Anti-Money Laundering Investigators are responsible for monitoring and investigating suspicious financial activities. Their duties include reviewing suspicious activity alerts, analyzing transactions, performing detailed research, preparing reports (SARs), and interacting with management to develop cases.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Aml Investigator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Aml Investigator resumes for your reference.
AML Investigator Resume Sample 1
- Utilized PEPPER software to detect and prevent money laundering; received the award for performing above the average of all AML investigators.
- Achieved success in training new employees by using consistent methods and discussing the importance of sharing information among employees.
- Received praise as a top 100 AML investigator; recognized by Regional Director for eliminating transaction anomalies and applying fraud theories.
- Achieved 20% increase in compliance, which was above the national average; recognized by VP of Operations for outstanding performance.
- Awarded “Best Overall Employee” based on participation in activities that enhanced the department’s success during FY2005 while strengthening community relations with various businesses within the city.
AML Investigator Resume Sample 2
- Successfully processed complex money laundering and terrorist financing investigations utilizing law enforcement, prosecutorial, and intelligence sources; created a record of accomplishment in the workplace.
- Accurately defined high-risk categories so that appropriate patterns of cash transactions could be established; identified financial institutions exhibiting unusual activity within defined parameters.
- Trained various employees on AML concerns and provided guidelines to ensure compliance with applicable laws.
- Recommendations for improvement were regularly challenged by managers but obtained due to outstanding presentations during monthly meetings.
- Understood the importance of good relationships with key clients as well as meeting deadlines, which is an excellent skill for any industry.
AML Investigator Resume Sample 3
- Achieved award as Investigator of the Month; tracked down white-collar embezzlers who had hidden behind the corporate veil.
- Resolved over $100,000 in disputes to the satisfaction of both parties and saved the company thousands of dollars.
- Trained others on proper investigation techniques; promulgated information that would enhance operational efficiency and reduce operational costs.
- Followed all applicable laws and regulations as set forth by Federal Office of Investigations, Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control, Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Defense Criminal Investigative Service (DCIS), among others.
- Trained others in proper investigative techniques; increased the professionalism of investigative personnel, thus increasing overall investigative efficiency.
AML Investigator Resume Sample 4
- Investigated and prosecuted significant bank fraud cases resulting in the convictions of numerous individuals and entities with substantial monetary damages.
- Prosecuted illegal activity over the phone utilizing telephone recording devices, that resulted in restraining orders, subpoenas, and mandatory debriefings.
- Initiated complex operations to gain evidence against suspects by utilizing independent contractors who had access to client information such as payroll records and bank accounts.
- Obtained raw data from banks using sophisticated search engines, produced reports for review by senior management which ensured compliance with government regulations.
- Discovered that bank employees had not been meeting the requirements for mandatory training, made recommendations for their termination.
AML Investigator Resume Sample 5
- Extensive knowledge of anti-money laundering laws and regulations. Appropriate law enforcement and security training. Credit, real estate, and mortgage-related professional licenses (examiner, investigator, and legal).
- Supervised three analysts responsible for analyzing suspicious activity reports, identifying potential proceeds of crime, and providing a review of unreported monetary transactions.
- Assisted in money laundering investigation that led to substantial monetary recovery; recognized as an asset by the United States Secret Service.
- Served as an expert witness in money laundering trial; testified against a defendant who was convicted and sentenced to 30 years imprisonment with a $100 million forfeiture.
- Established procedures to ensure regulatory compliance while reducing the cost of operating; created process that generated revenue while reduced expenses by $33 million annually with no increase in staff or loss of revenue.
AML Investigator Resume Sample 6
- Researched and discovered bank occurrences that violated AML regulations. Tracked financial institutions and financial professionals in violation of regulations.
- Identified high-volume trafficking activity. Expressed concern to financial institution management as they violated bank regulations, resulted in the institution’s compliance with banking industry requirements, and earned the trust of the industry through integrity and knowledge.
- Conducted extensive research on the topic of money laundering for a local law enforcement agency.
- Proven expert at researching various illicit activities involving money laundering worldwide using sophisticated research software tools.
- Implemented several awareness programs to promote security and integrity in the financial sector; a member of a formal group responsible for protecting the safety and integrity of government records; held responsible for securing government financial records and documents during natural disasters.
AML Investigator Resume Sample 7
- Created a proprietary system for processing subpoenas and compelling responses.
- Obtained a confession from the debtor during a civil litigation case by identifying the debtor’s financial and emotional weaknesses.
- Earned appreciation for compiling Ponzi schemes and conducting interviews with victims of the schemes.
- Identified and publicized connections between illegal drug activity, money laundering, insider trading, predatory lending, mortgage frauds, and organized crime in an effort to help law enforcement agencies identify culpable parties.
- Conducted exploratory investigations into white-collar crime as an intern; identified patterns of criminal behavior and developed theories regarding offender motives.
AML Investigator Resume Sample 8
- Investigated and prosecuted numerous criminal cases.
- Successfully investigated and prosecuted cases of money laundering, transportation of stolen goods, drug trafficking, vessel ownership fraud, Internet fraud, and computer crimes.
- Successfully pursued prosecution recommendations in over 30 felony narcotics trafficking and racketeering cases.
- Successfully prosecuted multiple felony possession with intent to distribute marijuana cases.
- Received outstanding performance awards for prosecuting State Liquor Agency investigations; managed a team of investigators and assisted in the processing of hundreds of criminal cases.
AML Investigator Resume Sample 9
- Completes investigations in a timely manner, with an average closing rate of 99.9%.
- Successfully identified areas of risk by obtaining detailed information regarding the prospective law firms.
- Achieved award for reducing the risk to the company; recommended that a new law firm be hired based on suitability and quality issues.
- Initiated action to terminate the business relationship with a law firm that performed poorly and was not compliant with company policies.
- Drafted Legal Requisition form and obtained necessary approvals/signatures; summarized information, performs research on potential transactions, and prepares legal requisition form for legal counsel review and approval.
AML Investigator Resume Sample 10
- Expertly analyzed financial transactions; effectively-prepared detailed reports using investigative techniques and financial software.
- Handled numerous investigations within a deadline; addressed matters for which the firm was billed hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Performed complex and risk-management analyses; assisted in the identification of non-performing assets.
- Negotiated settlements with attorneys and trustees on unresolved collections totaling over $7 million.
- Documented federal banking laws violations, including violations of anti-money laundering statutes, in a prosecution memorandum submitted to the Southern District U.S. Attorney’s Office and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
AML Investigator Resume Sample 11
- Corrected process flaws, missed documentation violations, and ordered statements regarding assets and income for variances of client assets and income.
- Identified discrepancies in bank statements; established income verification program for client’s money service business.
- Identified, researched, and reported on cases involving money laundering related to tax evasion. Designed and implemented a continuing criminal investigation program for the purpose of draining the funds from tax evaders.
- Prepared grand jury testimony required by the U.S. government as well as testifying before a federal court in 2002.
- Awarded the Treasury Department Agent of the Year in 2003; recognized for handling money laundering cases, identifying income tax violations, and linking criminal and terrorist organizations through the use of financial records.
AML Investigator Resume Sample 12
- Investigated issues regarding cash transaction reporting and conviction of criminals using proceeds from illegal activities.
- Reviewed wire transfers, suspicious activity reports (SARs), and customer complaints about potential money laundering.
- Conducted interviews, obtained search warrants and subpoenas with the intent of investigating cases for money laundering.
- Received awards for an article in news publication depicting that AML Investigator saves lives with speed and efficiency.
- Collaborated and partnered with regulators such as the Department of Treasury and the FBI.
To work as an Anti-Money Laundering Investigator, you need a bachelor’s degree or 2-5 years of related experience in banking. Anti-Money Laundering Investigators must know AML laws and regulations, have great investigative skills, problem-solving skills, written and oral communication skills, pay high attention to detail, and be proficient in MS Office.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Aml Investigator Resume Samples
- AML Investigator Resume Sample 1
- AML Investigator Resume Sample 2
- AML Investigator Resume Sample 3
- AML Investigator Resume Sample 4
- AML Investigator Resume Sample 5
- AML Investigator Resume Sample 6
- AML Investigator Resume Sample 7
- AML Investigator Resume Sample 8
- AML Investigator Resume Sample 9
- AML Investigator Resume Sample 10
- AML Investigator Resume Sample 11
- AML Investigator Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up