promoted infrastructure change at the administrative level for nd new innovative techniques to be established at WCCCD.
- Created core curriculum lesson plans daily and weekly.
- Supervised sections for Anatomy and Physiology I and II and Introductory biology classes including laboratories.
- Mentored students in the areas of studying abroad, preparing for standardized tests, and applying for scholarships.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.