Tooling Engineers develop, maintain, measure, and support the manufacturing operations. Their duties include solving equipment/tooling problems, coordinating plant resources, developing prevention plans, generating and implementing cost saving ideas, collaborating with other members of the team, managing budgets, and performing and documenting tool trials.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Tooling Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Tooling Engineer resumes for your reference.
Tooling Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Implemented quality control objectives in accordance with departmental standards.
- Successfully resolved the issues related to the incorrect application of ISO 9001 procedures to ensure conformance with customer requirements, review policies and procedures for key processes including supplier evaluation, inspection techniques, corrective action plan management.
- Improved production efficiency by 25% through redesigning robotic cell system resulting in reduced cycle time by 5%.
- Demonstrated expertise in engineering work, including design calculations on complex parts that are under stress at high temperatures. Contributed significantly to new or expanded products or processes by improving designs or process methods that led to higher volume production. Improved tooling setups on milling machines leading to a more efficient use of resources.
- Fostered a team environment that encouraged cross-functional collaboration, knowledge sharing and technical insight by hosting monthly departmental training sessions to discuss new processes, tools and equipment.
Tooling Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Expertly managed $800k+ build-out of state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
- Improved manufacturing efficiency by 20% through process reengineering and implementing quality management systems.
- Pioneered new product development methods in a team environment resulting in a 20% decrease in product development time, a 50% increase in resource utilization, and a quadrupling of revenue from existing products.
- Increased equipment availability rates by 100% while decreasing equipment failure rate by 30%.
- Introduced Lean Manufacturing concepts to the organization & facilitated cross departmental training sessions on total productive maintenance (TPM), among other things.
Tooling Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Established a self-perpetuating tooling work center with an annual output of $3M.
- Implemented a comprehensive analysis and design tool to meet specifications for unmanned operation, opening up production to automated “lights out” operations.
- Presented a concept paper on rapid prototyping that was adopted as company policy.
- Improved the design time from 4 months to 1 week through development of a computer-assisted drafting system customized to individual projects.
- Effectively orchestrated the transfer of all staff and equipment 20 miles away without disrupting customer service or product delivery schedules.
Tooling Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Developed complex cam profiles and performed up to 12 different non-related machining operations on the same part.
- Improved production rates by 15%, reduced scrap, and improved tool life through revised process plans; recognized by the Operations Manager for outstanding performance.
- Received appreciation as a dependable and flexible team player who would be called upon to fill any position within the shop.
- Handled all shop floor issues with diligence and responsibility; prepared reports that were thorough and concise.
- Identified significant problems that had been unaccounted for in economic analysis; devised methods of improving return on investment without sacrificing quality.
Tooling Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Led a team to deliver new process designs on time and under budget.
- Managed project of high complexity from beginning through the successful completion.
- Introduced innovative technology that significantly decreased cycle time and increased quality of product by 25%.
- Invented, patented, and developed a better method for metal fabrication. Earned three patents in less than 2 years with another patent submitted. All patents related to cutting-edge technology which improved product performance and reduced costs significantly.
- Pioneered the development and management of aggressive new program which lead to achievement of market share goal within 18 months; recognized as top performer by senior management team.
Tooling Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Designed and developed a special adapter to interface an external tank to the space shuttle.
- Improved tooling, engineering processes, and testing inspection procedures by creating new jigs, fixtures, and gauges.
- Contributed to qualification of major subcontractor’s component to meet stringent NASA requirements.
- Led engineering team for development of a large composite barrel that was a follow-up effort from a failed project that had been terminated 3 years prior.
- Completed the spacecraft guidance navigation and control handbook with 100+ other engineers within period of one year; awarded excellence in technical writing excellence award for best final product among all divisions throughout the company.
Tooling Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Successfully completed the development of an aerodynamic spoiler, resulting in improved driving comfort and fuel economy for hybrid vehicles.
- Achieved 100% on-time quality delivery for all assigned projects.
- Implemented current-day cost reduction operations to reduce scrap rate by 35 percent while maintaining product quality.
- Researched new manufacturing process technology, discovering $100K per year savings potential.
- Creatively designed a solution that reduced energy consumption by 50 percent while significantly improving throughput yield without compromising customer requirements or increasing operating costs.
Tooling Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Implemented the best practices of lean manufacturing to reduce lead times and improve quality.
- Improved first article inspection process by utilizing a PDCA approach.
- Led a team of engineers to successfully complete project that increased customer satisfaction, improved performance metrics, and delivered a significant time savings.
- Introduced an innovative 3D print management system which decreased production costs and lead times by over 60%.
- Streamlined processes which enhanced productivity and reduced cycle time by 25% (while improving product quality).
Tooling Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Organized the tooling design for multi-product manufacturing line with minimal impact on production time, part quality, and cost.
- Developed temporary fasteners to ensure parts were assembled in a timely manner while permanent fixing was in development; recognized by senior management for outstanding performance in supporting production goals.
- Assisted with the introduction of new product into TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) process when it entered early stages of prototype testing.
- Authored methodologies that increased the efficiency of precision machining operations by 20%; improved accuracy and repeatability during operation.
- Improved service relations through team building exercises with key stakeholders (e.g., suppliers); organized demonstration exercise at customer site.
Tooling Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Experience with high speed rifling machines, including programming control systems.
- Expertise in both erosion-type and button-rifling technologies.
- Well versed in all phases of machine tooling practice, including setup preparation, routine maintenance, troubleshooting repair.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of metrology instruments for measuring parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Completed senior design project that saved company thousands of dollar utilizing new methods developed by the team leader.
Tooling Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Utilize a wide range of engineering and teamwork skills to successfully complete projects on time, keeping material costs low.
- Provided the team with all the information they needed to create unrivaled prototypes by deeply studying designs, analyzing problems, and developing solutions.
- Consulted on tooling requirements for proposed products; developed new tools for current and future production ramps.
- Drove productivity improvements through effective planning and organization; earned $31 million in savings over six years after developing workflows based on Lean principles.
- Orchestrated the introduction of several products to market using my expertise in Simultaneous Product and Process Engineering (SP).
To work as a Tooling Engineer you need to complete an Engineering Degree and preferably have 5 years of experience. A Tooling Engineer must demonstrate great communication skills, good interpersonal skills, the ability to multitask, be detail-oriented, be knowledgeable of MS Office, have great problem-solving skills, and be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.