A Yard Worker is someone who works to maintain lawns and landscaping to meet the wants and needs of the customer. Duties of a yard worker can include building retaining walls, mowing lawns, pulling weeds, building pathways, installing water features, operating chainsaws, leaf blowers, and other power tools, and beautifying outdoor areas.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Yard Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Yard Worker resumes for your reference.
Yard Worker Resume Sample 1
- Maintained over 200 trees, shrubs, and flower gardens throughout five counties in North Carolina including the Wayne County Courthouse and Governor’s Mansion.
- Provided day-to-day grounds maintenance for a family of four residences consisting of two houses with 13 acres and a lakefront estate with 10 acres.
- Constructed eight tree stands and maintained them throughout hunting seasons; recognized by customer for providing excellent service.
- Performed emergency mowing services after severe storms that included Hurricane Fran (1996) and Hurricane Floyd (1999).
- Distinguished myself as “Mr. Dependable” known to complete all assigned tasks on time while maintaining positive attitude in all situations.
Yard Worker Resume Sample 2
- Cultivated a 300% increase in revenue with the implementation of new operational procedures.
- Repaired and refurbished a number of company vehicles, including a bulldozer and backhoe loader, restoring them to full functionality.
- Maintained equipment logs for all heavy construction equipment, as required by the State DOT per federal guidelines.
- Placed first in company-wide sales incentive program.
- Received excellent performance reviews; ranked highest in the department for three years.
Yard Worker Resume Sample 3
- Maintained the exterior of a 5,000-square-foot building that housed administrative and clinical facilities including brick work, painting, lawn care, and snow removal.
- Painted a large shelter at a local park for special events to help reduce vandalism by painting it in a fun color scheme with artwork depicting outdoor activities.
- Restored several old vehicles as an antique car enthusiast to their original factory condition by working on drive trains, paint jobs, upholstery, brakes, suspensions and electrical systems.
- Removed broken concrete to install new concrete walkway leading to entrance of company’s manufacturing campus; then installed perimeter security fences around the entire property using tools and equipment.
- Performed repair services on gasoline-powered engines for small lawn mowers, weed eaters, and chainsaws using hand tools.
Yard Worker Resume Sample 4
- Ensure that lawns, trees, shrubs, hedges and flower beds are maintained in a healthy condition.
- Employ the use of various tools – yard equipment such as mowers, weed eater etc. to maintain property grounds.
- Clinical knowledge of plant life has led to the care and feeding of over 70 varieties of vegetation at client’s home.
- Trimmed 12” off live oak tree which had been struck by lightning resulting in an award from the homeowner for exceptional service.
- Changed oil from lawnmower and rewired a light switch for the homeowner during a late night emergency.
Yard Worker Resume Sample 5
- Maintained and repaired the equipment used for lawn care, including mowers, tractors, shrub trimmers, edgers, and blowers.
- Assisted in the planning and coordination of grounds projects such as planting flowers and revitalizing landscapes; recognized by management for excellence in customer relations.
- Increased productivity using standard operating procedures to maintain a high level of safety and reduce lost time injuries at work.
- Planned and supervised all maintenance and construction tasks to ensure that work was completed within budgeted costs; responsible for savings of over $500 per month through preventive maintenance programs.
- Developed innovative ideas for community service through landscaping which won third place in statewide competition.
Yard Worker Resume Sample 6
- Maintained a full-time schedule of groundskeeping, maintenance, and repair duties for a major university.
- Developed a reputation for efficient work in maintaining two sports fields to NCAA Division I standards.
- Trained new employees on the proper use of equipment and techniques for effective performance. Promoted from assistant supervisor to senior supervisor.
- Awarded best overall athletic services employee by students for efficient service over three consecutive years at the University.
- Pioneered above-and-beyond duties such as assembling porta-johns, painting benches, and cleaning buildings during off hours when no other employees were available to complete the task; recognized by Department Supervisor who initiated an official commendation.
Yard Worker Resume Sample 7
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining all landscaping at various properties; responsible for weekly mowing, weeding, mulching, planting, trimming of grass and hedges.
- Completed a set number of tasks each day that include weed-eating walkways, driveways and parking areas.
- Promoted to a foreman position after developing superior leadership abilities through positive reinforcement and self motivation.
- Trained new employees in the most efficient methods of working with customers just as my own boss would have expected.
- Recognized by supervisors as an outstanding worker during monthly meetings conducted with my peers who worked alongside me on the maintenance team.
Yard Worker Resume Sample 8
- Performed all yard work duties, including mowing, edging, trimming hedges, raking leaves and bags.
- Provided outstanding customer service by maintaining clean cut appearance in front of customers.
- Installed lawn sprinkler system that saved the company time and money; honored for excellent attendance.
- Helped keep company vehicles running in guaranteed top condition by staying on schedule with oil changes and transmission services.
- Restored our 10,000 square foot outdoor venue to its original beauty after hosting a wedding reception; recognized by President for dedication to quality work.
Yard Worker Resume Sample 9
- Assisted in construction of new storage areas, patios, and sidewalks.
- Removed overgrown bushes, trees, and weeds to clear land for use by residents.
- Maintained all exterior spaces including lawns, shrubbery, walkways, driveways & parking lots for safe vehicular travel.
- Trimmed back plants and hedges throughout the community to provide clear visibility on roadsides and walkways.
- Achieved 20% reduction of water consumption after installing new nozzles on irrigation system sprinkler heads.
Yard Worker Resume Sample 10
- Completed more than 500 hours of on-the-job training with 10,000 hours of yard work experience.
- Recognized by the Department Head for professional initiative and dedicated effort in operating vehicles required to transport passengers, equipment, supplies, etc., according to OSHA guidelines.
- Successfully lead a team of employees responsible for the efficient daily operations of 30 acres horticultural facility; reduce fruit loss due to pest infestation by 40%.
- Earned an advanced degree in agricultural science; discovered substantial advances in plant growth during years spent researching soil nutrients at government lab.
- Gained confidence and knowledge through numerous awards/certificates received after enrolling in college courses focusing on agriculture and business.
Yard Worker Resume Sample 11
- Maintained ninety-eight acres of land by cutting grass, planting flowers, pruning bushes, blowing leaves, mowing weeds, raking rocks, and deep cleaning garden beds.
- Provided safe walking paths for residents across its multi-level decks and docks by removing snow and ice from them as needed.
- Trimmed vegetation around the reservoir’s edge to reduce mosquito population; received appreciation plaque from supervisor.
- Proficient at using chainsaws and other equipment including edgers, trimmers, hedge clippers and weed eaters to maintain property.
- Completed lawn care projects during winter months such as sheet mulching and aeration that greatly improved soil quality.
To be a Yard Worker, You will need a high school education, and a degree in a construction or horticulture can help to gain higher employment. Skills that a yard worker must demonstrate include physical strength, good communication, attention to detail, basic knowledge of tools, the ability to work as part of a team, organizational skills, and the ability to work in any weather conditions.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Yard Worker Resume Samples
- Wrap Up