Application support managers identify problems in applications and work to solve them through managing a team of experts. Duties of an application support manager include hiring professional staff, training individuals, managing staff, identifying problems in software, implementing troubleshooting techniques, and documenting all issues accurately.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Application Support Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Application Support Manager resumes for your reference.
Application Support Manager Resume Sample 1
- Spearheaded support for company’s 300+ application. Orchestrated deployment of 20 new applications across 15 servers.
- Initiated process to move organization to unified communications platform; recognized by Executive Board for outstanding performance.
- Redesigned business processes; achieved goals under budget by 25%.
- Managed department with twice as many employees as the next largest team, including individuals out on medical leave, maternity leave, educational leave, or military service; monitored activities and completed all documentation in a timely manner according to federal government regulations. Reinforced positive behaviors through consistent communication and feedback (verbal & written).
- Assisted teammates even not directly managed; ensured availability of critical applications during emergencies.
Application Support Manager Resume Sample 2
- Improved application support process by organizing customer information into a more efficient, accessible form.
- Provided direct support for customers of over 30,000 employees worldwide via telephone and email.
- Mentored new hires to enhance knowledge on software applications and document layouts.
- Achieved top performance rating for three consecutive years with demonstrated excellence in taking initiative, driving results, and improving business processes.
- Identified new guidelines to increase overall productivity by 20% while decreasing expenses by 15%.
Application Support Manager Resume Sample 3
- Implemented new technologies and customer service improvements to increase support workflow, maintain quality standards schedule and reduce costs.
- Achieved 38% production improvement in first quarter by developing and executing a plan which included automation of redundant processes, performance measurement/ monitoring, and the introduction of new tools and training for operators.
- Effectively resolved escalated calls back to original customers with an ~87% call closure rate within goal timeframe.
- Improved order processing efficiency by 65%, reduced cycle time by 25%, improved on-time delivery success from 20 – 90% by improving flow, layout, communication channels, flowcharts & SOPs.
- Assisted in the design and development of a new department utilizing ERP software to streamline business processes and improve customer service levels.
Application Support Manager Resume Sample 4
- Monitored critical applications to ensure maximum availability and performance.
- Developed processes to enhance systems-level diagnostics, problem management, change management, and documentation.
- Identified key improvement opportunities by evaluating existing support procedures for application installation/configuration/upgrade processes.
- Pioneered process improvements after identifying significant time savings in daily server backup procedures.
- Accelerated service levels by embracing new technologies while retooling job role to accommodate company’s strategic vision.
Application Support Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed all incoming requests for technical support, prioritizing them by urgency and ensuring that they were resolved quickly.
- Received Certificate of Achievement from the Vice-President for finding a solution to an ongoing system problem, saving the company thousands of dollars in lost man-hours.
- Provided documentation on server development cycles required for processing software patches.
- Analyzed network status before upgrading servers, reducing downtime by 75%.
- Identified back flow problems resulting in numerous service calls being eliminated.
Application Support Manager Resume Sample 6
- Provided data entry and I.T. support for several departments in a large firm, fast tracking information in to end users in real time.
- Maintained 20-25% compliance rate with departmental goals by assuring detailed understanding of work flow procedures was maintained through meticulous accuracy when entering data into applications.
- Entertained complaints surrounding lack of accountability by working closely with management to provide targeted solutions to issues identified during job analysis sessions.
- Prepared training materials to train new hires on standard operating procedures before they start employment; received approval from the managing director after successfully finding answers to all questions posed during session.
- Reorganized workflow processes, minimizing bottlenecks and strengthening communication to reduce “call no answer” time for our customer service.
Application Support Manager Resume Sample 7
- Identified over 500 potential enhancements to the existing network monitoring software.
- Streamlined and improved user-based permissions and controls for global accounts and access through Windows Active Directory.
- Converted 4850 documents from paper format to electronic media within 18 months, resulting in $120,000 annual savings.
- Developed new ideas for improving productivity of the accounting department; implemented a paperless tax reporting system which saved $30,000 annually.
- Oversaw five employees ensuring all daily operations ran smoothly; created employee self-service profile that reduced phone calls by 40%.
Application Support Manager Resume Sample 8
- Completed requests for system improvements by implementing operative procedures to maximize performance standards.
- Assisted in reference checking, applicant screening, training, and hiring of new staff members.
- Involved in the evaluation of applicants’ qualifications based on job descriptions created by human resource professionals.
- Participated in orientation of new employees including filing information into initial data files, scheduling appointments, arranging transportation arrangements, etc…
- Prepared company reports using spreadsheets to locate inconsistencies between data sets before drafting comprehensive report presentation for management review .
Application Support Manager Resume Sample 9
- By leveraging technology, improved team’s productivity by 20% through improved efficiencies and streamlined work flow.
- Collaborated with IT department to develop, design, and implement new application training program for over 450 users.
- Achieved top performance awards at appraisal review periods; consistently received the highest possible evaluation score from the Regional Manager.
- Pioneered a support group of direct report employees that was awarded “Team of the Year” in 2014.
- Improved customer satisfaction and retention rates by 20%; recognized for exceptional service to regional customers at quarterly meetings.
Application Support Manager Resume Sample 10
- Developed automated procedures to track application changes, submissions, and outcomes by integrating new workflow into the existing ticketing system.
- Managed an average of 30 incoming tickets daily that required immediate attention; consulted with peers for authorized follow-up communication.
- Established communication channels between business units to share information on status changes.
- Created process maps to define functional work flows for routine requests, applications, or technical issues.
- Resolved over 100 customer support queries in under five minutes without error each time; recognized as a top performer by my Company’s Customer Satisfaction Index Survey.
Application Support Manager Resume Sample 11
- Managed support for 16 applications; supervised four associates; reviewed customer complaints; suggested enhancements.
- Produced reports on problems with system response time, resulting in both improvement to application performance and customer satisfaction.
- Identified additional needs of the business unit by tracking key metrics that led to solution proposal and funding approval.
- Promoted after six months; recognized as Employee of the Month five times during tenure at company.
- Improved database utilization with new indexing methodology leading to faster queries, higher concurrent users, and increased reporting accuracy across multiple databases.
Application Support Manager Resume Sample 12
- Coordinated and integrated software and hardware throughout all divisions of a research and development organization to facilitate network-wide support.
- Oversaw all facets of technical support for mission critical applications, including system monitoring, configuration management, user assistance, documentation, trouble ticketing/tracking, and security administration.
- Spearheaded the implementation of custom coding solutions on multiple platforms for internal accounting systems.
- Identified potential new business opportunities by developing relationships with non-profit associations that provided support services to charitable organizations around the world.
- Designed and implemented a messaging architecture to facilitate inter-application communication within an international conglomerate; attained recognition from senior executives for outstanding performance.
To work as an application support manager, you must have a bachelor’s degree in fields related to computer science or information technologies with 3-5 years of experience managing an application support team. Application support managers must demonstrate skills in communication, organization, data analysis, troubleshooting, delegating, decision-making, and advanced computer competency.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Application Support Manager Resume Samples
- Application Support Manager Resume Sample 1
- Application Support Manager Resume Sample 2
- Application Support Manager Resume Sample 3
- Application Support Manager Resume Sample 4
- Application Support Manager Resume Sample 5
- Application Support Manager Resume Sample 6
- Application Support Manager Resume Sample 7
- Application Support Manager Resume Sample 8
- Application Support Manager Resume Sample 9
- Application Support Manager Resume Sample 10
- Application Support Manager Resume Sample 11
- Application Support Manager Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up