A user interface designer works to create interfaces for different software programs and websites with a focus on aesthetics and appeal to the viewer. Some duties that a UI designer will perform are page design, focusing on user efficiency, creating appealing visuals, increasing usability, implementing changes, making improvements to existing works, as well as ensuring all clients’ needs are met.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best User Interface Design Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real User Interface Design resumes for your reference.
User Interface Design Resume Sample 1
- Invented a simple interface to use the Windows operating system, using a mouse and keyboard, which became a standard in the industry.
- Created a user interface for a handheld device developed by Atari Incorporated, called the Lynx. This advanced handheld allowed touch-based input through a graphical operating system to be developed for mobile devices.
- Developed user interfaces for companies such as Apple Inc., Intel Corporation, Motorola Inc., and Texas Instruments Incorporated. There were two different interfaces I worked on with Apple – one was for software development and one was for hardware development.
- Developed a unique user interface with unique functionality for a handheld device that was one of the first to be marketed with a touch screen.
- Gained recognition as an award-winning user interface designer as I provided input as a member of several design teams on software development.
User Interface Design Resume Sample 2
- Demonstrated innovation in application design by creating innovative software for webpages, mobile, and tablet applications.
- Created dynamic user interfaces including recommended layout with navigation, graphics, colors, font styles, images, buttons, animation effects.
- Wrote HTML in the Dreamweaver software in order to create layouts for websites. Integrated graphics in the Photoshop software in order to design dynamic webpages.
- Created an application for organizing students’ attendance records when the school upgraded its computer system.
- Utilized Flash technology to create a website for a business associate’s fantasy professional team sport league with focused profiles on each player’s statistics and appearances on court or field.
User Interface Design Resume Sample 3
- Designed and implemented an online survey that has produced data for three different masters thesis; helped formulate the following conclusions: people are satisfied with the quality of data they receive, people take their time to input data, and people would like express delivery of results.
- Assisted in designing a booklet to be used as a manual for volunteers working with children who have disabilities; assisted in determining what should be included in the content.
- Created an online form for people to use if they want to subscribe to informational e-mails about the organization’s activities; results have shown that participation was high.
- Created a logo reflecting the nature of the organization’s objectives.
- Designed a visual artistic impression of a user’s interaction with a mobile application through wireframes, storyboards, and user interfaces.
User Interface Design Resume Sample 4
- Sourced from grand concepts of best cases for customers to create software that survived the test of time.
- Enhanced productivity for clients by making data understandable through presentation design.
- Resolved design questions from both managers and clients by addressing creative concerns of print layouts during meetings.
- Adhered to management guidelines while streamlining creative processes; earned awards for exceptional graphic designs that attracted clients to product advertisement campaigns.
- Designed and built a new e-commerce website for a national chain of retail stores.
User Interface Design Resume Sample 5
- Developed original style and overall concept for a line of products based on rock art found in caves of South Africa.
- Recruited, hired, and trained a team to launch a successful non-profit organization that promoted cultural awareness among American youth.
- Streamlined development process for two-dimensional objects by designing the appropriate arrangement of material colors, textures, and juxtapositions.
- Achieved outstanding rating from an independent review of design quality completed by design professionals who had worked with the subject on previous projects.
- Created original art for stage design, graphic design, web design, and promotional materials.
User Interface Design Resume Sample 6
- Designed promotional materials for local advertising including t-shirts, banners, stickers, flyers, ads on buses, and on billboards.
- Developed various pieces of design for theatre including set designs for musical productions of “High School Musical” by Michael Marquis.
- Provided graphic improvements to a variety of publications from “In Touch” magazine to an annual awards ceremony supplement book.
- Teamed with a team of artists, graphic designers, and web designers to create a podcasting platform presenting audio and video content.
User Interface Design Resume Sample 7
- Proved aptitude for digital media production by providing both audio and video content as well as Web site design and maintenance for a college-level political science department.
- Performed roles as protégé to staff director, script writer, cinematographer, camera operator, sound engineer, and producer.
- Designed the entire look of a four-image classified site. Demonstrated ability to create digital graphics using Adobe Photoshop software including the creation of a three-dimensional model of a custom appearance bracelet using Maya 3D software.
- Designed and implemented a new promotional website for a local television station.
- Helped turn an initial idea into a graphical user interface that was simple enough for a third-grader to use, yet sophisticated enough for an accomplished graphic designer to glean value from.
User Interface Design Resume Sample 8
- Designed and created a flowchart for a program that was used by the military and the general public as support for first aid and CPR.
- Co-created and maintained application software using C++ and Java, and created and maintained easy-to-use websites.
- Created business cards for my business that enhanced my reputation as one of the best graphic designers in the company.
- Created a visual design for a local business that enhanced my reputation as one of the best graphic designers in the company.
- Designed for a better world.
User Interface Design Resume Sample 9
- Brought healing to the lives of thousands through their art and design.
- Achieved critical mass, through both performance and audience response, when engaging with public audiences in alternative forms of art and design.
- Received endorsement from a renowned authority in the field of human behavior in a national newspaper, with a publication rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
- Won a special award from the American Society of Interior Designers for excellence in design and display at their annual national conference.
- Conceptualized and innovated a novel interface design for a program which was later patented by the company.
User Interface Design Resume Sample 10
- Achieved an industry standard in graphical user interface design by implementing realistic, controlled animations to my design.
- Designed corporate logos which are used worldwide. Designs are frequently featured in trade publications.
- Impressed management with innovatively designed web-pages for their most prestigious clients, including the US Department of Defense.
- Received recognition by publication in National Graphic Artist magazine for my work on package layout systems for corporations.
- Created virtual illustration of new user interface for Health Care System; portfolio displayed at Technology Expo.
User Interface Design Resume Sample 11
- Produced visual design plan for new company product launch; awarded “best of class” recognition by CEO.
- Used Adobe Photoshop to analyze, create, and organize illustrations for an ongoing project with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Achieved award for superior quality in graphic design skills; preferred supplier of design services with Zip Technologies.
- Illustrated future desktop computing concepts for presentation to the Federal Trade Commission; praised by panel members as an accurate picture of the future of computing systems.
- The Best User Interface Design Resume Samples
- User Interface Design Resume Sample 1
- User Interface Design Resume Sample 2
- User Interface Design Resume Sample 3
- User Interface Design Resume Sample 4
- User Interface Design Resume Sample 5
- User Interface Design Resume Sample 6
- User Interface Design Resume Sample 7
- User Interface Design Resume Sample 8
- User Interface Design Resume Sample 9
- User Interface Design Resume Sample 10
- User Interface Design Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up
To become a UI designer, there are some instances where experience can be enough to gain employment, but in some instances a degree in the arts or computer sciences may be helpful. Necessary skills include coding knowledge, knowledge of web standards, creativity, ability to use data, web design skills, communication skills, as well as the ability to view things from the customer’s perspective.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.