A Cardiac Monitor Tech observes patients’ heart monitors and reports to physicians and nurses. Their duties include cleaning the equipment, changing the batteries for the equipment, performing EKGs, monitoring patients, reporting to physicians and nurses, and writing in logs.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Cardiac Monitor Tech resumes for your reference.
Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 1
- Used heart monitoring devices on patients, who suffered from cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Studied medical procedures for the treatment of heart disease and monitored the behavior of heart muscle and electrical activity of the heart during various stages of treatment.
- Learned how to use monitors for electrocardiogram, blood pressure, pulse rate, and body temperature to obtain data about patient’s vital signs.
- Received a letter from management commending me on overall performance; administered chest compressions to save a life while awaiting the arrival of emergency personnel.
- Reorganized a supply closet to meet specific needs; contacted suppliers and coordinated delivery based on inventory needs and requests for supplies.
Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 2
- Met required competencies by maintaining proficiency in CPR, first aid, and AED.
- Updated my skills by attending a certification class at my college.
- Demonstrated competencies by maintaining certification level CPR and First Aid. Passed a clinical test administered by the American Heart Association; be surveyed for CPR/First Aid by Certified Nurse Practitioner at my college.
- Achieved award for excellent job performance; met performance expectations as an associate in Cardiac Monitoring Tech program (Science & Biotech).
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to patients’ charts and health histories.
Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 3
- Provided patient care by conducting cardiovascular testing and applying treatment in compliance with cardiovascular standards.
- Performed annual t-wave study for superior and normal heart function during a medical exam. measured the height of the patient’s diastolic pressure on the blood-taking machine.
- Provided state-of-the-art cardiac care to patients as a staff member at Piedmont Hospital as well as at other local institutions. Completed training courses for biochemistry, clinical chemistry, and hematology at local teaching hospitals.
- Met or exceeded national averages for performance on copyrighted competency tests. Delivered customer value and satisfying customer expectations.
- Successfully completed competitive exam required to apply for certification as a Certified Clinical Hematologist and become an advanced practitioner in hematology. Excellence in performance was noted on the chart at all times, including during patient visits, assessments, drug dispensing; setting up equipment; and routine testing.
Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 4
- Interacted with patients, relatives, and other health care professionals in a positive manner; exhibited a pleasant personality.
- Enhanced team spirit; participated in daily huddles, educational meetings and organized weekly game days for the medical staff.
- Demonstrated an understanding of the drug label (SOP); reviewed and evaluated all tests for accuracy.
- Served as an effective team leader by assigning tasks to co-workers during patient emergencies.
- Maintained assigned areas in a clean, sanitary condition; worked through lunch hour to ensure that all equipment was functioning properly and the area was ready for patients.
Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 5
- Recognized by the Cardiology Department for outstanding customer satisfaction rating of 98% and no patient complaints.
- Received an “Excellence” quality award; effectively handled emergency calls via radio, telephone, and overhead page to ensure patient safety and treatment.
- Recognized by the National Institutes of Health for excellent performance as part of a multi-disciplinary team; monitored cardiac arrest patients and initiated resuscitation procedures as needed.
- Initiated an experimental protocol, in collaboration with a Cardiovascular Disease Research Scientist, resulting in a positive clinical outcome for several heart attack patients.
- Compiled data from clinical trials; assigned patients to treatment groups to match their needs with available treatments.
Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 6
- Collaborated with physicians on complex cases; administered cardiopulmonary tests, including EKG and Holter monitoring.
- Completed AXP certification process for CMA, or Cardiac Monitors.
- Consistently received top performance ratings from customers regarding service and quality.
- Developed a QPR process to shorten time to diagnosis when working with Dr.’s who were outside the area.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to patient care, activities and medical tests performed.
Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 7
- Organized and maintained filing system of x-rays, coding sheets, and files.
- Responded to requests for x-rays by doctors, patients or families promptly.
- Tested all equipment daily to ensure accuracy.
- Purchased supplies and stocked the department according to the inventory list.
- Trained staff members on the proper use of equipment; developed policies and procedures for maintaining equipment.
Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 8
- Achieved top scores for timely, accurate, and proficient monitoring of patients with arrhythmias; recognized as a “Master of Interpretation” among peers.
- Recognized by management for effective monitoring of cardiology labs; closing out studies in less than one hour.
- Promoted to Monitor Lead after meeting customer service and quality standards, contributing toward a 97% study completion rating.
- Identified emerging issues with the monitor while working on a state-of-the-art research study; presented results of findings to management at conference.
- Recognized by peers for outstanding dedication to patients receiving Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT).
Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 9
- Managed the cardiac monitoring department, upgrading equipment, and hiring and training staff.
- Provided exceptional customer service using state-of-the-art equipment; recognized by patients, families, and co-workers for exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Recognized as a vital member of the team for creating a positive patient environment; received several compliments from patients regarding the personalized treatment they received from me.
- Assisted other departments by contributing my time for function projects such as facility improvements, reorganization of departmental file systems, and staff training programs.
- Participated in several patient transfer programs with other hospitals to provide for the continuity of care.
Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 10
- Performed daily electrocardiogram (EKG) assessments and vital signs monitoring for patients admitted to the hospital.
- Accurately recorded changes in heart rate for patients who were admitted for heart failure.
- Maintained a clean and safe environment to ensure the proper treatment of patients; received an appreciation award from hospital management.
- Maintained records to include patient demographics, EKG results, and physical examination results.
- Received awards for maintaining excellent quality of care while working with doctors, nurses, and other health care professionals; recognized by the Regional Supervisor as an excellent employee.
Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 11
- Coordinated with a medical director and health physicists to meet the demands of a rapidly growing company.
- Processed vital signs, ECGs, and assist in obtaining medical orders for labor and delivery; obtained vital signs at the onset of labor.
- Developed guidelines for the nursing staff.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data pertaining to lab usage and attendance.
Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 12
- Performed EKG/Holter monitoring duties; effectively communicated with doctors to ensure understanding of heart rate and rhythm issues.
- Recognized for developing three patient education pamphlets for Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) guidelines; evaluations have shown reduced medication dosage and increased compliance with instructions.
- Achieved award for achieving exceptional customer satisfaction ratings; effectively implemented the doctor’s orders, provided detailed medical information, and conveyed explanations to patients and families regarding life-saving procedures.
- Recognized with an award for multi-tasking talents; effectively conducted monitorings, answered phones, and greeted families during a visit.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively readied patients for doctor visits.
Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 13
- Utilized my time and abilities effectively to open a new heart center at the university.
- Adjunct professor at the same university.
- Demonstrated my effectiveness in pursuit of goals through continuous improvement on work performance and continued education.
- Received outstanding quality award; demonstrated excellence and concern for excellence, following departmental guidelines, completing required courses, obtaining certifications, and maintaining knowledge of current technical protocols.
- Effectively analyzed data, identifying areas for improvement in the use of equipment and procedures for heart patients admitted for examination.
Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 14
- Excellent performance demonstrated and recognized in the workplace; exhibited excellence in customer service, as well as appreciated by customers.
- Collected data regarding heart rate and arrhythmia.
- Extensive knowledge of EKGs & ECGs; ability to accurately interpret results of studies; ability to explain medical information to others.
- Recognized by peers, doctors, and co-workers for excellent patient care, teamwork, & professionalism.
- Awarded opportunity to be an instructor for EKG classes at nursing school; received outstanding teaching awards three years in a row based on student evaluations and feedback from students on their experiences learning about the cardiac monitors.
To become a Cardiac Monitor Tech, you need a high school diploma, in addition to a cardiovascular technology certificate. A Cardiac Monitor Tech must be detail-oriented, must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, must be able to multitask, must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, must have excellent interpersonal skills, and must be proficient with computers.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Samples
- Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 1
- Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 2
- Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 3
- Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 4
- Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 5
- Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 6
- Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 7
- Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 8
- Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 9
- Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 10
- Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 11
- Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 12
- Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 13
- Cardiac Monitor Tech Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up