A Truck Dispatcher sends trucks to pick up or deliver products. Duties include keeping records, reviewing driver’s logs, maintaining relationships with drivers, looking for ways to combine shipments to save money, scheduling drivers efficiently, maintaining good relationships with customers, and using computers to track driver locations.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Truck Dispatcher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Truck Dispatcher resumes for your reference.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Sample 1
- Earned $200.00 weekly allowance; rescued customer’s vehicle from the abandoned lot with GPS coordinates.
- Achieved award for handling emergent situations that involved customers who were frightened or frustrated by unresponsive employees.
- Achieved award for maintaining a positive attitude at all times; effectively handled customer queries and queries from the company’s legal department.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Sample 2
- Resolved customer complaints regarding delayed or damaged shipments.
- Handled problems that arose during the loading, unloading, and delivery of freight according to company guidelines.
- Consistently met service level commitments.
- Required to test the functionality of the dispatch software system before deployment. Results were satisfactory.
- Ensured timely invoices for freight shipments.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Sample 3
- Received exceptional job performance award; helped dispatch company-owned trucks to their assigned freight hauling areas.
- Maintained accurate, complete, timely, and correct records of all dispatch-related paperwork including logs, tare sheets, manifests, and customer receipts.
- Recorded all work orders to ensure safety for employees and customers.
- Performed well under demanding circumstances; efficiently resolved dispatcher-related issues regarding customer safety concerns that arose in the field.
- Recognized for exceptional performance; issued safety equipment that met safety standards. Identified safety hazards by using logbooks, accident reports, and reports to insurance carriers/reinsurers.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Sample 4
- Improved the efficiency of the transportation sector by organizing warehouse inventory.
- Worked with Regional Supervisor to reduce truck maintenance costs; led to savings of $800,000 annually for a regional transportation company.
- Achieved the highest customer satisfaction rating among other dispatchers in the region.
- Used cutting-edge technology that resulted in fewer accidents, faster deliveries, and transportation optimization for warehouse receiving.
- Redesigned delivery routes resulting in savings of $500,000 annually for regional transportation companies.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Sample 5
- Provided world-class customer service; established and maintained positive relationships by providing customers with accurate and timely information regarding the delivery of their freight.
- Recognized for excellence in customer service; developed and implemented training procedures for team members to ensure consistency in meeting and exceeding customer expectations and service level agreements.
- Successfully executed the daily operations of the transportation company, enabling proper tracking of freight expenditures, transportation scheduling, equipment maintenance, safety operations, training documentation, payroll processing, employee evaluations, payroll preparation of change documents, insurance verification/certification/payment/audits/etc., fuel purchasing/accounting/purchase orders/pipeline compensation payment preparation/credit card reconciliations.
- Effectively administered the company’s three-year safety improvement program for safety performance, saving the company over $8,000 annually.
- Managed daily safety operations for drivers and support staff. Selected, trained, and evaluated employees.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Sample 6
- Manipulated computerized data to create a detailed report of materials, labor, and time allocation. Learned to use Excel as a tool for analyzing data and cohesively organizing information. Tracked the delivery of several materials as well as coordinated the delivery of those materials from multiple locations.
- Served as an effective team member; effectively communicated with supervisors about workflow, procedures, and materials.
- Received award for outstanding customer service; effectively monitored customer satisfaction rating on a daily basis through call monitoring.
- Achieved award for exceptional performance; accurately tracked materials according to established guidelines and met established deadlines for deliveries of material/products/services to clients.
- Received award for outstanding quality; ensuring that hazardous materials were properly handled and disposed of in accordance with proper procedures. Achieved distinction as a member of a team that delivered a high level of customer satisfaction through customer service.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Sample 7
- Collected, edited, and entered data for 10 delivery trucks; prepared daily route sheets.
- Tracked inventory on trucks throughout the day using spreadsheets; not only provided timely updates to customers on their shipments but also completed data entry by 9 pm each night.
- Managed 50 drivers and more than 70 freight bills, keeping the office running smoothly with efficient collections.
- Accumulated shipment data (pending paperwork) on a spreadsheet; used this information to balance the books each month.
- Coordinated truck maintenance by making service calls, scheduling repairs/replacements of tires, brakes, hoses; resolved customer concerns regarding delays in delivery schedules.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Sample 8
- Implemented new operational procedures resulting in exceeding the 800 pc. the on-time delivery metric for trailers.
- Met daily pick rate quota by maintaining positive employee relations and assisting team members with obtaining needed documents from customers.
- Received a “Certificate of Appreciation” from upper management for your dedication to our company’s goals and objectives.
- Secured a delayed payment from a customer for having damaged one of their shipping containers; processed the paperwork and received a check in the amount of $$$$ to be applied to the next shipment.
- Completed a three-day orientation which included the learning of geographic location, product knowledge, dressing code, and operational performance expectations.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Sample 9
- Dispatched trucks to the appropriate destinations using a computerized tracking system. Monitored delivery of shipments to receivers.
- Ensured drivers carried appropriate operating licenses and documentation. Supervised drivers to ensure safe and secure deliveries of liquid substances (gasoline, diesel, liquid plastic).
- Directed drivers during loading and unloading of liquid tanker trucks; ensured compliance with state regulations regarding vehicle weight limits.
- Trained new employees and participated in new employee on-boarding process; involved in disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Ensured vehicles were well maintained and safe to operate; ordered repairs and parts based upon maintenance schedules and state inspection reports.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Sample 10
- Compiled loads for several trucks in multiple locations; personnel commented on my performance, which resulted in a pay raise.
- Achieved award for reducing truck operating costs; orchestrated the most effective routes to accommodate delivery of freight.
- Achieved award for meeting customer expectations; successfully closed all open customer issues within the first call.
- Recognized by Operations Director for providing excellent customer care; effectively met needs based on guidelines issued by the customer service department.
- Increased sales of gift cards by 25% annually; surpassed annual gift card sales goal by 20%.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Sample 11
- Effectively organized truck schedules according to customer requests, thereby reducing the company’s operations costs.
- Achieved outstanding quality award by minimizing customer complaints regarding shipments.
- Highlighted for initiative and resourcefulness in setting up a new operating procedure; significantly decreased operating expenses.
- Interfaced with customers to address concerns regarding product delivery times, thereby ensuring customer retention.
- Demonstrated outstanding communication skills and professionalism in all interactions with clients and coworkers.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Sample 12
- Effectively communicated with drivers regarding load assignments by phone.
- Monitored safety issues with drivers via CB radio.
- Properly dispatched shipments to meet customer requirements.
- Color-coded loads for delivery to various customers based on customer instructions.
- Received top corporate safety award, 1992-93.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Sample 13
- Tracked the movement of freight through route plans by way of a hand-held data terminal.
- Worked with load planners to coordinate routes and schedules.
- Worked with management to create new delivery routes.
- Worked closely with other employees to process shipments, including paperwork for receiving, checking, loading, and unloading shipments; reassembling loads; resolving emergencies caused by bad weather or vehicle breakdowns; and keeping records of shipment status.
- Processed driver ID numbers to ensure accurate payroll compliance.
Truck Dispatcher Resume Sample 14
- Communicated by telephone with freight forwarders, carriers, and movers in the city of San Diego, California.
- Maintained accurate databases on activities by hand-checking all documentation for quality control purposes.
- Resolved any discrepancies with freight carriers or freight forwarders immediately.
- Admitted truck driver for error or misuse of company equipment, product, or facility.
- Recognized employee who demonstrated exceptional customer service skills to his/her peers and management representatives.
Educational requirements for this job are a minimum of a high school diploma; but some companies require an associate’s degree or a bachelor’s degree in logistics. A truck dispatcher must demonstrate these skills: excellent communication, good record keeping, organizational skills, math and computer skills, dependability, ability to multi-task, patience, and good judgement.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.