A business development director seeks out potential business opportunities and handles the contracts. A business development director’s duties include attending business events, communicating with potential clients, studying market trends, creating business strategies, negotiating contracts, and updating business contracts.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Business Development Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Business Development Director resumes for your reference.
Business Development Director Resume Sample 1
- Created and implemented departmental sales strategies to achieve record-breaking annual revenues.
- Developed and maintained long-term relationships with key accounts, increasing business by expanding teams and providing new products and services for growth.
- Coined the phrase “relationship is #1” for establishing standards that made customers’ lives easier via trained customer service representatives who delivered exceptional service to customers 24×7.
- Achieved Award of Distinction for Total Production/Revenue; significantly increased production levels through effective training, inventory management, product development, and increased commitment to meeting customer needs.
- During the recession, increased business by 30% in an existing territory; recognized by President for exceeding sales goals.
Business Development Director Resume Sample 2
- Oversaw a sales team of 10 agents, increasing sales revenue by more than 50%.
- Achieved targets of increased sales targets by increasing leads, closing sales, increasing client retention, and promoting the company’s product.
- Developed metrics to measure the performance of sales staff members; coached team on how to make the most out of their time.
- Received outstanding customer service award; effectively marketed products to clients while adhering to company’s policies.
- Achieved award for productivity; consistently processed orders in less than 24 hours while maintaining high quality standards.
Business Development Director Resume Sample 3
- Created business development plan with a goal of making a success of the independent sales representatives.
- Achieved growth in sales with a major increase in the number of accounts.
- Directed daily activities to improve sales effectiveness, and reduce accounts receivable.
- Received an excellent review from the regional Vice President of Development regarding the “fit” between corporate objectives and my job description.
- Developed training program for call screening, which included screening for skill set, knowledge of new products/services, financial background of new customers, consistency with corporate policies.
Business Development Director Resume Sample 4
- Personally took the initiative to contact prospective clients in cities that were productively under-represented.
- Recognized for over-producing sales over budget by the Regional Sales Manager; realized that personal professionalism is a key element to success.
- Earned an outstanding opportunity award at my current position; successfully managed the accounts of multiple clients with various business needs.
- Selected to represent my department at our company’s National Convention; faced challenges when discussing appropriate business solutions with representatives from international organizations and government entities in multiple countries.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively showcased and analyzed my department’s performance and any areas in which it could improve.
Business Development Director Resume Sample 5
- Achieved highest average weekly sales volume by maximizing the number of closings to meet company quotas.
- Increased company revenue by 1/3 to 2/3 through the development of new territory marketing strategies.
- Maintained a high customer retention score of 58% by scheduling appointments as early as possible.
- Organized and conducted monthly sales training sessions with individual sales representatives, demonstrating effective leadership qualities with a positive attitude.
- Attained award for highest sales quota attainment during a season.
Business Development Director Resume Sample 6
- Conducted call monitoring meetings; recognized by the Regional Sales Manager for outstanding performance.
- Collaborated with the regional marketing team with emphasis on new product development.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines; effectively coordinated with other departments to provide complete customer service from pre-sale to post-sale.
- Received outstanding quality award; presented to the top sales manager in the Greater Kansas City Region who met or exceeded industry standards in all areas – sales, customer care, and leadership.
- Received company’s highest award – Top Sales Person.
Business Development Director Resume Sample 7
- Achieved award for best overall sales performance; contributed to $2.5million in increased revenue.
- Received award for outstanding achievement; generated $500,000 of unqualified leads and referrals within 3 months.
- Gained appreciation as a focused and consistent top producer; contributed to $1million in improved sales during the first half of the fiscal year.
- Earned recognition as customer service champion; delivering exceptional customer service while increasing market share by 10%.
- Promoted to a leadership role within the company following consistent and superior achievement of goals and objectives, particularly pertaining to business development efforts.
Business Development Director Resume Sample 8
- Overall responsibility for the successful implementation of My Company’s new strategic plan for increasing My Company’s market share.
- Recruited, trained, and supervised sales representatives. Increased sales revenue by 20% within the first year of accepting the position of Business Development Director.
- Recognized by executive management as a primary contributor to the success of My Company’s expansion into the retail sector.
- Closed a national distribution contract with the nation’s largest retailer before its competitor.
- Implemented a new pricing structure for one of My Company’s key products; revenue increased by 20% within the first year as a direct result of this initiative.
Business Development Director Resume Sample 9
- Created business plan for new product launch; built working relationships with potential vendors resulting in the production of the product.
- Conceived personable benefits of the product resulting in increased sales.
- Managed promotional campaign to increase awareness of the product among new customers.
- Received quality award; demonstrated leadership skills by developing new products, creating business plans, and implementing promotional campaigns.
- Received outstanding performance award; referred numerous customers to their account representatives for additional transaction services.
Business Development Director Resume Sample 10
- Led the development of three new business relationships; forging partnerships with manufacturers and distributors.
- Generated $5 million in annual revenue for the company; earned General Manager’s award for exceeding sales goals by 37 percent.
- Achieved recognition as the top sales representative in the history of the company; generated $7 million in revenue for the company, while achieving 120 percent year-over-year growth.
- Recognized by the Franchise Owner for increasing sales across six stores by 30 percent over previous year totals.
- Awarded Campaign Director/Manager award, overseeing an advertising initiative that exceeded its goals by 10 percent.
Business Development Director Resume Sample 11
- Actively contributed to achieving marketing goals for new product development. Conducted research to understand the strategy behind competitors’ products, industry, and market. Developed new innovations based on competitive analysis.
- Collaborated with marketing research to conduct focus groups with customers after demonstrations of a prototype product.
- Identified gaps in a product that customers desired but did not have.
- Evaluated potential revenue stream based on the estimated time for the development of additional features and benefits.
- Identified 10 existing contract awards that could potentially be expanded through additional R&D funding provided by the DoD.
Business Development Director Resume Sample 12
- Gave presentations to bank customers, internal staff, and external vendors to increase awareness and establish relationships.
- Selected and presented for three promotions while leading all business development efforts.
- Closed a $1.9 million contract with a major customer; helped product development team develop and produce new products for the bank while successfully maintaining the existing product base.
- Achieved award for top performer in regional sales leadership program; received award after two consecutive years of exceeding performance expectations.
- Received outstanding performance award; successfully processed all business development leads generated by internal staff and other departments while maintaining the highest level of customer service components.
Business Development Director Resume Sample 13
- Increased the number of contracted clients by 15 percent while maintaining the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.
- Awarded Most Creative Marketing Campaign for selling new products via video presentations.
- Earned recognition by peers as a top individual in customer service.
- Recognized by the COO for achieving the highest closing rate in new contracts for over two years straight.
- Received award for exceptional performance; demonstrated the ability to close hard-to-close business at a fast pace within an aggressive timeline, while maintaining the highest level of client service.
Business Development Director Resume Sample 14
- Increased customer retention rate by 25% by developing and implementing a long-term strategy for improved customer retention based on customer surveys.
- Led a new program to assist our existing clients with new product installation and upgrades.
- Reduced cost of client acquisition by more than 35% through networking opportunities, referrals, and the development of relationships with new and existing potential customers.
- Increased our business outreach results by more than 100% through attendance at seminars and association meetings geared towards the needs of my target market.
- Reduced client attrition rate from 3% to 0% by developing a marketing plan aimed at improving customer satisfaction.
To become a business development director, at least a bachelor’s degree in business administration is required. A business development director must be analytical, must have excellent business acumen, must have excellent negotiation skills, must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be adaptable, and must keep current with market trends.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.