Assistant Business Managers offer assistance to Business Managers by handling various tasks. Their duties include attending meetings and conferences on behalf of the Business Manager, assigning duties to employees, training new employees, contributing to the company’s financial planning, developing business presentations, evaluation of business practices and handling customer complaints.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Assistant Business Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Assistant Business Manager resumes for your reference.
Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 1
- Implemented new components of an operational budget to reduce expenses, improving the department’s net income by over five percent.
- Provide assistance in monthly departmental reviews, ensuring that all monthly financial reports are submitted on time and accurately reflect our business activities. Review quarterly financial statements for accuracy and ensure compliance with Corporation policies.
- Assist with research regarding new product pricing strategies; meet regularly with managers to discuss issues and provide recommendations based upon review of customer surveys.
- Planned special events for customers representing education, health care, government, finance, media/entertainment, retail trade industries through company resources including staffing resources, equipment resources (audio visual), catering services resources (catering staff), location resources, scheduling, and coordination of approved events.
- Receive special recognition from the CEO for exceptional performance as a part-time call processing clerk.
Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 2
- Responded to customer’s questions regarding refund policy, company policies and procedures in an efficient, professional manner.
- Collaborate with Operations Manager to reengineer existing reports ensuring real-time data would be readily available for clients.
- Expanded knowledge of inventory control by training on new systems during the merger with another organization.
- Assisted Business Manager in planning events that increase revenue by streamlining processes including supervising client service staff, developing strategic budgets, set up accounting operations, scheduling activities and overseeing management of special projects.
- Provided support functions including liaising with government agencies, filing documents under the Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA), creating databases.
Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 3
- Maximized the efficiency of OFA’s financial department through implementation of document workflow software.
- Accepted responsibility for securing continued funding from donors.
- Organized executive conferences in Toronto, New York, Paris, and Beijing.
- Managed creation of Form 1023-EZ by drafting content, assessing structure for clarity, researching legal precedents to maintain quality standards.
- Received recognition as a key contributor after participation in successful capital campaign which resulted in 70% increase of resources within three years.
Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 4
- Managed administrative tasks for 12 team members at a dental office, including organizing meeting agendas and tracking important dates.
- Collaborated with other staff members to establish a filing system that greatly improved communication between colleagues and made it easier to locate files.
- Wrote business proposals for event sponsorships, increasing revenue by 40%.
- Improved office morale during a period of financial need by initiating creative fundraising activities, such as hosting a raffle drawing.
- Assisted manager in planning monthly events to engage patients and keep them informed about clinic activities.
Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed and organized all office activities including: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable.
- Utilized purchasing procedures to maintain company inventory; recommended changes in policy after realizing department was operating at a loss.
- Negotiated contracts with local businesses for office services (e.g., phone & internet) resulting in 20% annual savings.
- Assisted the Accounting Manager by overseeing accounts payable and receivable processes; developed an automated method to expedite transactions.
- Organized and directed the functions of the Accounts Payable and Receivables Departments for six months while position was filled on maternity leave.
Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 6
- Developed a system to manage accounts payable for four weeks while the Business Manager was on vacation.
- Introduced a new filing system that reduced labor hours by 30% and improved accuracy of billing documents.
- Collected $30,000 in delinquent receivables from eight major customers; recognized by the VP of Finance for impressive performance.
- Negotiated a settlement with a major customer who owed over $75,000 in past due balances; completed within 1 month resulting in total collections of more than $110,000.
- Effectively maintained relationships throughout company by consistently going above and beyond expectations to meet deadlines and resolve any concerns or problems that arose.
Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 7
- Handled all accounting, financial, and clerical operations for a group of dental practices.
- Increased efficiency by streamlining office management with available technology; minimized paper files.
- Revised invoice procedures to keep track of both incoming and outgoing payments; created new client billing system that increased productivity and facilitated customer service.
- Improved clinic revenue by hiring efficiently and providing training on new equipment; registered as second highest revenue business in association within first year under my supervision.
- Maintained high quality standards through effective quality control techniques; effectively monitored workflow.
Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 8
- Responsible for daily cash, banking transactions and documentation to include bank deposits, petty cash withdrawals and reconciliations.
- Developed holiday schedule with Janitorial services ensuring all areas of the office were clean, safe and orderly during the Thanksgiving Holidays.
- Acted as a liaison between customers, vendors and plant personnel.
- Aided in coordination of Christmas party event including menu creation and preparing supplies for decorating the meeting room.
- Provided administrative support for business managers related to performance data generation regarding customer satisfaction survey responses.
Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 9
- Aided in reducing current office expenses by renegotiating terms with major suppliers for the purchasing department.
- Increased cash flow through revenue collection; recognized as an outstanding contributor to the company’s success.
- Liaised between Executive Assistant and several other departments on a regular basis for two years, distributing mail, memos, faxes, digital messages, filing documentation into appropriate locations.
- Intimately familiar with donor information due to extensive data entry work & editing of charitable donation documents.
- Cross-trained as receptionist for 8 months after staffing shortages occurred at front desk due to vacations or sick days.
Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 10
- Implemented new tax filing system to maximize compliance and minimize errors.
- Directly responsible for revenue of $5M with an operating budget of $30M; recognized for achieving goal in excess of 4% turnover.
- Planned, organized, and coordinated financial department activities in order reduce processing costs by 25%.
- Managed all aspects of the day-to-day operations in cross functional teams consisting of employees at multiple locations, including customer services representatives, field representatives, equipment suppliers, etc.
- Recognized as “Employee Of The Month” after reducing expenses by over 5%; honored by President’s Club for outstanding performance among companywide recognition.
Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 11
- Reconciled accounts payable and receivable for a division of a multi-national business.
- Prepared reports, graphs, and charts that summarized activities, production levels, revenue growth, wholesale distribution of products.
- Optimized the control over all aspects of order entry to decrease cycle times.
- Gained knowledge of international shipping requirements using multiple carriers including customs documentation processing.
- Employed telephone etiquette when assisting customers in placing or canceling orders; demonstrated effective listening skills when resolving problems .
Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 12
- Set up all new invoicing system for company; reduced billing time by 50%, increased billings by 7%.
- Implemented new accounting software; decreased processing time of accounts payable.
- Created online document storage and retrieval system; dramatically improved record keeping with the ability to search documents according to client or vendor name, date range, or any key words.
- Received multiple awards for boosting customer satisfaction scores beyond 90%; earned appreciation from business manager who solicited positive feedbacks from customers regarding service expectations met.
- Received recognition as an outstanding employee after attaining several cuts in overtime costs with worker efficiency.
To work as an Assistant Business Manager you need to have a Bachelor’s degree in business management, public relations, communications or a related field. Assistant Business Managers must be goal oriented, analytical, have critical thinking and leadership skills motivated, have leadership and managerial skills, be organized and have problem-solving skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Assistant Business Manager Resume Samples
- Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 1
- Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 2
- Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 3
- Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 4
- Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 5
- Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 6
- Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 7
- Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 8
- Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 9
- Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 10
- Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 11
- Assistant Business Manager Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up