Assistant Athletic Directors help manage sports teams and events for an organization. Assistant Athletic Directors must have a passion for sports, excellent communication, and an ability to motivate others.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Assistant Athletic Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Assistant Athletic Director resumes for your reference.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 1
- Helped develop plans for increasing athletic participation, increasing revenue through new programs, and improving the appearance of athletic facilities.
- Implemented numerous plans for increasing revenue through new athletic programs, including volleyball and martial arts.
- Planned and implemented a committee of faculty members to review athletics at all of the campuses in my district.
- Collaborated with students on developing a marketing plan to raise money for athletics.
- Implemented plans to update the appearance of physical education classrooms by collaborating with faculty members.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 2
- Focused on the development of the facility in terms of functional space and design; ensured the creation of a comfortable environment for clients to enhance their personal health.
- Designed workout programs that resulted in a 15% increase in sales within 6 months.
- Met annual sales quota by increasing sales by 25% during an economic downturn.
- Promoted staff morale through the creation of incentives that were directly linked to sales increases.
- Trained new employees fully by creating an operating manual, providing initial training, assessing results, and concluding with advanced training after followed-up training session results met expectations.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 3
- Advanced the skills of athletes in basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, and soccer.
- Recognized for excellence by the local chapter of the National Association for Girls and Women in Sports; awarded with Outstanding Achievement Award for being instrumental in developing outstanding female student-athletes.
- Made presentations to school board members regarding the need to have an athletic director position within schools.
- Had input into hiring four coaches with outstanding credentials.
- Was thanked by parents for helping their children become more athletic through my special curriculum that was implemented at high schools where I taught physical education.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 4
- Implemented game plan for the most successful recruiting campaign in the school’s history.
- Oversaw classes in the gymnasium; provided assistance to students with fewer basketball skills.
- Recruited new athletic teams (e.g., volleyball, football, soccer).
- Organized team practices to increase players’ skill levels and enhance teamwork.
- Convened meetings to resolve problems related to student eligibility.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 5
- Managed the daily operations of a fitness facility.
- Recruited, trained, and evaluated staff members for their knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to successfully meet customers’ fitness goals.
- Met calendar commitments with efficiency; effectively maintained percents of 75% for trainer per month goal.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to trainers.
- Enhanced team spirit with players by promoting a healthy lifestyle through proper nutrition.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 6
- Led the creation of a quarterly weight loss program for employees, which yielded significant savings.
- Trained professional athletes in off-season conditioning programs designed to prevent injuries.
- Designed new yoga classes to increase employee job satisfaction.
- Cooperated with management to develop a corporate “wellness” plan that was highly praised by employees, customers, and vendors.
- Installed a corporate fitness program that reduced physical therapy costs for employees by 20%.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 7
- Managed the team of trainers; developed their performance skills in areas of fitness, nutrition, and weight control.
- Achieved department goals in sales; developed in-service programs for existing customers.
- Launched a company project to bring corporate teams into the gym for off-site events; received corporate kudos for providing effective planning and management.
- Recognized by upper management for outstanding achievement; planned, organized, and implemented athletic programs with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Exceeded sales quota while managing a staff of ten.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 8
- Accomplished athletic trainer by supporting instructors and coaches in the development of an effective and safe combination of fitness and sport.
- Recognized by the National Athletic Administrators Association for supporting college athletes who had sustained a concussion; effectively administered and interpreted neurocognitive testing and helped improve protocols for assisting student-athletes following a concussion.
- Initiated a community-wide blood drive; achieved recognition from the American Red Cross for exceeding yearly goals for donations collected.
- Recognized by Gatorade National High School Athlete of the Year program; effectively completed preseason conditioning tests that assessed physiological.
- Awarded achievement award for helping students excel through academic-athletic-social activities; had active participation in leadership roles for numerous clubs and teams.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 9
- Achieved successful results as a part-time General Manager; effectively managed staff to accommodate the needs of a world-class facility.
- Received the 2008 “Employee Recognition Award” from members of the 2008 Olympic team for outstanding job performance.
- Promoted to full-time Administrative Assistant to the Athletic Director for career development purposes.
- Fulfilled duties as Athletic Director for a local high school where I was responsible for organizing and managing youth sports programs, summer camps, and afterschool programs.
- Reorganized department office space and created custom filing systems, realizing over $2500 in cost savings.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 10
- Achieved certification as a Personal Trainer after completing 450 hours of training.
- Generated business for the fitness center through contracts with local businesses to have employees attend group exercise classes at employees’ expense.
- Managed the financial operations of the fitness center by developing an income statement and expense report for each membership category.
- Designed a marketing plan that combined new customer acquisition, cross-selling, and retaining current customers to increase the membership base by 12%.
- Recruited 5 new sales representatives to increase sales of performance nutrition supplements by 60% over the previous year.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 11
- Worked with personal trainers to develop a new fitness program for the athletic department.
- Developed successful school booster club fundraising programs.
- Managed the Fitness Department budget for three years, which results in a surplus of $15,000 per year.
- Developed an interactive, web-based fitness program to increase the awareness of health and wellness for students, faculty, and staff.
- Designed an NCAA-level fitness assessment test that will be administered to the entire football team.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 12
- Compiled league standings by conference, championships, and playoffs for 16U-17 National Championship season.
- Created weekly training schedules for all athletes.
- Organized, supervised the athletes during National Championships held in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Communicated effectively with coaches and directors in order to obtain information needed to properly train the athletes.
- Achieved award for outstanding administrative leadership; effectively prepared and presented statistical reports to meet supervisors’ expectations and deadlines.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 13
- Serve as bi-coaches during the Fall and Spring semesters, while developing a positive spirit of teamwork.
- Create a fun learning environment through knowledge of fitness programs, adjustment of workouts to the students’ ability levels, and availability to answer questions that relate to schoolwork.
- Plan improvements to existing equipment or facilities that improve student safety.
- Increase pass/fail ratio from 50%+ for all classes offered at the Recreation Center from 80%+ by May 1.
- Establish a new “AD Smoke House” in the off-season.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 14
- Managed more than 550 students as they participated in more than 50 athletic programs such as swimming, tennis, and track and field.
- Developed plans for more than $750,000 in additional construction projects including a complete overhaul of the A.C.M.T.’s sports complex and a new weight training facility to be used by both male and female basketball players.
- Achieved greater than 90% participation numbers during school-sponsored sports seasons; managed more than 100 athletes who were unanimously voted to team captain positions.
- Increased the number of participating athletes from 38 to more than 50; revamped the school’s weight training program.
- Served as a camp counselor; oversaw nearly 5,000 camp sessions, and served as an Assistant Coach and Head Trainer for the school’s wrestling team.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 15
- Scheduled and coordinated daily activities.
- Managed staff of three, including interns.
- Created maintenance schedule for the facility by coordinating with various departments.
- Achieved award for maintaining training schedule after Hurricane Katrina.
- Recognized by the Human Resource Department for outstanding performance in conducting performance evaluations of employees.
Assistant Athletic Director Resume Sample 16
- Supervised the lifeguards; managed the workout schedule; arranged annual fund-raising events; managed all off-season activities.
- Developed innovative safety programs to enhance safety for all members of the school community.
- Coordinated fundraising for community organizations, athletic events, and meetings.
- Organized annual spring break trip or mountain hiking day for all students.
- Selected official team uniforms, T-shirt sales, and marketing literature for the athletic department.
They must be leaders in their community and must be supportive and organized. They work in providing logistical support for athletic events including ticket sales, event promotion, and producing marketing materials. Assistant Athletic directors must have excellent communication skills, administrative skills and an aptitude for managing finances. Assistant Athletic Directors should have an undergraduate degree in a field of education and many also pursue post-graduate degrees in education, business, and sports.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.