A testing lead works in the software development industry testing software. Duties include testing software builds, assigning tasks to the testing team, making recommendations to software designers, compiling software testing schedules, hiring employees, training employees, coding, and filing test reports.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Testing Lead Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Testing Lead resumes for your reference.
Testing Lead Resume Sample 1
- Developed, deployed, and supported over 115 residential customer websites for a Fortune 500 company; worked with numerous web developers to provide expertise in both front-end design and back-end programming.
- Deployed and maintained more than 300 individual software components, ranging from form validation to database access.
- Effectively collaborated with various systems engineers, project managers, and quality assurance specialists to meet deadline demands.
- Managed most complex software deployment for a Fortune 500 company in the United States.
- Demonstrated outstanding knowledge of software development practices; demonstrated effective verbal/written communication skills in a technical environment.
Testing Lead Resume Sample 2
- Lead international standard testing groups to ensure that development was meeting guidelines and was on track for release.
- Led development of new systems for my company’s customer base.
- Developed systems for an international customer; achieved the ability to communicate in three different languages on a daily basis.
- Trained and supervised over 30 support technicians and developers, as well as project managers, QA leads, and programmers.
Testing Lead Resume Sample 3
- Assisted in the testing and verification of over 1,000 features and functions during the six months of assignments.
- Received outstanding quality of service award; participated in a travel event which earned us international recognition.
- Performed two reviews a week with knowledgeable peers to understand current industry trends and developments.
- Became an expert by attending training seminars at Customer Technical Training Centers.
- Competed in two contests per year, vouching for consistent attendance and dedication during the past four seasons.
Testing Lead Resume Sample 4
- Managed and trained a team of 30 other software testers; achieved high-quality assurance release deadlines without sacrificing thoroughness of the testing process.
- Led the effort to convert critical bug reports into full-proof test plans for development teams.
- Eliminated problems with software localization by creating an online repository for user-provided language files and reporting bugs directly to development teams.
- Reduced learning curve on new software releases by establishing internal procedures for bug reporting, test plan generation, and correct documentation of bug fixes for development teams.
- Convinced clients to delay projects for several months by highlighting the potential for catastrophic results due to testing deficiencies.
Testing Lead Resume Sample 5
- Adhered to strict deadlines and requested changes as required.
- Corrected own work as well as that of others with minimal supervision.
- Expressed concern when standards were not met, and offered suggestions for improving the process.
- Respected and completed tasks before others to help assure equal opportunity for all.
- Criticized own performance by measuring it against standards agreed upon with supervisor.
Testing Lead Resume Sample 6
- Created, maintained, and administered testing, implementation, and release processes within an organizationâ€™s business process.
- Lead efforts to design, implement and support software systems to meet business needs.
- Analyzed business risks, opportunities, and drivers with a focus on making informed decisions that improve the bottom line of the company.
- Updated processes in conjunction with management for maximum efficiency, compliance, and quality.
- Effectively delegated tasks such as testing scripts to ensure team performance; delivered high-quality software with minimal delays; made appropriate time-off requests for training/personal reasons.
Testing Lead Resume Sample 7
- Assisted Software Team in developing and updating tests for a specific business application’s modules.
- Trained new testers on testing techniques and how to use the testing suite for the application.
- Conducted daily stand-up meetings to ensure progress towards planned objectives was made as scheduled.
- Scheduled, coordinated, and conducted regular retesting of product enhancements and revisions to ensure quality control.
- Used metrics tools to identify areas that require more attention or improvement with the testing process; provided recommendations to help improve the efficiency of the software development team.
Testing Lead Resume Sample 8
- Recognized for ability to test and re-test software and hardware to ensure 100% product compatibility before and after major system upgrades.
- Awarded Lead Tester position for a project due to demonstrated knowledge of testing tools, and ability to coach junior testers in their use.
- Granted year-end bonus for the productivity of team in an environment where improved efficiency was mandatory.
- Recognized as the team member who most consistently exercised the balanced benefits of the company’s vacation, time off, and flex-time policies.
- Appointed Testing Supervisor after proving ability to maintain quality assurance while significantly reducing costs by 15%.
Testing Lead Resume Sample 9
- Presided over and lead comprehensive quality control for the entire used testing of outdated programming language applications.
- A finalized survey of 100% of used program modules to compile information for the final transfer to new programming language.
- Wrote, organized, and presented team preliminary reports on the outcome of the use testing for senior software developers and clients.
- Selected, trained, and developed a team of three analysts to evaluate code from databases from 11 departments; compiled data into reports that were reviewed by corporate leaders.
- Reviewed new program coding with team management and clients; prepared written summary reports containing information that served as supplementary material in the bidding process.
Testing Lead Resume Sample 10
- Achieved 100% for every test that was run, including the complete resolution of a major bug after two weeks.
- Identified and refined important software features through extensive analysis of user feedback and requirements.
- Adhered to standards of quality and ensured consistent testing standards by coaching the team, monitoring progress, and proctoring tests.
- Maintained an outstanding performance record and was recognized by the Quality assurance team with a special “Outstanding Test Lead” award.
- The lead received an “Exemplary Test Lead” award for his excellent test management skills.
Testing Lead Resume Sample 11
- Provided training on test procedures and guidelines to staff members who, in turn, had improved their testing abilities and productivity.
- Directed testing procedures for software during beta phase of development; effectively implemented new testing tools to analyze source code structure and pinpoint errors.
- Performed as Project Lead for a software upgrade; oversaw testing procedures for company-wide roll out with less than 1% error rate, resulting in over $4 million in revenue for the company.
- Used initiative to improve quality assurance processes by recommending implementation of process metrics and analysis tools; resulting from improved efficiency, produced an average $25K per month revenue increase month after month.
- Talented with multicultural communication; worked well with employees from around the world.
Testing Lead Resume Sample 12
- Developed, created and maintained a variety of tests for a new software program; resolved bugs in the first release of the program.
- Made sixteen suggestions to improve the test structure of a major software company’s new release; implemented ten ideas upon release.
- Self-employed from beginning of June to end of September; set up and launched one own website.
- Maintained four job sites on the Internet; created and maintained a knowledge base for another job site.
- Developed, designed, and implemented a software testing course for the University of Maryland.
Education requirements include a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer programming, or another related field. Skills to succeed include knowledge of multiple programming languages, attention to detail, organized, good telephone etiquette, good analytical skills, good problem-solving skills, strong troubleshooting skills, and ability to lead a team in a high-pressure environment.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.