Trailer Drivers perform long-distance deliveries for companies. Their duties include loading and unloading cargo, ensuring that cargo is secure, driving long distances in compliance with traffic laws, ensuring that deliveries meet safety regulations, keeping a record of work hours, reporting problems when necessary, and maintaining trailer equipment.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Trailer Driver Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Trailer Driver resumes for your reference.
Trailer Driver Resume Sample 1
- Met monthly/quarterly safety, maintenance, and inspection guidelines.
- Avoided accidents by properly securing cargo; did not scratch or dent trailer; earned appreciation for being “fleet” trailer driver of the year.
- Maintained records of all inspections and their status.
- Promoted to supervisory position; safely coordinated cargo transfers with personnel from other companies, thus improving productivity and meeting deadlines for customer shipments.
- Received Certificate of Appreciation during annual Safety Week Celebration for commitment to safety.
Trailer Driver Resume Sample 2
- Excellent customer service rating for prompt, accurate delivery of equipment to customers.
- Gained trust as a driver and advisor to customers; successfully assembled equipment in difficult terrain where no other personnel could be located.
- Received award for driving skills; exceeded 100% on driver’s test with truck exceeding the legal weight limit by 1,000 lbs.
- Welcomed with trust by the sales team; sold 125% of quota while meeting customer satisfaction guidelines.
- Achieved recognition from management for exceeding safety standards; designed a safety procedure that saved the company $600 one month.
Trailer Driver Resume Sample 3
- Cleaned and prepped vehicles for a full week on time.
- Detailed vehicles multiple times throughout year.
- Kept eight trailers in optimum condition; repaired flat tires and prepared vehicles with quick and informed responses to customer service issues.
- Followed schedules and maintained vehicle backup systems.
- Preserved timeliness; always arrived one hour early to the job site in order to complete the work task assigned.
Trailer Driver Resume Sample 4
- Recognized by the company for meeting the highest quality standards.
- Received awards and recognition for exceptional customer service and on-time delivery of trailers and associated equipment to customers.
- Initiated Customer Satisfaction Research Study to determine customers’ concerns, needs, and suggestions about products delivered.
- Actively sought training opportunities with my employer; attended all sessions of seminars concerning speed control, cargo securement, accident prevention, hours of service regulations and related topics; achieved 100% attendance on all training courses.
- Actively participated in company-sponsored safety programs; achieved safety industry certification as Crash Avoidance Specialist.
Trailer Driver Resume Sample 5
- Achieved a top-ranked rating for service excellence from a customer survey; flawlessly handled both delivery and sales.
- Provided exceptional customer service as a supervisor of warehouse operations while adhering to the requirements of the trucking industry.
- Recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance; successfully handled sales order requests at an extremely fast pace despite high call volume and intense work schedule.
- Received the highest quality rating; effectively processed large volumes of orders without missing any shipping dates.
- Excelled by meeting customers’ expectations with respect to availability and delivery schedules; recognized by Regional Manager for exceptional performance, and received merit award.
Trailer Driver Resume Sample 6
- Met all federal, state, and local safety regulations while distributing frozen food products.
- Secured trailer doors to prevent unauthorized entry and cargo loss.
- Maintained vehicles’ compliance with standards; performed routine maintenance on trucks and trailers.
- Met all deadlines during the manufacture of new trailers; produced a high quality product in a timely manner.
- Recognized by management as an effective leader; effectively managed the crew that was responsible for manufacturing new refrigerated trailers.
Trailer Driver Resume Sample 7
- Completed all deliveries on time in accordance with delivery contracts; earned recognition from the company for timely delivering shipments.
- Assisted with retrieving and replenishing loaded trailers; received awards for maintaining excellence in customer service, safety, and follow-through.
- Handled hazardous materials without incident or injury; established a record of excellence in accident prevention, safety, helping injured employees return to work as soon as possible, and in performing tasks requiring stamina.
- Performed daily chemical inspections by using sense of touch; efficiently identified defects.
- Achieved award for upkeep of equipment; inspected trailers to ensure safety at all times.
Trailer Driver Resume Sample 8
- Received award for driving at or under the speed limit; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Completed CDL placard training; recognized by State of Texas for obtaining CDL license to drive a CMV in a non-hazardous environment.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had booked their freight with our company and truck drivers who had hauled the freight.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had transported their freight with our company.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively loaded freight onto trucks and took truck weight readings.
Trailer Driver Resume Sample 9
- Led a convoy of trailers to the final destination.
- Delivered trailer to the buyer, removing it from the yard in less than 30 days.
- Maintained tires in good condition.
- Recruited additional drivers for the company; counseled and supervised employees in accordance with labor laws and department policies and procedures.
- Directed team of drivers in scheduling, operating, repairing, and maintaining equipment; maintained records.
Trailer Driver Resume Sample 10
- Achieved outstanding driving record as a truck driver.
- Received award for excellent driving record; avoided accidents.
- Received outstanding quality award for safe driving record; received a lane change ticket from the police.
- Discovered client’s payment problem; dealt with situation in an efficient and timely manner.
- Received award for exceptional customer service; effectively handled customer complaint, relating to landowner’s claim and delivery of trailer to seller from seller’s site…
Trailer Driver Resume Sample 11
- Secured deliverables in spite of natural disasters; remained on schedule as Hurricane Katrina neared New Orleans.
- Met or exceeded fleet safety standards while preventing loss of equipment, vehicles.
- Awarded “Employee of the Year” award for outstanding customer service and deliveries; recognized by company president.
- Was integral to the success of the road show during the cross country relocation; successfully delivered supplies on time and in good condition.
- Identified problem areas with carriers to improve on-time shipment performance; worked directly with clients to ensure timely deliveries.
Trailer Driver Resume Sample 12
- Listed vehicle on auto transport website, generating revenue by brokering transportation of vehicles within the US.
- Selected as Team Member of the Month; recognized for assisting admirably in driving heavy freight trailers to complete customer deliveries.
- Promoted to Customer Satisfaction Manager following outstanding results in enhancing driver and customer satisfaction; reduced delivery time from 60 days to 20 days by training drivers on improving mileage and driver skills.
- Received commendation from Regional Manager for establishing a new process that reduced damage claims from 30 percent to 2 percent after a 6-month trial period; implemented new guidelines for loading trucks, securing loads, and providing drivers with frequent rest opportunities.
- Received choice award from customers who had used my services.
Trailer Driver Resume Sample 13
- Traveled to Florida, Tennessee, Georgia and California as a trailer driver; assisted in loading trailers and coordinated with customers to reschedule loads.
- Created own company; negotiated trailer leases for several customers.
- Attended school for trucking management; earned certification as a manager of a trucking company.
- Received outstanding quality award for maintaining cleanliness of property and equipment, completing reports timely and accurately.
- Received outstanding quality award for keeping thorough records of all assets and liabilities.
Trailer Driver Resume Sample 14
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service as a Trailer Driver; completed cross-dock, drop-and-hook, and backhaul with excellence.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey rating from customers who had used the service.
- Awarded for quality delivery; developed outstanding delivery in its entirety.
- Closed my “Incident Rate” by 4 points; recognized by the Regional Manager for exceptional performance.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to freight bills.
To be a Trailer Driver, you must have a high school diploma, a valid driver’s license, and a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). You must have good physical health, hand-eye coordination, adequate hearing and visual abilities, time management, independence, good work ethic, and the ability to follow instructions.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.